nicolereynolds

i need help with the I-864 affidavit of support

13 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm about to start filing the I-864 affiavit of support forms, I'm not working i live with my husband in turkey. i'm a usc i do have a domiscile in the usa and i do have a joint sponsor . would like to know if some can help me understand what forms to file, my joint sponsor is filing a I-864 should i do the same and do i also have to file a i-864a to and does the I-864 need to be notarized also. this i what i think i have to do fill out the I-864 do a cover page like i did for the I-130 and and the last 3 years tax forms . i have clue what els i need or i'm doing it wrong can someone please help me. thank you for ur time

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

As the petitioner, you must file an I-864 even with a Joint Sponsor.

The Joint Sponsor files his own I-864.

No one files the I-864a if the Joint Sponsor is not combining income with a spouse or household member.

The I-864 can not be notarized and is not notarized.

It's a good idea to include a cover letter listing all the supporting documents for the I-864.

As the petitioner, you must file an I-864 even with a Joint Sponsor.

The Joint Sponsor files his own I-864.

No one files the I-864a if the Joint Sponsor is not combining income with a spouse or household member.

The I-864 can not be notarized and is not notarized.

It's a good idea to include a cover letter listing all the supporting documents for the I-864

In part 3. Information on Immigrant(s) you are sponsoring

1. I am sponsoring the principle immigrant named in part 2 and i put yes and my husband is the only one do i put none in the next part were it says family member 1 ans so on? thks for the help

Edited by nicolereynolds

yes this is true as family members could be sons or daughters or siblings. so yes leave it blank.

do i put none or just leave it blank

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

You can leave it blank because you didn't check the option #2 in Part 3 that says "I am sponsoring the following family members..............."

Edited by bsayed1210

You can leave it blank because you didn't check the option #2 in Part 3 that says "I am sponsoring the following family members..............."

I have not been working for the last two years, i have been living over seas with my husband should i still send in my last three tax years like 2012, 2011, 2010 incom tax forms ? i do have a joint sponsor

It would be impossible to send tax returns you didn't make. Include a letter stating why you did not file a tax return for 2013, 2012, and include your 2011 income as needed.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

you should send your most recent tax returns. if your last ones were in 2012, 2011, and 2010 then you should include them in your form. obviously you can't send tax returns for years you have been unemployed.

you should send your most recent tax returns. if your last ones were in 2012, 2011, and 2010 then you should include them in your form. obviously you can't send tax returns for years you have been unemployed.

can you use copys of my taxes from h&r block or do have to get them from the IRS ? thank you very much for help me out

Do not send 3 years of tax returns. You send the LAST 3 years, which currently is 2013, 2012, 2011. If you DID NOT do the returns, you include a letter stating WHY you did not do the return.

You can download and print a copy of your TAX RETURN TRANSCRIPT from the IRS website. This is preferable to the entire tax return. http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

this answer is wrong. You should only send the MOST recent years tax returns. If you did not file send in an explanation as to why

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.