Kaptan

My case number up for a March visa according to latest visa bulletin. When can I expect 2nd letter and interview date?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi,

My case # is EU21xxx. According to the latest visa bulletin, visas up to EU24000 will be available in March. Does this mean the interview would take place some time in March as well? I have not received a second letter informing me of my interview date yet, when can I expect this?

Also, during the past few months I moved from Abu Dhabi to Hong Kong due to work reasons. I have updated my relevant info on the DS-260 by having it unlocked, and have received written confirmation from KCC that my requested interview location has been changed to Hong Kong as well, so on paper everything seems to be fine. However, I was wondering if having an interview location change during the application process may cause any delays. Appreciate if anyone can share any experience or insight on this.

Thanks!

Hi,

My case # is EU21xxx. According to the latest visa bulletin, visas up to EU24000 will be available in March. Does this mean the interview would take place some time in March as well? I have not received a second letter informing me of my interview date yet, when can I expect this?

Also, during the past few months I moved from Abu Dhabi to Hong Kong due to work reasons. I have updated my relevant info on the DS-260 by having it unlocked, and have received written confirmation from KCC that my requested interview location has been changed to Hong Kong as well, so on paper everything seems to be fine. However, I was wondering if having an interview location change during the application process may cause any delays. Appreciate if anyone can share any experience or insight on this.

Thanks!

You need to have case complete letter from NVC at NVC stage and then depend on your embassy ( which is hong kong) one can tell you the approximate date.

Note : this post is related to I 130.

Hi,

Thanks!

It's difficult to answer without knowing when you first submitted your DS260, but if processing has completed you should get your 2NL next week, roughly, for a March interview . Remember to check your ESC page too in case the email informing of you an update goes astray. It is possible however that there is a delay from change in interview location, depending when you did that. Keep in mind that others have reported being assigned their original location despite similar confirmation from KCC that they had changed it so be prepared to get back on the phone to KCC if necessary!

You need to have case complete letter from NVC at NVC stage and then depend on your embassy ( which is hong kong) one can tell you the approximate date.

Note : this post is related to I 130.

OP has DV interview, nothing to do with NVC at all, only KCC, or I130. Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

It's difficult to answer without knowing when you first submitted your DS260, but if processing has completed you should get your 2NL next week, roughly, for a March interview . Remember to check your ESC page too in case the email informing of you an update goes astray. It is possible however that there is a delay from change in interview location, depending when you did that. Keep in mind that others have reported being assigned their original location despite similar confirmation from KCC that they had changed it so be prepared to get back on the phone to KCC if necessary!

OP has DV interview, nothing to do with NVC at all, only KCC, or I130.

Hi SusieQQQ,

Thanks for your informative response. I submitted my DS-260 sometime in early May if I remember correctly, in other words probably within ten days or so of results being announced. Would that have been quick enough to be able to get a March interview in your opinion?

Btw, our DS-260's were unlocked and resubmitted a couple of times, first due to the birth of my daughter, and the second time due to our move to Hong Kong. Would these unlocking and relockings have any bearing on the interview date?

Thanks for the heads up on the ESC page, as well as the fact that some people have had their original posts being assigned despite receiving confirmation of their location change. I will keep my eyes on both.

Hi SusieQQQ,

Thanks for your informative response. I submitted my DS-260 sometime in early May if I remember correctly, in other words probably within ten days or so of results being announced. Would that have been quick enough to be able to get a March interview in your opinion?

Btw, our DS-260's were unlocked and resubmitted a couple of times, first due to the birth of my daughter, and the second time due to our move to Hong Kong. Would these unlocking and relockings have any bearing on the interview date?

Thanks for the heads up on the ESC page, as well as the fact that some people have had their original posts being assigned despite receiving confirmation of their location change. I will keep my eyes on both.

Hm, I think you will be ok re receiving a March interview - I am not sure if unlocking the DS would delay it but I would guess it wouldn't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.