fouzimedfouni

Still waiting on my Interview for my Green card

25 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I received a notice about my interview for my green card and I was here waiting for 2 Years , Am I gonna get the Permenant green card since I have been married for 2 years (came with fiancee visa), cause I know I qualify for it , or I will just have adjustment of status. plus I received the notice in 11/25/2014, and it says I would receive it during the next 90 days, so if anybody had experienced that situation I would like get some infos , thank you in advance

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If your green card is approved after you have already been married for 2 years, then yes, you should receive the 10 year card. You can ask the IO about it when you have your interview.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

If your green card is approved after you have already been married for 2 years, then yes, you should receive the 10 year card. You can ask the IO about it when you have your interview.

I think for that reason they are taking their time cause in the 02/22 is our second anniversery , by the way we got divorced for two months and remarry again

Timeline

You were divorced and remarried? Have you been married now for 2 years since the second marriage? That is what will matter. Also, if your interview and approval is before you have been married 2 years, then you will receive the 2 year conditional card.

If you divorced and remarried, then your AOS would not be based on the approved I-129F petition and K-1 visa entry then. You would have needed to file an I-130 too, yes?

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

You were divorced and remarried? Have you been married now for 2 years since the second marriage? That is what will matter. Also, if your interview and approval is before you have been married 2 years, then you will receive the 2 year conditional card.

If you divorced and remarried, then your AOS would not be based on the approved I-129F petition and K-1 visa entry then. You would have needed to file an I-130 too, yes?

we are married (10 months the first time) and (13 months for the second time), and my file Closed (I-485) and I appealed it , and they opened it for me again

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to Fam.-based AOS Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

I doubt that would count for two years. Not even I would consider.

They are probably going to question the reason(s) for the divorce and remarriage...

well, I am sure they will question that and put me under the microscope, I think my chances are 50/50 to get it without conditions

To my understanding even if you remarry the same person it is considered a "new marriage". The time will be considered as from the last time you married. Most likely you can get the 2 year conditional GC. Also, why did you go through the divorce when you loved that person? One thing is to seperate and another is to go up to divorce.

We waited one full year to get the GC approved. They granted the 2 year conditional card instead of the 10 year GC even though we were 17 days away from turning 2 years of marriage.

Best wishes.

Edited by lunaboriken

11/17/2011- Sent AOS packet
12/15/2011- Received AOS packet
01/03/2012- Received NOA 1
02/07/2012- Biometrics
03/17/2012- Transfer to Missouri
04/25/2012- Transfer to Vermont
10/23/2012- Transfer to CSC
12/01/2012- AOS interview
12/03/2012- AOS approved- email notice
12/07/2012- Received Conditional GC-2014

09/04/2014- Sent I-751
09/09/2014- NOA1
09/13/2014- NOA2 for Biometrics
10/01/2014- Biometrics app
01/05/2015- ROC approval/card production
01/08/2015- Received letter in the mail of approval
01/09/2015- GC sent by 3-Day Priority Mail
01/10/2015- Received renewed card in the mail

09/04/2015- Eligible to apply for N-400 based on 3 year rule
#/#/##- N-400 sent
#/#/##- N-400 delivered
#/#/##- NOA1 received
#/#/##- Biometrics
#/#/##- Interview
#/#/##- Oath letter
#/#/##- Oath ceremony

Timeline

To my understanding even if you remarry the same person it is considered a "new marriage". The time will be considered as from the last time you married. Most likely you can get the 2 year conditional GC. Also, why did you go through the divorce when you loved that person? One thing is to seperate and another is to go up to divorce.

We waited one full year to get the GC approved. They granted the 2 year conditional card instead of the 10 year GC even though we were 17 days away from turning 2 years of marriage.

Best wishes.

hopefully everything turn out the best for me, cause I am tired. I did not work for 2 years !!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

okay, this brings up a good question in my mind............... If it takes so long (up to a year) to get the first AOS 2 yr green card, then why not wait until

you've been married for 2 years and apply and get the 10 yr? Saving all that grief and money!! Does anyone have a good explanation why we shouldn't wait?

I'm sure there may be a good reason to apply immediately, but I'm not aware of it If so, please enlighten me.

I (Todd) am the petitioner from the U.S. / Beth is in/from Philippines :thumbs:

---------------VISA JOURNEY---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6-30-2014: Mailed I129F Packet to Dallas Lockbox......... H e e e r e WE g o o o o o!! (L):wub::dance:

7-08-2014: Received email confirmation & text of application packet receipt and case #. Texas Service Center.

7-11-2014: Received actual letter confirmation of receipt and case #.

7-11-2014: Received email notification of Alien registration # being changed.

7-31-2014: Received text/email of I129F approval (Post Decision Activity) yes, we were processed at TSC!

8-04-2014: Received hard copy NOA2 in mail confirming approved and sent to NVC.

8-05-2014: Received text/email and USCIS status update. 2nd half of Post Decision Activity - Sent to DOS for processing.

8-13-2014: NVC assigned case/MNL# !!!

8-15 -2014: Interview scheduled.....August 28!

8-15 -2014: CEAC status: IN TRANSIT to Consular Section.

8-18-2014: CEAC status changed to "READY"

8-18-2014: Shots completed 2nd day. Medical complete. received a CD, papers, and passport

8-19-2014: Completed CFO seminar (Will return to CFO office to get sticker after Visa is in hand)

8-25-2014: Received hard copy of NVC case # assignment and fwd to consulate letter in mail.

8-28-2014: 1:00 am my time...........Interview done.........APPROVED !!! :dancing:(L):wow::wub::thumbs:

9-02-2014: Administrative Processing

9-04-2014: Issued

9-07-2014: Text msg from 2GO, Visa ready for pickup

9-08-2014: Visa in hand, CFO sticker obtained

--------AOS JOURNEY-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-05-2014: AOS Package at Chicago Lockbox received per U.S. mail tracking

12-19-2014: Received texts/emails that file has been accepted and routed. (All three...485, 131,765)

12-26-2014: Received Biometrics appointment notice. Scheduled 1-7-2015.

12-27-2014: Received NOA1 / I-797C in mail for all three applications.

01-07-2014: Biometrics completed in Fort Smith, AR. .. went in early, they took us no problem. Took maybe 10 minutes.

02-10-2015: Received text and emails notification of approved EAD and AP. Status changed to reflect approval.

02-17-2-15: Received NOA I-797 letter only.....for Advanced Parole in mail.

02-21-2015: Received EAD/AP combo card in mail today.

03-19-2015: Received the "Notice of Potential Interview Case" letter in mail today.

06-03-2015: Requested to expedite due to potential loss of funds if vacation had to be cancelled due to non acceptable travel docs to Mexico.

06-05-205: Response denying expedite. Stated while sounded important, only cases strictly adhering to the "qualification" to expedite are granted such process.

08-11-2015: Sent "out of processing time" inquiry

08-12-2015: Received generic response stating that due to workload factors USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case."

08-15-2015: (Saturday@8am) received email stating a recent processing action has taken place on our case. Status:Card/Document Production

"We ordered your new card for MSCxxxxxxxx, and will mail it. You can expect your card within 30 days of approval of your application.

8-12-2015: Online status changed to "NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED" . Couple days later, received hard copy of notice.

8-31-2015: Received text notifying that "We mailed your new card"

9-01-2015: Received GREEN CARD!! 275 days from date of mailing/filing AOS.

Timeline

When your I-94 expires, you will be out of status. You could be detained by ICE for that reason. You cannot work or travel abroad and re-enter. If you don't mind the risk of unlawful presence and never want to work, attend school, perhaps not be able to have a bank account or insurance, get a drivers license/state ID, or travel abroad for even an emergency for 2 years, then you can wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Doesn't the I-94 expire anway before you get that first card because of the wait? I was under the impression that the AP documents took

the place of the I-94 as far as being able to travel abroad.?

I (Todd) am the petitioner from the U.S. / Beth is in/from Philippines :thumbs:

---------------VISA JOURNEY---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6-30-2014: Mailed I129F Packet to Dallas Lockbox......... H e e e r e WE g o o o o o!! (L):wub::dance:

7-08-2014: Received email confirmation & text of application packet receipt and case #. Texas Service Center.

7-11-2014: Received actual letter confirmation of receipt and case #.

7-11-2014: Received email notification of Alien registration # being changed.

7-31-2014: Received text/email of I129F approval (Post Decision Activity) yes, we were processed at TSC!

8-04-2014: Received hard copy NOA2 in mail confirming approved and sent to NVC.

8-05-2014: Received text/email and USCIS status update. 2nd half of Post Decision Activity - Sent to DOS for processing.

8-13-2014: NVC assigned case/MNL# !!!

8-15 -2014: Interview scheduled.....August 28!

8-15 -2014: CEAC status: IN TRANSIT to Consular Section.

8-18-2014: CEAC status changed to "READY"

8-18-2014: Shots completed 2nd day. Medical complete. received a CD, papers, and passport

8-19-2014: Completed CFO seminar (Will return to CFO office to get sticker after Visa is in hand)

8-25-2014: Received hard copy of NVC case # assignment and fwd to consulate letter in mail.

8-28-2014: 1:00 am my time...........Interview done.........APPROVED !!! :dancing:(L):wow::wub::thumbs:

9-02-2014: Administrative Processing

9-04-2014: Issued

9-07-2014: Text msg from 2GO, Visa ready for pickup

9-08-2014: Visa in hand, CFO sticker obtained

--------AOS JOURNEY-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-05-2014: AOS Package at Chicago Lockbox received per U.S. mail tracking

12-19-2014: Received texts/emails that file has been accepted and routed. (All three...485, 131,765)

12-26-2014: Received Biometrics appointment notice. Scheduled 1-7-2015.

12-27-2014: Received NOA1 / I-797C in mail for all three applications.

01-07-2014: Biometrics completed in Fort Smith, AR. .. went in early, they took us no problem. Took maybe 10 minutes.

02-10-2015: Received text and emails notification of approved EAD and AP. Status changed to reflect approval.

02-17-2-15: Received NOA I-797 letter only.....for Advanced Parole in mail.

02-21-2015: Received EAD/AP combo card in mail today.

03-19-2015: Received the "Notice of Potential Interview Case" letter in mail today.

06-03-2015: Requested to expedite due to potential loss of funds if vacation had to be cancelled due to non acceptable travel docs to Mexico.

06-05-205: Response denying expedite. Stated while sounded important, only cases strictly adhering to the "qualification" to expedite are granted such process.

08-11-2015: Sent "out of processing time" inquiry

08-12-2015: Received generic response stating that due to workload factors USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case."

08-15-2015: (Saturday@8am) received email stating a recent processing action has taken place on our case. Status:Card/Document Production

"We ordered your new card for MSCxxxxxxxx, and will mail it. You can expect your card within 30 days of approval of your application.

8-12-2015: Online status changed to "NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED" . Couple days later, received hard copy of notice.

8-31-2015: Received text notifying that "We mailed your new card"

9-01-2015: Received GREEN CARD!! 275 days from date of mailing/filing AOS.

Timeline

You cannot use the I-94 to travel abroad and re-enter when you enter with a K-1 visa. It is a one time entry visa. If you leave before filing for AOS and having AP or a green card in hand, then you will need to apply for a spousal visa to get back in.

The I-94 will expire 90 days after entry. Once it does, you are out of status. Filing for AOS will place you in a new period of authorized stay and you will no longer be accumulating overstay. It takes about 60-90 days to receive the EAD/AP card, which you can use to work and re-enter the US while waiting for your green card approval.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.