Creag06

No Notice received for interview date

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey everyone, just have a couple of questions if anyone can shed some light on them.

I have completed the biometrics, and am currently waiting for the notice of my interview date.

However even though through the USCIS website, it says, that they are ready to schedule the interview, and that I should receive a notice for the interview date, by December 26th, if not then I have to request it!

Well its December 28th, have not received anything, so I have sent for request.

my question is:

1. has anyone else had this problem of not receiving the notice, I haven't moved addresses or anything,

2. they said I should have a reply from them about my request by January 17th, is there no way to find out sooner?

3. what if I miss the interview date due to them not sending/me receiving the interview date!

Any other info would be greatly appreciated, thanks for reading.

Creag

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Some USCIS offices have a longer waiting period than others for receiving an interview date. If your local USCIS office is one that is backlogged and busy, then the wait could be longer and it is possible no interview has been scheduled as of yet.

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based main forum to Progress Reports sub-forum - topic is case status ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Timeline

Hey everyone, just have a couple of questions if anyone can shed some light on them.

I have completed the biometrics, and am currently waiting for the notice of my interview date.

However even though through the USCIS website, it says, that they are ready to schedule the interview, and that I should receive a notice for the interview date, by December 26th, if not then I have to request it!

my question is:

1. has anyone else had this problem of not receiving the notice, I haven't moved addresses or anything,

2. they said I should have a reply from them about my request by January 17th, is there no way to find out sooner?

3. what if I miss the interview date due to them not sending/me receiving the interview date!

Creag

My date (December 26) also passed without an interview. I also sent e-request. I'm in Phoenix and I read another couple (also Phoenix, Sept thread) and who is a over a month ahead of me in their timeline (their notice should have arrived Dec 1), still hasn't got their date yet so I think we are all just a number. Just have to wait your turn.

Where does it say that that is the date you should receive an interview notice? The wording is very poorly written by USCIS, but once you enter the interview scheduling stage it says that you should receive a notice within thirty days of the interview being scheduled, not within thirty days of you entering the testing and interview stage. I had to wait about seven months after entering the testing and interview stage before an interview was scheduled, but once I received the interview notice online I got the letter in the mail a few days later. That's what the thirty-day timeframe is referring to.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

my question is:

Creag

Hi there,

I am on same boat here.

However our dates are a bit different.

My status on the USCIS site right now:

Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

As of November 20, 2014, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxxx, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your interview notice by December 20, 2014, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

So, as you've done, I've also sent a request. And they said I should get a reply by 10th of January.

Let's keep in touch to know what's going on...

Good luck for us! ;)

Where does it say that that is the date you should receive an interview notice? The wording is very poorly written by USCIS, but once you enter the interview scheduling stage it says that you should receive a notice within thirty days of the interview being scheduled, not within thirty days of you entering the testing and interview stage. I had to wait about seven months after entering the testing and interview stage before an interview was scheduled, but once I received the interview notice online I got the letter in the mail a few days later. That's what the thirty-day timeframe is referring to.

Ohhh! I got it... This is not good.... :(

K1 Visa:

Service Center: California
Consulate: Rio de Janeiro

2013-07-01: I-129F Sent
2013-07-08: Email acceptance
2013-07-15: NOA1 - hardcopy

2013-07-05: Date of NOA1

2013-09-10: Date of NOA2 (67 days from NOA1)

2013-09-14: NOA2 - hardcopy

2013-10-22: NVC Casa Number (42 days after my NOA2)

2013-10-25: NVC Left

2013-10-28: Consulate Received

2013-11-27: Interview Date - Approved!

Adjustment of Status - AOS K1 Visa:

2014-07-19: Date Filed

2014-07-27: NOA Date

2014-08-15: RFE

2014-10-30: RFE Response

2014-10-31: RFE Received

2014-11-20: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

2015-04-05: Interview Schedule

2015-05-11: Interview - Approved!

2015-05-20: Card was delivered to me by the post office... Green Card in hands! :)

Employment Authorization Document – EAD

2014-11-21: Approved Date

2014-11-24: Card Was Ordered To Be Produced

2014-12-01: Card Was Mailed To Me

2014-12-03: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Advance Parole – AP

2014-11-21: Case Was Approved

2014-11-25: Advance parole Document Was Produced

2014-11-30: Advance Parole Received by mail (only for my both kids, not for me (?)

Timeline

Yeh I shall keep you updated once I hear something, but until then hope everyone had a good xmas, and a happy new years!! (hopefully starting the new year with me being able to work) :)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yeh I shall keep you updated once I hear something, but until then hope everyone had a good xmas, and a happy new years!! (hopefully starting the new year with me being able to work) :)

Ok. I got a notice after filling that same form (e-request) that you did.

Basically they said:

"Your case is currently waiting to be scheduled for an interview. You should receive a notice with an interview date, time, and location within 4-5 months of the date of this letter."

4-5 MONTHS!!!!!!!! kidding me?????

Should I comment something or errr.... just cry?

K1 Visa:

Service Center: California
Consulate: Rio de Janeiro

2013-07-01: I-129F Sent
2013-07-08: Email acceptance
2013-07-15: NOA1 - hardcopy

2013-07-05: Date of NOA1

2013-09-10: Date of NOA2 (67 days from NOA1)

2013-09-14: NOA2 - hardcopy

2013-10-22: NVC Casa Number (42 days after my NOA2)

2013-10-25: NVC Left

2013-10-28: Consulate Received

2013-11-27: Interview Date - Approved!

Adjustment of Status - AOS K1 Visa:

2014-08-15: RFE

2014-10-30: RFE Response

2014-10-31: RFE Received

2014-11-20: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

2015-04-05: Interview Schedule

2015-05-11: Interview - Approved!

2015-05-20: Card was delivered to me by the post office... Green Card in hands! :)

Employment Authorization Document – EAD

2014-11-21: Approved Date

2014-11-24: Card Was Ordered To Be Produced

2014-12-01: Card Was Mailed To Me

Advance Parole – AP

2014-11-21: Case Was Approved

2014-11-25: Advance parole Document Was Produced

2014-11-30: Advance Parole Received by mail (only for my both kids, not for me (?)

Basically they said:

"Your case is currently waiting to be scheduled for an interview. You should receive a notice with an interview date, time, and location within 4-5 months of the date of this letter."

What is your local office?

I'm waiting for the January times to post, then I should be outside of normal processing times. I filed about a month before you. I found out that my case has been in my local office (San Antonio) at least since December 8th. And we still don't have our interview notice. Our online status still shows "acceptance."

Do you know where your file is located? From my understanding, files are only transferred to the local office once there is an opening for an interview. But I guess that's not always the case since my file has been sitting there for a month. Maybe you could call a Tier 2 officer and at least inquire about the location of your file?

Hang in there! And there's nothing wrong with crying during this process. I do it all the time. :)

Wishing all of your luck on your immigration journeys.

Timeline

Basically they said:

well that's sh*t!!! sorry to hear that, I guess that will be the same case for me when I eventually hear back from them, just got to stay positive.

does anyone know when you have to apply for the 10 year green card after the two temporary that it takes as long too?

sooooooo long!!!! nice to see with the money that we pay the service is keeping up with he work loads (cough cough!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.