Ilovemyman

dso- january 2015 step by step

24 posts in this topic

i hope that with this post many people be clear about the new process at Santo Domingo embassy.

1-The appointments to apply for your immigrant visa, to be interviewed in the Consular Section, will be scheduled by the National Visa Center (NVC), in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, and some of them by the Consular Section, Embassy of the United States, in Santo Domingo.

(you need wait your appoinment letter from NVC or from the consulate at Santo Domingo, once you get your letter you go to the step 2)

2-Fill out the DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application), electronically. Please follow this link https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/, answer all questions. If your children are applying for a visa with you, each one must completely fill out the Form DS-160, on line. You must present the print out of the confirmation page, which contains a series of bar codes, and present this confirmation sheet the day of the interview. We suggest to write down the Application ID displayed on the top right-hand corner of the page.

3-You need to create your profile/electronic account atwww.ustraveldocs.com, to schedule your appointment to visit the VAC, (prior to your appointment in the Consular Section The VAC is located on the first floor of the Galería 360 shopping center, on Avenue John F. Kennedy in Santo Domingo. Applicants will visit the VAC,prior to their appointment at the Embassy, in order to have photographs taken, provide fingerprints, collect other necessary data before their interview, and also to deposit documents requested the date of your interview. The visa applicant will need to present a valid passport, receipt of payment of the application fee, and the confirmation page of the DS-260 or DS-160 (for K, fiancée visas). You will need to make an appointment to visit the VAC through their website: at www.ustraveldocs.com. ).

You also need to select the place that you would like to pick up your passport and the immigrant visa package, if issued, in any of the twelve MAILBOXES, ETC locations around the country. Mailboxes, Etc. has 12 locations in the Dominican Republic, in Santo Domingo, Santiago, San Cristobal, Las Terrenas, and La Romana. After completing your profile, you will be directed a confirmation page that lists the visa fee amount due. Please print this page and take it to Banco Popular Dominicano to pay your visa fee.

4-Pay the application fee of US$265, the equivalent in Dominican pesos at any branch of Banco Popular. This one-time fee covers appointment scheduling, client support, and delivery services.

5- Finally, Return to the website at www.ustraveldocs.com to FINISH THE PROCESS. Remember to be on time to your visa interview in the Consular Section of the Embassy of the United States, and arrive not earlier than half an hour.

Please check Instructions for K-1/K-2 Visa Applicants.

STEPS RESUME

1-GET LETTER FROM NVC OR CONSULATE PACKET 4

2-FILL OUT DS-160 , PRINT CONFIRMATION PAGE.

3-You need to create your profile/electronic account atwww.ustraveldocs.com, to schedule your appointment to visit the VAC, (prior to your appointment in the Consular Section.After completing your profile, you will be directed a confirmation page that lists the visa fee amount due.

4- GO TO BANCO POPULAR AND PAY FEE

5- Finally, Return to the website at www.ustraveldocs.com TO FINISH THE PROCESS.

IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND SOME OF THIS STEP, JUST CONTACT ME , IT IS A PLEASURE HELP :)

Edited by Ilovemyman

1.Step 5, what do you mean finish the process what else, 2.do you have any suggestion on how in advance to schedule appointment before interview. :idea:

5b9cde523a.png

b6fc76dd7c.png

so for us the people that been waiting since october like me or aome like that do we need to take these steps too? or what im kind of confused

We first gonna receive the packet 4 and them make the profile on ustraveldocs

my fiance already fill out his ds 160 does this gonna be a problem if we have to take this new steps??

1.Step 5, what do you mean finish the process what else, 2.do you have any suggestion on how in advance to schedule appointment before interview. :idea:

I dont have any idea how in avance of the interview you can schedule the appoinment at VCA, but i think that you need be sure to deposit your document and have fingersprints taken before interview at the consulate.

so for us the people that been waiting since october like me or aome like that do we need to take these steps too? or what im kind of confused

We first gonna receive the packet 4 and them make the profile on ustraveldocs

my fiance already fill out his ds 160 does this gonna be a problem if we have to take this new steps??

If you have fill out the ds-160, it isnt be a problem follow the steps.

All you need is know your interview date, and make your profil at traveldoc, and follow all the steps.

Dont worry on january , i hope that people on the phone be helpful, because now you call and they dont know nothing about k1.

All you need is know your interview date, and make your profil at traveldoc, and follow all the steps.

Dont worry on january , i hope that people on the phone be helpful, because now you call and they dont know nothing about k1.

BUt how im gonna find out my interview date my goooood i wanna cry

Cuz i emailed them and all the say now is yo check my ceac status but they dont told me is they have an interview schedule or not

BUt how im gonna find out my interview date my goooood i wanna cry

Cuz i emailed them and all the say now is yo check my ceac status but they dont told me is they have an interview schedule or not

They will send you a letter with your interview date, that is packet 4.

Dont worry just wait, anyway you need the letter for the medical exam.

Does this new process only applies to k-1 visas?

To all kind of visas.

They started on november 12, 2014 with tourist visas, students, work visas with this process.

And on january 1 st. they will start with all kind of visas, k1 and spouses visas.

If you visa is spouse visas read the instructions on the embassy page for spouse visas, the process is almost the same, diferences are documents and fee to pay.

I am sorry for being a pain, but this is exactly the part that I am having a problem with. My husband filed back on September, and we are just waiting for our case to be completed by NVC. Does he have to file again? There is really no point on calling NVC because they really go above and beyond to not help you... That is my personal experience with them.

I am sorry for being a pain, but this is exactly the part that I am having a problem with. My husband filed back on September, and we are just waiting for our case to be completed by NVC. Does he have to file again? There is really no point on calling NVC because they really go above and beyond to not help you... That is my personal experience with them.

Justvwait to january and call them, i did k1 for that i know very well all steps for k1, i dont know about spouse visas.

And i know very well about dominicans documents, but i cant give you answers about spouse visas.

Justvwait to january and call them, i did k1 for that i know very well all steps for k1, i dont know about spouse visas.

And i know very well about dominicans documents, but i cant give you answers about spouse visas.

Thank you....

• 2 weeks later...

So when and how do we get the interview date. Waiting since Nov. 4

You can get interview date calling or e-mailing the consulate.

Anyway they will send you a letter with your appoinment date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.