11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I went for the k1 interview yesterday. I submitted loads of evidence and the interviewer asked me a lot of questions about my recent travels to Nigeria and Kenya.

She asked if I paid a dowry to my fiance's father during our engagement party (which was just a party), I said NO, then she remarked that it was good i didint because then i wouldnt have to apply for the K1 since we would be married if i did. My birth certificate is Nigerian but I am a Ghanaian so I explained that my parents came back to Ghana when i was 3 years old.

She asked about a few pictures and said she loved two of them and would even like to keep them if i agreed, Every thing seemed to go well. She asked if we've made any wedding arrangements and I said we were looking at sometime in March next year. If my fiance was an america by birth, I said YES, where she was born, how many siblings she had, if her parents have ever been to ghana, I said yes cuz her dad came for the engagement party.

After all the questioning, she told me she had some work to do on her part and that she will call me. She gave me the 221g form, ticked Administrative Processing and instead of a date she wrote "WILL CALL".

I'm a little confused now about how long i have to wait.

Has this happened to anyone else and what do you think?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Waivers/AP forum -- OP is at that stage. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

It seems the majority of cases at the Ghana embassy are being given AP. My fiance and I were lucky as we got approved, but most people I have talked to on here have been given AP with 'will call.' I hope your wait time is short and you all are approved soon! Hang in there!

Well, you are in a , dont drive crazy with the waiting time.

I am in ap 9 months now.

And belive me all we can do is wait.

my fiance has sent letter to the embassader here, he has called, i have e-mail rhem a million of times, i have called and all the time i get same answer : your case is in,ap just wait.

After 8 months they sent me a letter asking for some documents, i sent it, but no answer yet.

Relax and be patient, belive me ap and stress can destroy

The relationship.

Timeline

well,i have been in the same predicament/situation from december 2011 to december 2012(one whole year) before i was called to go and update my medicals before my visa was issued to me.I hope and pray that,yours didnt take u long like mine.Once again i wish u all the best

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

I live here in Canada under a K-1 Visa application. My interview was last May 2014 and put under AP since then. They asked for more Evidence of Relationship which I sent our "bulky evidence" on July 2014, until then not even an update regarding that matter. They only updated it when they replied to our email stating the same thing which is to "wait"!!!! We are so stress but we can't do anything but to wait and hopefully get approved soon!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

my Fiance had his first interview on 12/9/2014 he was given a 221G and told to come back 1/15/15. no further evidence was requested. He was called an told to come in 1/5/15 and then it was changed to 1/7/15 because of computer issue. the lady counslor did not ask for anymore evidence even though he had more emails an letters an phone records. she told him she was not conveinced it was a legitimate relationship. she gave him another 221G that said we are unable to issue a visa because the above application has been found ineligible under the 221G. I checked our status on CEAC website an it says Administrative Processing an it was updated on 1/8/2015. Im not understanding what is going on or where to go to now. Do this mean we are totally denied ? or is there still a chance of approval? if someone has some guidance on what i should do I would greatly appreciate it im desperately trying to understand this. We where thinking of getting married an filing I130 but are we stuck an can we do anything else or do we have to wait for a final denial?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It sounds like a denial for lack of bonafide relationship. For whatever they did in the time of your AP they have convinced themselves that you have failed to convince them that you are a real couple. My own experience with this is from Nigeria, where they sit on the thing long enough to have it be expired and send it back to USCIS, who if you wait patiently will send you a letter saying you are free to refile. You can try to get it held and reviewed by the head of the post ( although they supposedly already reviewed the denial ) If you want to try do not waste a moment and get your representative involved right away. The other ploy if you wait is for them to say it is already been sent to post.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.