Lauren2013

interview requirements

10 posts in this topic

Hey.

My husband was one of the people selected for the DV lottery visa 2015. I'm worried because when my husband filled for the DV lottery the first time, he didn't add me because my marriage date on the marriage certificate was on October 2 and my wedding ceremony was on November 30.. technically in an Arab tradition, we r considered officially married after the ceremony.

When we did the ds260 on may, we saw that my husbands name was written twice. (I was confused does Anyone know why that happened? ) we added my name on the application on the second entry. Since I'm a U.S citizen, will this effect my husbands chances in winning?

I was just wondering what are the things we need to get ready for the interview? What do we have to take to the interview? And since I am a US citizen, do I have to be present at the interview? If they assign an interview date for mmy husband, can he reschedule another interview date?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm confused as to exactly which section you put your name down on. I can't ever remember putting my name anywhere except for at the part asking about the spouse's name. There it allowed me to select USA as my nationality. If you put your name anywhere in the immigrant's sections then you were filling it out wrong.

Edited by Stressed Out

Myself: US citizen; Husband: German citizen

TransferWise Invitation Link: (first wire transfer is free) https://transferwise.com/u/eec50

(B-2 Journey):

-(then fiance) H-2B work visa application terminated due to qualification difficulties in Aug. 2010.

-(then fiance) B-2 tourist visa denied due to lack of strong ties to Germany in Sept. 2010.
-Third ESTA denied due to his suspiscious visa status on Oct. 15, 2012.
-B-2 tourist visa approved on Nov. 16, 2012!

(IR-1 Journey):

-Extended German residence permit obtained Aug. 23, 2014. (to qualify for DCF)

-Husband's new German passport picked up Aug. 28, 2014. (Old one expires 2015)

-I-130 packet sent to Frankfurt (DCF) Aug. 29, 2014!

-NOA1 issued Sept. 9, 2014 (received Sept.13)

-RFE regarding evidence of bona fide marriage received along with NOA1

-RFE reply packet sent to Frankfurt Sept. 30, 2014

-E-mail response (NOA2) received by USCIS Frankfurt on Oct. 23, 2014 (Petition APPROVED Oct. 20!!!) :dancing:

-Paper NOA2 received in the mail Oct. 29, 2014

-Case number assigned by IV unit Oct. 30, 2014 (Received by email Nov. 3)

-Paper "Packet 3" arrived in mail Nov. 4, 2014

-DS-260 and Document Delivery Registration submitted to Frankfurt Nov. 4, 2014

-Mailed in priority date request found on Packet 3 to IV Unit Nov. 5, 2014

-IV ("Packet 3") package sent to Frankfurt Nov. 17, 2014

-Medical completed by Frankfurt panel physician Nov. 17, 2014

-Received "Packet 4" via e-mail Nov. 20, 2014

-Interview booked for Dec. 3, 2014 (booked Nov. 21, 2014 after email authorization received)
-Visa approved, issued AND picked up by the courier all within 7 hours, Dec. 3, 2014
:dance:

-Visa packet arrived in the mail Dec. 4, 2014

-Visa packet had to be returned to Frankfurt for correction on Immigrant Data Summary sheet (wrong birthplace listed) Dec. 5, 2014

-Corrected visa packet received in the mail Dec. 11, 2014

-$165 Immigrant fee paid Dec. 11, 2014

-POE (through Dublin, Ireland) Jan. 18, 2015

-Registered manually for social security Jan. 27, 2015

-Social security card arrived within 2 weeks after applying in person/green card arrived within 30 days after entering U.S.

kXYGp1.png

I do not know about the duplication of your husband name.

for documents requirments, check this

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/interview-preparation-required-documents.html

for rescheduling interview, yes you can by contacting the embassy directly after you get your appointment.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

DV or Immigrant Visa?

You said you were sponsoring him.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Hey.

My husband was one of the people selected for the DV lottery visa 2015. I'm worried because when my husband filled for the DV lottery the first time, he didn't add me because my marriage date on the marriage certificate was on October 2 and my wedding ceremony was on November 30.. technically in an Arab tradition, we r considered officially married after the ceremony.

When we did the ds260 on may, we saw that my husbands name was written twice. (I was confused does Anyone know why that happened? ) we added my name on the application on the second entry. Since I'm a U.S citizen, will this effect my husbands chances in winning?

I was just wondering what are the things we need to get ready for the interview? What do we have to take to the interview? And since I am a US citizen, do I have to be present at the interview? If they assign an interview date for mmy husband, can he reschedule another interview date?

The interview is for people who need a visa, as a US citizen you obviously won't. For the same reason you don't need to fill in a ds260 for yourself.

He should have indicated you as a spouse but because you won't need a derivative visa it shouldn't be a problem.

Oh also, in the nationality part of the ds260, I'm 100 American born and raised but I couldn't find a choice for that. So I put the country I have an id for. Is that OK?

Oh just saw this. Was this for where you are listed as your husband's spouse on his DS260?

If you filled one in yourself then obviously there is no choice for US....as it is registration for aliens .... I think you will confuse the issue tremendously by putting your nationality as non-US as they will think you want a visa and then the potential issue of disqualication for not listing you as a spouse becomes real again.

Rescheduling varies by consulate. Some only allow it in event of unavoidable emergency. It's not really recommended, someone from one country was meant to be November 2014, they got given a new date in Aug 2015. Generally if you are able to reschedule you cannot choose a new date but have to accept what they give you, and often have to cancel the existing appointment before you know what the new date will be. If he gets rescheduled to very late in the fiscal year he runs a risk of not getting the visa through them running out of visas, or possibly being put on AP which is not resolved before fiscal year end etc. Maybe not a major problem as you are a citizen and will be able to sponsor him anyway?

I'm confused as to exactly which section you put your name down on. I can't ever remember putting my name anywhere except for at the part asking about the spouse's name. There it allowed me to select USA as my nationality. If you put your name anywhere in the immigrant's sections then you were filling it out wrong.

My husband is the principle applicant. When he filled the dv visa information, we were not married yet like I explained before. We had out marriage certificate signed in october and our wedding was November. In an Arab tradition we were not married yet until after the wedding ceremony. When I checked the ds260 status on may, I saw his name wriiten twice: the principle applicant and the accompany. His name in the accompany part has spouse under it. So idk what to do. Where is says spouse I filled the application using my name and information.

DV or Immigrant Visa?

You said you were sponsoring him.

The diversity visa

We have a sponsor, who is his cousin. I'm still a student.

Oh just saw this. Was this for where you are listed as your husband's spouse on his DS260?

If you filled one in yourself then obviously there is no choice for US....as it is registration for aliens .... I think you will confuse the issue tremendously by putting your nationality as non-US as they will think you want a visa and then the potential issue of disqualication for not listing you as a spouse becomes real again.

Rescheduling varies by consulate. Some only allow it in event of unavoidable emergency. It's not really recommended, someone from one country was meant to be November 2014, they got given a new date in Aug 2015. Generally if you are able to reschedule you cannot choose a new date but have to accept what they give you, and often have to cancel the existing appointment before you know what the new date will be. If he gets rescheduled to very late in the fiscal year he runs a risk of not getting the visa through them running out of visas, or possibly being put on AP which is not resolved before fiscal year end etc. Maybe not a major problem as you are a citizen and will be able to sponsor him anyway?

His name...... principle applicant

Principle

His name....... accompany

Spouse

That's the format its written on the ds260. Do u think i Should add a member and write my name on it and that I'm a u.s citizen or not?

I have a feeling that its going to be disqualified but you never know. Miracles happen. I really want my husband to win this visa because the spouse visa takes very long.

After reading what u said about the interview I'm not even going to think about changing it. Lol. But do u think I have to be there during the interview?

His name...... principle applicant

Principle

His name....... accompany

Spouse

That's the format its written on the ds260. Do u think i Should add a member and write my name on it and that I'm a u.s citizen or not?

I have a feeling that its going to be disqualified but you never know. Miracles happen. I really want my husband to win this visa because the spouse visa takes very long.

After reading what u said about the interview I'm not even going to think about changing it. Lol. But do u think I have to be there during the interview?

I answered these questions already...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.