mirrortraveler

Safety precautions at Frankfurt Embassy (K-1 Interview)

7 posts in this topic

Hey you guys,

So today I had my pre-interview medical. Everything went well. Yay! :)

On Thursday (two days from now), I have my interview at the Frankfurt embassy. So far so good.

But I'm seeing all of these safety precautions and things people aren't allowed to bring to the interview.

I have about an hour's drive to get there on public transport. I might have to phone my mom when I'm done there and I usually bring at the very least a purse with my wallet, a pen, something to read, my mp3 player (it can get REALLY boring on the train), my cell phone, and a little compact powder case with a mirror.

I know mirrors and cell phones aren't allowed and they might even think the mp3 player is a recording device.

And who knows, the pen might be too pointy...I really don't know. It just seems excessively paranoid.

Does anyone know if there are any other things we're not allowed to bring? And more importantly: Can anyone who has been there remember if they maybe have a place by the door where people can drop off the offending items and pick them up later when they're done?

Thanks so much in advance!

Nina

Timeline

You can't drop off anything electronic at the consulate, only umbrellas and make-up. The things you will be bringing with you (cell phone, mp3 player) are definitely a no-no and your only option is to leave them in a locker at the main train station in Frankfurt. Purse, wallet, book/magazine and pen will be fine.

List of forbidden items: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/frankfurt/9318/consular_pdf/Security%20Notice%20for%20Consular%20Customers%20with%20signs%20-%20German%202012.pdf

Thank you! I really think it's weird for them to be so extremely paranoid. I will have to find a very interesting book to bring. Do they really look at the size of your purse? I have a very large one. I guess I'll bring a smaller one instead.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I was in Frankfurt yesterday and some guy had his cell phone on him. The officer in the front advised him to walk to a certain store down the street, pay a fee there for them to hold it for him and then to come back for his appointment. If he missed the time of his appointment he told him he would have to re-schedule it for another day! I wouldn't bring any electronic to not risk missing my appointment if I was you. I think leaving them in a locker at the train station like StrawberryKiss suggested would be the best idea for you.

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.