thatangela

NOA2 to NVC: Have you been waiting more than a month?

558 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Erg ... I can't edit the original post. However, this is the thread where the discussion originated. I forgot to link it in the above text:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/516361-post-noa2-nvc-stage/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My NOA2 date is october 14.

Emailed nvcresearch november 21

Service request opened november 21

Congresswoman contacted november 24

-no updates-

By the way.. Does your noa2 instruct you to contact your embassy/consulate?

Timeline

My NOA2 date is october 14.

Emailed nvcresearch november 21

Service request opened november 21

Congresswoman contacted november 24

-no updates-

By the way.. Does your noa2 instruct you to contact your embassy/consulate?

Ugh. And might I add, . . Goddamn. Welcome to the club.

My NOA2 says "all further inquiries should be directed to the NVC." And that's a crock of . The email to NVCResearch is rarely helpful. My only suggestion to you is to call and call and call about your service request.

Did you at least receive initial response from your Congress person?

Hows that bottle of wine? I sorry to bother but I cant seem to find a way to start a mew discussion......Can you help me .....I guess Im missing something...Thanks

It was delishush.

Should be a blue button in the upper right corner that says Start New Topic.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Angela,

No response from anyone. Why does my 797 form say "your petition has been approved to the listed consulate, please contact the consulate" it does not mention the NVC at all.. It probably doesn't matter.

So just to clarify...

Nvcresearch responds about 1 month after your inquiry

Uscis takes how long from when you submit a service request?

Filed: Timeline

83 days and counting...

By the grace of the Weather Gods I have the morning off, and will use it to make a decent breakfast, call the NVC, and I will make another attempt to get something from USCIS. I've already enlisted the help from my Congresswoman, but another email to the Ombudsman might be in order (still no reply on the first attempt). Let's see what the morning holds...

Angela,

No response from anyone. Why does my 797 form say "your petition has been approved to the listed consulate, please contact the consulate" it does not mention the NVC at all.. It probably doesn't matter.

So just to clarify...

My 797 notice had the same language

7 weeks today--NOA2 October 22nd.

NVC, NVC research and uscis were contacted at around the 5 week mark. No news.

I have not contacted my congressional people yet. I will be doing that this week.

I'm sorry all of us are going through this #######. You can't even believe what the tier 2 tells you after reading what other people have faced.

add me to this boat. Today is our 8th week NOA2 anniversary.

NVC research was contacted --> No response yet

USCIS service request was raised by a tier 2 --> No response yet

Congresswoman was contacted and a privacy disclosure form was filled --> No news yet

Note: Thank you Angela for this thread! its very informative..

1 June 2015 - MARRIAGE
7 JUNE 2015 - AOS/EAD/AP PACKET SENT VIA NEXT DAY UPS
09 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP --> ROUTED TO NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER (priority date)
10 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP (priority date)
19 JUNE 2015 - BIOMETRIC LETTER RECEIVED
01 JULY 2015 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT (WEDNESDAY)
02 July 2016 - Interview (acceptance) 
10 July 2016 - GC received (conditional)
31 March 2018 - I751 filed (removal of conditions)
10 April 2018 - NOA received for Removing of conditions.

Timeline

Angela,

So just to clarify...

Yes, about a month.

Usually inside of two weeks.

I forgot to mention in the first post (several of you know already but it should still be said):

USCIS will not divulge information to the beneficiary, only to the petitioner. That means, if you're like me - the doer in the relationship but also the foreigner - you have to get your American to initiate and handle contact with CIS.

(Mine is smart but I still needed to coach him a bit on the process, based on things I learned here.)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Howdy, I believe we're in the same boat. I've just done an e-request {https://egov.uscis.gov/e-Request/Intro.do}

I'll be giving them a call in a few minutes as well. I'll be following this thread for sure! Thanks for posting!!!

*** I-797 Notice date: October 24th. (mis)Handled by CSC ****

Edited by connerjason

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Howdy, I believe we're in the same boat. I've just done an e-request {https://egov.uscis.gov/e-Request/Intro.do}

I'll be giving them a call in a few minutes as well. I'll be following this thread for sure! Thanks for posting!!!

*** I-797 Notice date: October 24th. (mis)Handled by CSC ****

Hi,

I just tried to do an e-request and it didn't allow me saying that my case was still within the frame of expected processing time. Mine was approved on October 22nd. What date did you put when you filed?

Here's a question. Is everyone experiencing this issue from CSC?

Edit: & for what it's worth, I think it's horrible that anyone's having to wait this long after NOA2 with absolutely no updates as to what's going on with their petition to NVC!

Edited by Marco&Bettina

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Timeline

Here's a question. Is everyone experiencing this issue from CSC?

Edit: & for what it's worth, I think it's horrible that anyone's having to wait this long after NOA2 with absolutely no updates as to what's going on with their petition to NVC!

Based on VJ.com research, this seems to be a CSC-specific issue and occurs periodically.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.