Sailor Dave

Questions on Fiance' Letter of Intent and which is our service center?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi! I've just joined and started filling out K-1 forms and I've sent by mail to my Russian Fiance the Letter of Intent and Form G-325A, Biographic Information form to be filled and signed. She's using a trained and experienced translator so it will be in perfect English and she will mail back to me with the other info requested :-)

I have a couple questions...

The Fiance' LOI asks .. in red ink... for UCIS ADDRESS OF FILING LOCATION. I've found many locations in the U.S. including one here in Tucson and one in Phoenix. So I use my local office here in Tucson when I've got everything needed? There are all "Service Centers in many cities but I read on the VJ forums only large city names. not the smaller cities... so

It also says in red ink below "address" in Italics... "or when submitting for interview". Do I send both mine and my Fiance's LOI along with the initial Form I-129F or hold them for when she requests the interview in Moscow? Does it matter?

Last question... Can't she use her local doctor or clinic to obtain all the medical information, vaccines, etc.? She thinks she has to get the medical workups in Moscow on the interview trip and stay 4 days !

Thanks to anyone who can help us ! David and Larisa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

It sounds like you're confused about how several important parts of the K-1 process work. You should really use the guides on this website (see the tab at the top of the page) and read through the instructions for filing from USCIS several times.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Put the address you send the I-129F petition to, OR put no addresses at all. They are not a requirement.

These samples work perfectly >

(Date Here)

To Whom It May Concern,

I, (USC petitioner’s name), do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry (foreign fiance(e)’s name), and intend to so within 90 days of (his/her) entrance into the US by way of a K-1 visa.

(Sign Here)

(Print Name Here)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Date Here)

To Whom It May Concern,

I, (foreign fiance(e)’s name), do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry (USC petitioner’s name), and intend to so within 90 days of my entrance into the US by way of a K-1 visa.

(Sign Here)

(Print Name Here)

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi! I've just joined and started filling out K-1 forms and I've sent by mail to my Russian Fiance the Letter of Intent and Form G-325A, Biographic Information form to be filled and signed. She's using a trained and experienced translator so it will be in perfect English and she will mail back to me with the other info requested :-)

Last question... Can't she use her local doctor or clinic to obtain all the medical information, vaccines, etc.? She thinks she has to get the medical workups in Moscow on the interview trip and stay 4 days !

She will have to go to a US appointed panel physician. Make sure that you use the K1 guide as it is very very helpful

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

You can send the LoI to either the Lewisville Lockbox address, or just to the

attention of the USCIS, or (even) to the Embassy's address. Personally, I

set it to:

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121

Business Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

and that worked fine.

SEP-1994 First met! 12-16-14 POE PHILADELPHIA

05-25-14 Engaged (what took us so looooong!!!?) 12-19-14 MARRIAGE (SIMPLE)

06-19-14 I-129F packet sent to Lewisville Lockbox (USPS overnight) 01-05-15 I-485 (AOS/EAD/AP) package mailed out

06-20-14 USPS messed up, and had to re-route! 01-12-15 NOA text/email received for AOS/EAD/AP

06-23-14 I-129F packet received at Lockbox 02-03-15 Biometrics (Indianapolis)

06-23-14 NOA1 Notice Date (routed to CSC, yay!) 04-07-15 EAD and AP approved, card ordered

06-25-14 NOA1 text/email received 04-14-15 EAD/AP Combo Card received by certified mail.

06-26-14 Check Cashed 06-15-15 Received letter about interview waiver. 6mo to go!

06-27-14 Alien Registration Number changed 08-06-15 Welcome Notice mailed, permanent status registered.

06-30-14 NOA1 hardcopy received 08-14-15 Green Card mailed to me.

09-24-14 NOA2 text/email received *APPROVED* 08-18-15 Green Card (which is green!) in hand!!

09-28-14 NOA2 hardcopy received

10-15-14 NVC received 05-17-17 Time to start ROC !

10-16-14 NVC case number assigned

10-21-14 NVC left (to Amsterdam Consulate)

10-23-14 Consulate Received

10-25-14 PACKET-3 Received (regular mail)

10-25-14 Online DS-160 submitted **** I am the Beneficiary (Fred) ****

10-27-14 Sent reply to Consulate (arrives 10-28)

10-29-14 Touched *** If you have questions about the K-1 journey coming

11-01-14 PACKET-4 Received (regular mail) *** from The Netherlands, send me a message !

11-26-14 MEDICAL *PASSED*

12-04-14 INTERVIEW *APPROVED*

12-06-14 Touched (Administrative Processing)

12-08-14 Touched (Ready)

12-09-14 Touched (Issued)

12-10-14 Received email that package was sent off

12-11-14 VISA IN HAND

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

You can send the LoI to either the Lewisville Lockbox address, or just to the

attention of the USCIS, or (even) to the Embassy's address. Personally, I

set it to:

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121

Business Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

and that worked fine.

I assume that by "send the LoI" you mean use that address as part of the letter heading, but I'll clarify just in case: you must include both letters of intent with the I-129F and all other petition materials when you send them to the Lewisville address. Not including them at that point will cause unnecessary delays in your case.

Timeline

Dave,

We are suppose too have the interview this week so I am a little ahead of you. To answer your question about medical. She can get a list of approved Doctors in Moscow from the Embassy web site. You HAVE too use these Doctors and clinics. This is too cut down on the fraud as you should know by now it is still alive and well in Russia. If she gets her appointment at 8:00 in the morning they will have the results for her too pickup by 4:00 in the afternoon. The clinic my girl went to was the one close too the Kremlin. It is used by the Putin gang as is top notch facility. She can go anytime to get her medical done, even now. What I mean she doesn't have to wait to get a paper telling her to go. If she doesn't have a shot record too prove she has gotten certain shots then it doesn't have too be done in Russia for a K-1 visa but when she adjusts her status she will have to get them then. If you need any other questions answered, contact me and Good Luck. Oh you are doing it at the right time as things move very quickly now.......Paul

Timeline

It sounds like you're confused about how several important parts of the K-1 process work. You should really use the guides on this website (see the tab at the top of the page) and read through the instructions for filing from USCIS several times.

Yes.. You're right I was a little confused. I needed more specific info even the guide. I just didn't want to make any errors and cause a long delay and disappointment for my fiance. This forum fills those needs ;-))

Timeline

Dave,

We are suppose too have the interview this week so I am a little ahead of you. To answer your question about medical. She can get a list of approved Doctors in Moscow from the Embassy web site. You HAVE too use these Doctors and clinics. This is too cut down on the fraud as you should know by now it is still alive and well in Russia. If she gets her appointment at 8:00 in the morning they will have the results for her too pickup by 4:00 in the afternoon. The clinic my girl went to was the one close too the Kremlin. It is used by the Putin gang as is top notch facility. She can go anytime to get her medical done, even now. What I mean she doesn't have to wait to get a paper telling her to go. If she doesn't have a shot record too prove she has gotten certain shots then it doesn't have too be done in Russia for a K-1 visa but when she adjusts her status she will have to get them then. If you need any other questions answered, contact me and Good Luck. Oh you are doing it at the right time as things move very quickly now.......Paul

Ahhhh ! Now there is real clarity on the medical :-) Yes, an 8 am appt would be best. Guess it's most efficient to have them done in Moscow and be done with. I'll have to send her $ by way of Western Union, I'm told. What do these med exams and shots cost?... I have no idea.

I'm copying a whole bunch of our emails and of photos when we met in Aug/Sept as evidence of our ongoing romance ;-) We've Skyped so many times the past year.

Thank you Paul... as you know... I really appreciate the help. I don't plan on doing this again ! ha ha .... David

Timeline

I assume that by "send the LoI" you mean use that address as part of the letter heading, but I'll clarify just in case: you must include both letters of intent with the I-129F and all other petition materials when you send them to the Lewisville address. Not including them at that point will cause unnecessary delays in your case.

Yes, Elizabeth & Fred.... That's the express delivery address I nneded. That's what I'm planning to use. Now I found it on the official website. Thank you very much :-) ... David

Timeline

Dave ,

Medical is around $175 and I don't remember what shots were so I sent $250 and that took care of everything. She only needed three shots....Paul

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The red or at interview part is for when u send ur updated letter of intent to her to take to the interview. So delete that out for this first go round.

Yes U send one letter of intent from her and one from you. Just like the guide says one from each petitioner & beneficiary. Make sure the wording read correctly you do have to adjust things like my/her him/my etc. she doesn't need an English translator to type it. U can type it up send it to her to sign.

Best of Luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

The Fiance' LOI asks .. in red ink... for UCIS ADDRESS OF FILING LOCATION. I've found many locations in the U.S. including one here in Tucson and one in Phoenix. So I use my local office here in Tucson when I've got everything needed? There are all "Service Centers in many cities but I read on the VJ forums only large city names. not the smaller cities... so

Use the Dallas Lockbox address.

It also says in red ink below "address" in Italics... "or when submitting for interview". Do I send both mine and my Fiance's LOI along with the initial Form I-129F or hold them for when she requests the interview in Moscow? Does it matter?

Use the Moscow US Embassy address. Yes these second sets of Letters of Intent are for the interview and she will bring them. Must have your original signature.

Last question... Can't she use her local doctor or clinic to obtain all the medical information, vaccines, etc.?

Nope, must go to the facility the Embassy dictates.

She thinks she has to get the medical workups in Moscow on the interview trip and stay 4 days !

Some folks must do that.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

The red or at interview part is for when u send ur updated letter of intent to her to take to the interview. So delete that out for this first go round.

Yes U send one letter of intent from her and one from you. Just like the guide says one from each petitioner & beneficiary. Make sure the wording read correctly you do have to adjust things like my/her him/my etc. she doesn't need an English translator to type it. U can type it up send it to her to sign.

Best of Luck!

Thank you !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.