22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everybody,

I posted sometime ago on another sub forum on VJ about what I'm going through in my marriage of just 6 months but I guess this is the right place to post for others who made comments last time I will repost at adjustment of status page too.

I want to thank you guys that contributed very positive ways to get me ROC because it has been a long journey for me time and money wise and also the 6 months of my married life has been the most miserable months of my life.

An incident happened again a week a go last week Monday to be precise. I was to start my second job that week.

Got home from the first job after 9 hours hungry and about to take my bath. When she ask me why I didn't do what she ask me to do. I don't want to go into details because I bore people here with my domestic issues. I told her I already let her know I won't do it as it is against my religious ethics.

So she started lashing out and saying very mean things as usual. You are leaving this house tonight etc so I responded to her with just a few words of truth and she jump on me on my way to the bath room. She was eating on top of her bed and the road to the bath room is right by the bed. So I use my other hand to push her hands from my face gently enough not to hurt her. She started punching me in my chest and her fingers where a scratching my face. To cut the long story short she called her daughter to call the cops which she later did herself and I went downstairs still in my boxers and vest quickly look for anything to eat cos I haven't eaten all day she order food for herself and daughter that night.

I was about eating when the cops came. I said a short heart felt prayer before the cops came. I said Father only you knew I'm innocent of this charge. Pls let your Will be done here tonight.

The cops came and met me downstairs in the kitchen good still in micro wave. Hands on their gun in the holster because she told the 911 operator I was choking her while she was eating that I am very dangerous. Three cops were dispatch to our house and the street were full of 3 police cars with lights everywhere.

They listen to our stories and they both went up stairs to check the crime scene and found out that the plate if food and the spoon where still in tact in a carefully made bed with pillows carefully arranged and a glass of wine by the bed side.

They look at her body there was no single mark on her and she is very light skin. I'm a dark skin person and they look at my face and saw her finger marks all over my face.

She was telling the cops that I'm from africa that's how we beat women. That I use her to sweep her room and turn the place upside down. She even called her 13 yr old daughter to come and confirm the story even though she was not there during the scuffle and the little girl was confused as she was not too convincing lying like her mom. I was just watching in awe is this the woman I married. What happened that she change so fast and the lies want to make me puke.

Well she was put under arrest and was hand cuffed and taken away. They put a restraining order on her for 3 days and asked if I want it extended for 15 days I said know.

I even told them to let her go cos I don't want to press charges but they said is not for me to say that is the state vs my wife.

I did a study on the internet and found out that my wife is sociopathic. The 17 traits or characters of a sociopath she happened to have all. The best thing for both of us or for in particular is to leave the union.

So my question now is: Can I file VAWA while ROC? I have her as a joint owner in my car registration, I have as a co driver in my insurance and also as a joint account holder. She has refused to allow me make changes to the utility bills even though I will be the one to start paying them from this week or put me in her health insurance.

The few things I have her name on are they okay to file for ROC?

Please your knowledgeable experience in this field will be very much appreciated.

Those without deep experience are welcome also to comment.

Thank you very much for your time and contributions.

Remain Blessed All.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

sounds like you have a psycho one on your hands and I would say run while you can. Her object is to get you deported and any gesture of a crime could get you just that. She is not worth it, run! She will either win in having you deported or, who knows what else she is capable of...won't stop until you are dead. run now! find out what safe places you can go to. don't hang around and deal with her #######. she is crazy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Duplicate thread has been removed from the ROC forum; this thread is moved from the main AOS/Family-Based forum to the Effects of Major Changes forum, where similar matters are often discussed.

Please post ONCE on a topic.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

@E-N, I know she is crazy and most people find it difficult to believe but that is how sociopaths operate. They are very charming on the outside. Back in their closet they unleash terror on their victim who by the way refuse to go along with their plans. I'm just hanging around to get my Conditional GReen CArd before moving on.

@T-Bone, where did you move the topic to? Please I didn't know I'm not suppose to post same topic in two different sub group. Sorry about that. Is this one visible? Because I do need to hear from people. I need advice on how to move ahead. Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My post got deleted. I had asked you what Visa did you arrive on because you have K1 on your profile? Are you Removing conditions or Adjusting Status?

So you already filed your Adjustment of status than? You say you are waiting for your green card? What is the status of your case. That will help us advise you. Because you are talking two different things here.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

:time: This will help people to advise you.

The police report and her arrest would help you substantiate a VAWA claim. VAWA would only be needed to get a green card if you had not gotten one yet. ROC doesn't need VAWA, you can remove conditions even if divorced. But you can ROC based abuse, where it can help explain the lack of commingling of finances.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

I came in with a K-1 visa. My conditional green card interview was waive but I had not receive the card in the mail. I only got a letter from USCIS that I have an interview waiver.

I know I am going to get the 2 years conditional green card but I am asking how do ROC when the time comes. Then I mentioned if VAWA will come in handy or if the commingling proof that I have right is enough.

Thank you.

Timeline

I came in with a K-1 visa. My conditional green card interview was waive but I had not receive the card in the mail. I only got a letter from USCIS that I have an interview waiver.

I know I am going to get the 2 years conditional green card but I am asking how do ROC when the time comes. Then I mentioned if VAWA will come in handy or if the commingling proof that I have right is enough.

Thank you.

Okay got ya. Get your green card and get on with your wife. Don't allow her to threaten you or say you will be deported because she can;t do that. Yes you can file with a divorce waiver your removal of conditions when you divorce if its before the time of ROC. You should not need VAWA but be sure to document all that has been happening so you can have all that in your documents when you do file with or without divorce waiver.

You would be well advised to consult with a immigration attorney that deals with divorces to you know all your options. All the best to you.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Sorry that's get on with your LIFE. Sorry

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

I would get away from her before she makes up a better history where you can get arrested or even hurts herself saying it was you ( since this time it didn't work for her )

You don't need her for ROC you can file by your own if you get divorce.

Document everything is happening now... Police records.... and just run away contact uscis so they send letters to your new address and start a new life, sorry this is happening!

Edited by IRIScv

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

Timeline

IRIScv, thank you for your response. The reason while im still here is because of the conditional green card so that it doesn't falls into her hand. If I leave now can I tell USCIS to send anyail to my new address including my conditional green card cos I thought about what unsaid that she might want to set me up cos she loves revenge. She is still very angry inside her. She wants me to give her my salaries from the two jobs am doing even when I offer to use one of the jobs money to pay the utility bills in the house part time job of 25 hours she said no. I have been working 7 days non stop and I don't even have health insurance she don't care if I break down. I borrowed money to pay for tags and get insurance for the car she totally feign indifference when I ask her to add me to her insurance but she wants money from the jobs but don't care how I take care of the car.

I will find out if I can leave now and send USCIS an address for me conditional green card. I don't want them to demand for an interview if I contact them for change of address cos she won't come with me ever.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Run, run, run! This woman is a psyco, and you will be fine, BUT you must stay away from her, she is dangerous, and she will eventually ""set you up"" and get you in trouble.

Get your 2 year GC, and wait, about 2 years, less 90 days, and file for ROC.,.,....,you seem like a good man!

Pity, on such a wonderful holiday! Our prayers are with you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.