sogreeny

interim Ead card after 90 days and i-864 asset foreign immigrant

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

hello,

1- when we are married with us citizen and we don't received ead card after 90 day, what is the option???

i have hear about interim ead card, it is possible? even if we are in RFE pending.

also if we have RFE after biometric, do they give ead card even RFE is pending?

2- can we add foreign asset and ownership from intendant immigrant, spouse of us citizen, i would like to know if someone have do this and it was fine, they accept?

Thank you for your answers.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Your timeline is empty. :time: It helps everyone that uses or is helped by the forum.

What type of visa are you adjusting from?

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you receive an RFE, then the processing of your EAD can also be put on hold until the response to the RFE is accepted.

It is up to the adjudicator as to whether or not to accept the assets. They can be listed on your I-864, as assets of the intending immigrant can be used without need of an I-864A. There is no guarantee of acceptance though. All you can do is list the assets and provide proof of ownership and value. They must be able to easily be liquified and most likely the value would need to be enough in USD, not the foreign currency. I would provide proof of ownership and value in English(provide translation if needed), and also provide a statement with the foreign assets value when converted to USD.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Thank you,

i am married us citizen, and i send all documentation, it is i-864, they ask more like i said.

Yes i did do translation french to english everything, add proof of owenership, add yes convert euro to dollars, we have send all recently.

Now my statu is response request of evidence this morning and no more news about Ead card or interview. Idid only my fingerprint the end of october 2014.

I have file my adjustement of status in the beginning of august, it is more than 3 month.

I hope they accept.

And yes if they don't accept, what's happen, they separate the couple that they live together?? do they send to judge and we have to explain the case??? i don't know so far it's can go?

thanks for reply

Edited by sogreeny

Timeline

Did you receive an RFE for the I-864? Did your reply to the RFE include the proof of assets for the foreign spouse?

I hope they accept it too. If not, they can either send another RFE, or send a denial. If they send another RFE, then you need to provide a joint sponsor that qualifies so your I-864 can be accepted. If they send a denial, then you will need to re-file everything, pay again, and this time provide a qualifying joint sponsor.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

it is clear what they want, it is said in the request of evidence.

if they accept good.

IF they denied, i don't refile because we don't have joint sponsor, this is the only option: the assets. So if i refile i pay again for have the same problem. No way. it is stupid.

and the asset i have count it is enough and convertissable into cash before 12 month so i don't understand if they denied, they have to expplain why, and also i have the proof of the documents and instruction i-864 what it is said, so i really don't understand.

oh i am the foreign spouse from France and my husband he is the us citizen.

sorry for my english not perfect.

i don't know, just hope acceptance.

Timeline

If you should happen to get denied and cannot find a joint sponsor, then your husband needs to get a second job just so he meets the requirement. You could also transfer your assets to a joint bank account in the US where they might be more acceptable. If you cannot become a permanent resident, you will be living here illegally and cannot work or do anything really, or you would need to return to France. Your USC husband needs to find the income or a joint sponsor to help you.

Let us just hope they accept the foreign assets as enough so you do not have to worry about all of that.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi KayDeeCee,

Thank you once again for the information above.

sogreeny, did you already got your EAD? I am still waiting on that. I had a RFE as well which they received on the second of December'14. I got a few job offer but I am not able to accept due to all of this.

09/30/2014 - Point of Entry 'Vancouver International Airport'

10/09/2014 - Married

10/18/2014 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

10/23/2014 - 3x NOA1 text/emails received

11/18/2014 - Case Suspended (RFE is on its way :()

11/25/2014 - Biometrics

12/02/2014 - Response on initial request for evidence was received (case status should be updated before 01/31/2015)

01/27/2015 - EAD/AP card in production and should be mailed to given address.

01/31/2015 - Received EAD/AP Combo card by mail :D

02/18/2015 - Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case :ranting:

06/22/2015 - Received Welcome Letter & AOS approved :goofy:

Timeline

Hello,

yes i have receive my EAD finally one week before my interview, it is means middle week of 7 january 2015.

I was so surprise because i was waiting my interview 20 january and i have think i will never have EAD card.

and my EAD card start in 24 november 2014, so bizzar and i received only after 7 january.

if you have send your RFE and they accept it is will be ok, they send just very late.

I file AOS in august 2014 and EAD january, 5 month.

For information, they have finally accept my foreign asset, but in the interview she tell me i think you need co sponsor so it was a little trouble .... i explein her that it is writting in the instructions that the intendant immigrant can put his asset. and she see again, it was stress again and she say it is not enough... but i told her i put my ownership in Franc and she say ok i will see later.... but she make us worry and we have did n't know if it s will be approved.

So the tomorrow morning 21 january i see finally that it is approved in my statut online.

Situation was stress in the beginning to the end.

i hope you will receive very soon your EAD, i was exactly like you don't stop waiting , but it will be fine, they can't let you like this.

Have a good day.

Timeline

Thank you for your reply sogreeny. That's just what I needed, I feel so down thanks to USCIS. My wife is working her ### of while I am with my hands tight because I can't get a dl or accept a job while she does meet the income requirement along with our joint savings (day 92 after AOS). My wife and I are already together for more than six years. We lived in the Netherlands over the last 2.5 years so it took some time for her to find a job and to get a stable income when coming back but we have enough joint assets to cover the difference (of 100 USD) but even over last year she made already 19,5 K whereas she got even a raise in July'14 and was promoted to a full time position. Hopefully they accept your foreign assets. Do you already have a job? Maybe that can make the difference if you can show them that you have already a stable income. Hang in there, you guys deserve to get good news after all that unnecessary waiting!

10/09/2014 - Married

11/25/2014 - Biometrics

12/02/2014 - Response on initial request for evidence was received (case status should be updated before 01/31/2015)

Timeline

By the way, illegal immigrants can already obtain there DL whereas legal immigrant can't (here in Long Beach) since it will confuse homeland security. Je vous souhaite la bienvenue aux Etats Units LOL.

10/09/2014 - Married

11/25/2014 - Biometrics

Timeline

By the way, illegal immigrants can already obtain there DL whereas legal immigrant can't (here in Long Beach) since it will confuse homeland security. Je vous souhaite la bienvenue aux Etats Units LOL.

There = Their

exusez-moi

10/09/2014 - Married

11/25/2014 - Biometrics

Timeline

hello,

Merci. you speak good French.

No i don't have a job, i just have my EAD like i said recently and i have to also do my driver licence.

I am approved since 21 january after my trouble interview on 20 january.

yes my husband he is self employee and because a lot of deduction in tax he doesn't meet the minimum required for immigration, so i have add my foreign account and ownership in France for they accept.

i had a lot of doubt because i was not sur they accept but finally yes.

Be patient, it is will be fine if your wife have the minimum income required, this is what they want.

So recently my status is " welcome notice mailed", i don't know if the conditionel green card come in the same time or after.

Now i have to do security social number, i am still have to find job because i need work too.

between response review RFE and EAD card mailed it have take average 50 day.

good evening.

Edited by sogreeny

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.