Flaxen

Looking for contacts near Albany Oregon

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi

I've been living here in rural Albany for nearly 18 months. Making friends is hard. Lots of people are really friendly. I've invited people over for dinner and to meet for lunch... but no one seems interested in anything more. Am missing girl friends terribly. I'll put an ad in the paper soon!

Seriously... I have a great job (cant make friends at work as I'm the supervisor) and a wonderful husband.....

Lonely... and sad.. dont want this to become anything else.

Anyone in the wider area that would like a 53 year old friend out there? I garden, sew, love to hike....

event.png

event.png

Nothing has a stronger influence psychologically on their environment and especially on their children than the unlived life of the parent. - Carl Jung

Timeline

I am and have.. but thank you :-)

event.png

event.png

Nothing has a stronger influence psychologically on their environment and especially on their children than the unlived life of the parent. - Carl Jung

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am and have.. but thank you :-)

Aaaand this is my big beef with the United States. Making friends is hard.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

My wife and I just arrived at my parents' place outside Monmouth, OR, but probably still too far away. We don't have our own car, and haven't been making it out of town much so far. But if you'd still like to have a contact in the wider area, feel free to message me and we can connect on Facebook or something. I like hiking (and especially birdwatching), my mom does gardening, and my wife (from Taiwan) is just generally an amazingly bright and cheerful person.

Removal of Conditions:

2016-09-27: I-751 removal of conditions petition sent (with fee waiver request)

2016-09-30: I-751 petition delivered to California Service Center

2016-11-01: Informed in USCIS customer service call that they had no record of receiving our petition, but that it might still be languishing somewhere in fee waiver limbo

2016-11-01: Filed I-751 again, this time with payment check instead of fee waiver request (sent Priority Express)

2016-11-03: Date on I-797 Notice of Action (received 11/7)

2016-11-09: USCIS mailed out denial of our original fee waiver request, with denial letter dated 2016-11-02

2016-11-19: Biometrics appointment notice issued, for 2016-12-07 appointment

2016-11-26: Second biometrics appointment notice issue, for 2016-12-16 appointment (see this thread)

2016-12-07: Biometrics appointment. Allowed to complete biometrics despite mix-up on their end (again see this thread), but some people had to come back for second appointment date.

2018-05-01: Notice that our case was transferred to National Benefits Center in Lee's Summit, MO

2018-06-11: Approved after N-400 interview in Portland, OR (they seemed to be waiting for that before bothering with it)

Citizenship:

2017-12-11: N-400 Application for Naturalization submitted online while still waiting to hear back on I-751, received same day

2017-12-15: Biometrics notice

2018-01-04: Biometrics completed, on appointment date (Portland, OR)

2018-02-28: Interview scheduled for April 12 in Portland, OR

2018-03-01 (approximate): We sent in a letter requesting that the interview be rescheduled to after June 8, due to combination of work and family travel plans

2018-03-07: Notice that our April 12 interviewed had been "canceled" (pending rescheduling, but the letter didn't actually say that; officer at InfoPass later explained that interviews aren't scheduled until five or six weeks before the interview date, so they were waiting until closer to our requested rescheduling window)

2018-05-03: New interview scheduled for June 11.

2018-06-11: Citizenship interview - approved!

Timeline

Monmouth is not too far away :-)

Great.. I'll figure out how to message you.

F

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.