jafreitas

Waiting for IV invoice!!

43 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

On Nov. 3, filed out DS-261 Choice of Agent.. I have already paid AOS fee bill and I have sent in I-864 AOS packet.. But my IV invoice says ´pay now´ although when i click on the link there is a $0.00 balance, I called the NVC wednesday to see what the deal was, the lady said I should recive an email within, but still nothing... Does anyone know why it is taking so long to process IV invoice? has this happened to anyone?? what should i do?

- NVC also told me to already send in IV civil doc. packet with case barcode sheet (even though IV fee hasn´t been paid.).. so i did ASAP.

This entire process really test one´s patients.. Since my case has arrived at the NVC I have been refreshing my email and CEAC page for any newss!!

Thanks.

-jenn.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi there. I'm still waiting for my IV fee to be available. It says "pay now" but like you said it shows the $0 amount.

I have paid AOS fee on Nov 4th. Haven't sent out both of our package yet because that's what it says on their website now...

So I called in last week about the IV fee. The lady told me that it was because DS-261 hasn't been generated and she needed to speak the Petitioner (my agent) to proceed it, which didn't make sense to me at all.. Well but fortunately, I was visiting my husband at that time and we were together so I gave the phone to him and she spoke with her. She told him to wait about 5 - 7 business days to receive an email. It has been 6 business days. I still haven't got any email. I think they are just backlogged with every steps.... But I'm here pretty much on the same boat as you are.

I called in again today. The rep told me to wait till the end of this week to receive the fee. I asked her if we still have to wait for the fee to be paid to send out our package, then she said NO. I don't have to wait till the fee to be paid to send out the package.... So confusing. I'm still deciding where I should send them out without IV coversheet or not...

But yea, just to make your feel better, I'm here still waiting for it like you are. Hope to receive the email soon..

Timeline

Hi there. I'm still waiting for my IV fee to be available. It says "pay now" but like you said it shows the $0 amount.

I have paid AOS fee on Nov 4th. Haven't sent out both of our package yet because that's what it says on their website now...

So I called in last week about the IV fee. The lady told me that it was because DS-261 hasn't been generated and she needed to speak the Petitioner (my agent) to proceed it, which didn't make sense to me at all.. Well but fortunately, I was visiting my husband at that time and we were together so I gave the phone to him and she spoke with her. She told him to wait about 5 - 7 business days to receive an email. It has been 6 business days. I still haven't got any email. I think they are just backlogged with every steps.... But I'm here pretty much on the same boat as you are.

I called in again today. The rep told me to wait till the end of this week to receive the fee. I asked her if we still have to wait for the fee to be paid to send out our package, then she said NO. I don't have to wait till the fee to be paid to send out the package.... So confusing. I'm still deciding where I should send them out without IV coversheet or not...

But yea, just to make your feel better, I'm here still waiting for it like you are. Hope to receive the email soon..

I´d say its safe to go ahead and send your IV packet, although you should use the bar-code cover sheet from the NVC welcome packet, that is a document checklist.. Well that´s what I did atleast, a lady from NVC said I was okay to do so.. I hope we find something out soon..

use your bar-code cover sheet. like this..

post-189130-0-02979100-1416915656_thumb.png

I´d say its safe to go ahead and send your IV packet, although you should use the bar-code cover sheet from the NVC welcome packet, that is a document checklist.. Well that´s what I did atleast, a lady from NVC said I was okay to do so.. I hope we find something out soon..

Hi Jafrietas did you get the barcodes coversheet via email or when you paid AOS?

Also if you got it via email how long did it take from when NVC received your case?

Timeline

Hi Jafrietas did you get the barcodes coversheet via email or when you paid AOS?

Also if you got it via email how long did it take from when NVC received your case?

** my case arrived At the NVC oct. 14th. On oct. 31st my husband (beneficiary) received the welcome letter via email, which includes the NVC case # and IID # and a document cover sheet.. Nov. 4 I received the same email, my email had the AOS fee invoice included. After paying the AOS fee there is another bar-coded that is generated on the CEAC.

When I sent in the 1-864 AOS packet I included both bar-code cover sheets.. But I sent in the IV packe with just the one from NVC welcome email since I still haven't been invoiced the IV fee bill...

I think NVC doesn't send out physical mail.. At least I have only heard of then sending emails.. ( don't count me on that thought, not positive)..

** my case arrived At the NVC oct. 14th. On oct. 31st my husband (beneficiary) received the welcome letter via email, which includes the NVC case # and IID # and a document cover sheet.. Nov. 4 I received the same email, my email had the AOS fee invoice included. After paying the AOS fee there is another bar-coded that is generated on the CEAC.

When I sent in the 1-864 AOS packet I included both bar-code cover sheets.. But I sent in the IV packe with just the one from NVC welcome email since I still haven't been invoiced the IV fee bill...

I think NVC doesn't send out physical mail.. At least I have only heard of then sending emails.. ( don't count me on that thought, not positive)..

Thank you Jafrietas your information is so helpful. All the best.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

On Nov. 3, filed out DS-261 Choice of Agent.. I have already paid AOS fee bill and I have sent in I-864 AOS packet.. But my IV invoice says ´pay now´ although when i click on the link there is a $0.00 balance, I called the NVC wednesday to see what the deal was, the lady said I should recive an email within, but still nothing... Does anyone know why it is taking so long to process IV invoice? has this happened to anyone?? what should i do?

- NVC also told me to already send in IV civil doc. packet with case barcode sheet (even though IV fee hasn´t been paid.).. so i did ASAP.

This entire process really test one´s patients.. Since my case has arrived at the NVC I have been refreshing my email and CEAC page for any newss!!

Thanks.

-jenn.

I assigned agent on Nov 7 and AOS Fee Paid Nov 8. On Nov 19 i called NVC and they told me DS261 is not reviewed but as you have called now its gonna reviewed now (otherwise it was going to take 30 days) and you will get IV invoice emails after 2 business days. I got no email and today i again called and they said your ds261 reviewed on Nov 20 and you will get IV Invoice email between Nov 28 to first week of Dec as NVC is backlogged.

Also am i the only one who think that after Agent Assigned, AOS and IV fee payment you have to send all documents in one packet as written on following link http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html

???

Why people are sending Support Document early and then IV documents???

-----------USCIS--------------------

Dec 4, 2013: NOA1 I-130 Priority Date
Mar 5, 2014: NOA1 I-129f Priority Date
3 Service Requests, Lots of phone calls to tier 1 and tier 2, Info Pass, Congress Man, Emails to Nebraska and lots of frustration
Sep 10, 2014: NOA2 I-130 (After 9 months and 1 week)
Sep 11, 2014: NOA2 I-129f (After 6 months and 1 week)
Sep 26, 2014: I-130 Shipped to NVC
Oct 01, 2014: I-129f Shipped to NVC
------------NVC--------------------
Oct 08, 2014: I-130 Received at NVC
Oct 20, 2014: I-129f Received at NVC
Oct 20, 2014: Case # Assigned I-129f

Oct 28, 2014: Case # Assigned I-130
Oct 24, 2014: I-129f Case Sent to Islamabad Embassy

Oct 28, 2014: NVC Welcome Letter I-130 (via email)

Nov 08, 2014: Selected Agent
Nov 08, 2014: AOS Fee Paid Online ($120)

Dec 03, 2014: IV Invoice Email (AIVF FOR NEOPOST DS-1200)

Dec 08, 2014: IV Fee Paid Online ($325)

Dec 29, 2014: IV/AOS Packet received by NVC (FedEx confirmation)

--------Islamabad Embassy------------

Oct 28, 2014: Packet 3.5 (K3) Received (via email)

Nov 13, 2014: Documents Requested in Packet 3.5 (K3) Sent to ISLAMABAD Embassy

Dec 10, 2014: Got interview letter

Jan 06, 2015: Interview (Visa Approved)

Jan 08, 2015: Visa Issued (Online Status)

Jan 15, 2015: Paspport in hand via American Express

Timeline

I assigned agent on Nov 7 and AOS Fee Paid Nov 8. On Nov 19 i called NVC and they told me DS261 is not reviewed but as you have called now its gonna reviewed now (otherwise it was going to take 30 days) and you will get IV invoice emails after 2 business days. I got no email and today i again called and they said your ds261 reviewed on Nov 20 and you will get IV Invoice email between Nov 28 to first week of Dec as NVC is backlogged.

Also am i the only one who think that after Agent Assigned, AOS and IV fee payment you have to send all documents in one packet as written on following link http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html

???

I don´t think it matters if you send the packets together or seperate.. I am sure the only problem is if you send them seperatly it can delay the case.. lets say you send in IV packet after the AOS, NVC may start counting the 60 day review after they recieve the last packet of documents...

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey everyone

I'm in the same boat. paid the AOS fee 10/25, it cleared 10/28 and i've been calling and calling, they keep saying wait a few more days.

I wonder if this is some kind of ploy for them to get caught up with their backlog and make us newbies wait.

God willing they'll speed up.

I'm thinking to send my packet now without the IV cover sheet. I've been hearing that original documents are no longer needed, but I haven't been able to find that in writing on the NVC site. It still says to submit 'original or certified copy'. Does anybody have the link to the new NVC process on the NVC site?

~ Sofi

~Sofi~

Bismillah

4/11/17: Mailed I-751

4/13/17: Package Arrived, NOA1 dated

4/27/17: Check Cashed

4/29/17: NOA Received

5/6/17:   Bio-metrics Letter Received

5/19/17: Bio-metrics Apointment

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

~Sofi~

Bismillah

4/11/17: Mailed I-751

4/13/17: Package Arrived, NOA1 dated

4/27/17: Check Cashed

4/29/17: NOA Received

5/6/17:   Bio-metrics Letter Received

5/19/17: Bio-metrics Apointment

Timeline

Hi everyone!

This is a general response to anyone confused about the paperwork.

The NVC received our case mid-July and we weren't able to pay our IV bill until the second week of September. I have no idea why, but it just took that long.

I've been told that you can send in the AOS documents and the supporting documents for the DS-260 at the same time, even if you haven't paid the IV bill yet. Just make sure you have a separate cover letter for each. It think someone in this topic posted a possible cover sheet.

Good luck and don't be afraid to call the NVC and ask a million questions!

Timeline

Yea, I think I would like to do that.. But I need to talk to my husband about that.. He thinks it's safe to wait. He's really busy with his work everyday that doesn't have any time to research things like I do... I'm gonna have to really give him a good reason to send them out without any problems. But either way, I think that I have to wait until this weekend for him to send out the package since mailing service offices closes before he gets off workkkk. So I'll see if I get my IV fee available by the end of this week.

Thank you for the advise though!!

Timeline

???

I know exactly how you feel. That's what I thought and what it says there too. But I was told by a rep that I don't have to wait till the IV fee to be paid. And some others did. At the same time, from FB(I-130 group page), someone talked to SV at NVC about it and was told that it WILL DELAY your case if you don't wait for IV fee to be paid to send out your package. So many different opinions about it even reps at NVC. But there are so many of those who already sent out their package before the IV fee payment and got accepted without any problems as well. My husband suggests me to wait because that's what it says on their website. But if there is any shortcut, I would like to really take that. Because I'm here in Japan waiting for this whole journey to finish asap to finally live with my husband, I just don't want to waste any time. I'm pretty sure all of you feel the same way.

Hi everyone, I too am waiting on the IV Bill to be invoiced and am being told when I call it will be in the next few days. They did tell me to send in all my paperwork, so I did today. Stevana, send it in, you won't have any problems, I've been told the same by 2 NVC reps now.

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-22
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-02
I-130 NOA2: 2014-09-20 :dancing:
NVC Received: 2014-10-08
Case Number and IIN Assigned: 2014-10-30
Received AOS Bill: 2014-10-30
Pay AOS Bill: 2014-10-30
Submit DS-261: 2014-10-29
Submit AOS & IV Documents: 2014-11-26 -- 60 day countdown is on!
DS-261 Reviewed: 2014-11-19 (called NVC)
Received IV Bill: 2014-12-05
Pay IV Bill: 2014-12-05
Submit DS-260: 2014-12-07
Case Complete: :clock:
Interview:
Move to Chicago: 2015-01-24 - Hopefully not without my beneficiary husband!!
rn63b28ts.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.