noche

thinking to move before filing aos

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Albania
Timeline

Hi , me and my wife got married withing the 90 days , and i already have my ssn card, and we have not filed aos yet , we can t afford it right now and the place we live at , really hard to get my wife a job. we been lookin for a job for her it s been 4 months, nobody is hiring . would it be a problem if we move from nebraska to another state, we have people who are willing to help us there with finding her a job and finding us a house , and they gonna help us in the beggining with the rent and stuff,it s in the east coast and we think things would be better not so hard.Please tell us what do u guys think? is it a problem if we move from here and file aos there , after we save some money while my wife works/. thanks a lot

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Nebraska has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the USA right now. Is she applying for anything and everything that she's qualified for? Sometimes we need to take a pay cut or step down to survive.

You can file the AOS after the 90 day period keeping in mind that you will be out of status until you do so, plus add to that the fact that you can't work until you have an EAD. Also you should be prepared to have a joint sponsor as a backup when your wife starts working again even if her income will be over the minimum. They usually expect at least 6 months of steady income. There is nothing wrong with you guys moving, but like suggested she should have the job secured first. Good luck.

Edited by Ian H.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi , me and my wife got married withing the 90 days , and i already have my ssn card, and we have not filed aos yet , we can t afford it right now and the place we live at , really hard to get my wife a job. we been lookin for a job for her it s been 4 months, nobody is hiring . would it be a problem if we move from nebraska to another state, we have people who are willing to help us there with finding her a job and finding us a house , and they gonna help us in the beggining with the rent and stuff,it s in the east coast and we think things would be better not so hard.Please tell us what do u guys think? is it a problem if we move from here and file aos there , after we save some money while my wife works/. thanks a lot

Your moving has nothing to do with anything. The AOS is a Right to Work. Until you have that in hand it would be Illegal to work. A Employer doing so would be in Violation of Law. That EAD is needed before a Income from a job is allowed. Looking for a job is OK but that looks strange on a Employment Application. I suggest: It takes time but wait for the proper paperwork before putting the Immigrate status at risk. It is a Violation to earn a Income. PERIOD

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Hmm...based on how the OP wrote his post it sounds like he is the K1 and his wife is the USC considering that he mentioned that he just got his SSN. Also the pending AOS isn't what gives him the ability to work, only the EAD does. There is nothing wrong about looking for work, he just can't accept it until he has the EAD.

Edited by Ian H.

This does not constitute legal advice.

I m not trying to work , my wife the usc is trying and there is no jobs.

I get what you are asking, moving does not affect your process. If there is a better opportunity somowhere else go for it, you can submit for AOS from any other state without an issue.

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just do not understand why people who post on this excellent web site, do not post their timelines, as "WHY NOT?"

And to see the moderators allow a "senior member" to post on this site, without filling in a time line is beyond me! If it is just "where are you from".,.,just something to know about the person, would love to see our ""senior member, Transborderwife".,.,.at least tell us where you live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as working, if you cannot get a job in Nebraska, I do not know a better place, BUT you need the EAD first, and that involves AOS!

Do what you can, however, to file the AOS, so the EAD can come!

Somewhat confusing, as to who is the K-1, and who is the petitioner..,.,.,.,

Anyway, I just wish you good luck.,.,as so many people are struggling right now..,.,.,.and the ""un-Godly immigration thing" that obama has done, is going to ruin people like you, "who played by the rules," came here the right way, proud of you for that!

I m not trying to work , my wife the usc is trying and there is no jobs.

That's really bad. I would so to you 2, go wherever you have to go; do whatever you have to do so that your AOS/EAD/AP can be applied for. Your life in American cannot grow without those things.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

I'm in Florida not that it matters. I've said in many threads where I'm from I can't figure out how to do my timeline on iphone.

You have no computer?

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.