charmed2006

NOA2 to NVC (Timeline)

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi!

I just got my NOA2 (online status only) - no hardcopy yet. What to expect next? I have downloaded the packet 3 and gathering documents as listed. But I am not really sure how are we notified when to submit all these documents.

How long should we wait for our case to be received by NVC?

Also, what are the fees we need to expect from NOA2 to Visa Approval?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS  (CSC) FROM K1 VISA

06.23.17 - Application sent

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

07.10.17 - Biomentrics Notice (via Post mail)

07.17.17 - Biometrics schedule

09.16.17 - 10 year GC received

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.26.2020 - Online Application

02.27.2020 - NOA

03.16.2020 - Biometrics Appointment

03.06.2020 - Biometrics Completed (Walk in)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

After NOA2 it takes approx 2 wks for ur service center to send the file to NVC. The NVC assigns a case # and sends it to the appropriate embassy. The embassy should then send the beneficiary packet 3. Every consulate varies so you should ask in ur country's portal or look at threads there. Also go to embassy information to check for info there too: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/

Sometimes NVC takes longer than the 2 wks and sometimes the petitioner receives a letter in the mail with the case# (as we did). You can call NVC at 1-603-334-0700 after the 2 wk period. Start very early 7am as it can be difficult to get through. Here is the VJ guide:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

You can also track ur file once u get the case #at:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==

Please select "immigrant visa"

Best of luck!

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline

After NOA2 it takes approx 2 wks for ur service center to send the file to NVC. The NVC assigns a case # and sends it to the appropriate embassy. The embassy should then send the beneficiary packet 3. Every consulate varies so you should ask in ur country's portal or look at threads there. Also go to embassy information to check for info bothers too: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/

Sometimes NVC takes longer than the 2 wks and sometimes the petitioner receives a letter in the mail with the case# (as we did). You can call NVC at 1-603-334-0700 after the 2 wk period. Start very early 7am as it can be difficult to get through. Here is the VJ guide:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

You can also track ur file once u get the case #at:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==

Please select "immigrant visa"

Best of luck!

Thank you!

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.27.2020 - NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

NVC is delayed so I would plan for a month before they enter your case into the system and assign you a case number. Right now, once you have everything submitted to NVC, it will take 60 days from receiving of all documentation.

Married: October 23, 2012
Sent I-130: March 4, 2013
NOA 1: March 6, 2013
Case Touched: April 5, 2013
Case transferred to 'local office': November 7, 2013
Case transferred to USCIS office: November 8, 2013

Hardcopy notification that case is at Nebraska office: November 15, 2013

NOA 2: January 23rd, 2014 (email notification)

Case shipped to NVC: January 24th, 2014

NVC received case: February 6, 2014

USCIS admitted to creating two case numbers for us and giving us the wrong one: March 20, 2014

USCIS faxed RFE to us: March 20, 2014

Submitted requested forms three days before deadline: March 23, 2014

NVC Ready for our case: May 27, 2014

NVC allowing us submit all forms and pay fees: July 27, 2014

Notice sponsor made error on I-864: September 27, 2014

Resubmitted sponsor I-864: September 28, 2014

Scan date: September 30, 2014

Notice of NVC processing delay: October 18, 20, and 21, 2014 (we got three)

CASE COMPLETE: December 2, 2014

medical: December 18, 2014

interview: January 5, 2015

Timeline

NVC is delayed so I would plan for a month before they enter your case into the system and assign you a case number. Right now, once you have everything submitted to NVC, it will take 60 days from receiving of all documentation.

Thank you :) I might not be able to complete all the documents in 60 days. I stayed in three different countries and to request for Police Certificates from each one of them is a challenge.

I just hope everything goes smooth with the entire process :)

Goodluck to everybody waiting for his/her case to be finalized :)

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.27.2020 - NOA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you :) I might not be able to complete all the documents in 60 days. I stayed in three different countries and to request for Police Certificates from each one of them is a challenge.

I just hope everything goes smooth with the entire process :)

Goodluck to everybody waiting for his/her case to be finalized :)

I know ours went faster than we expected and held up submitting the DS160 until he had all paperwork. When u receive ur NOA2 hard copy it will have an expiration date. (Ours was 4 months I think that's standard) If u need more time it can be extended too. It's tough to time because they say don't collect things too early but then it can take awhile to get the documents in.

It will come together just start ASAP! ?

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline

I know ours went faster than we expected and held up submitting the DS160 until he had all paperwork. When u receive ur NOA2 hard copy it will have an expiration date. (Ours was 4 months I think that's standard) If u need more time it can be extended too. It's tough to time because they say don't collect things too early but then it can take awhile to get the documents in.

It will come together just start ASAP! ?

Thank you so much!

I am trying to get them all in :)

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.27.2020 - NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Side note: this is for the CR1/IR1 visa. As K1 applicants we don't send anything to NVC and the 60 day rule is not for us. Our petitions are valid for 4 months and we can have that extended if needed. Don't worry about getting everything together in 60 days!

Timeline

Side note: this is for the CR1/IR1 visa. As K1 applicants we don't send anything to NVC and the 60 day rule is not for us. Our petitions are valid for 4 months and we can have that extended if needed. Don't worry about getting everything together in 60 days!

Thank you!

Where do we send the packet 3 documents then? Lol.. I am so sorry I am so confused.. :rolleyes::rofl:

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.27.2020 - NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

After you get your case number from NVC and the consulate in Vancouver receives your file you can fill out the DS160 online and pay the visa fee. You then fill out your packet 3 and fax it to the number on the form. A tip I got from other VJers is to email the consulate right after you fax packet 3 back and ask them to email you packet 4 (apparently it's much faster that way). Then you can book your medical and interview.

Click on the K1 Fact sheet link and on the download packet 3 links in this link for help:

http://vancouver.usconsulate.gov/visas/fiance-visas.html

I hope this helps!

EDIT: unless you're in the east and interviewing in Montreal! Just realized that you could be. In that case search for the Montreal embassy, same process.

Edited by Katmedic

Timeline

After you get your case number from NVC and the consulate in Vancouver receives your file you can fill out the DS160 online and pay the visa fee. You then fill out your packet 3 and fax it to the number on the form. A tip I got from other VJers is to email the consulate right after you fax packet 3 back and ask them to email you packet 4 (apparently it's much faster that way). Then you can book your medical and interview.

Click on the K1 Fact sheet link and on the download packet 3 links in this link for help:

http://vancouver.usconsulate.gov/visas/fiance-visas.html

I hope this helps!

EDIT: unless you're in the east and interviewing in Montreal! Just realized that you could be. In that case search for the Montreal embassy, same process.

Thank you so much! You've been patiently answering my questions :)

I am from Vancouver, so should be Vancouver US Embassy. I will take note of your advise :)

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.27.2020 - NOA

Timeline

diligently answering my questions is what i meant :)

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.27.2020 - NOA

There is a link at the top of the Canada forum about Vancouver if you need to go through it as it's a bit different than Monteal.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

There is a link at the top of the Canada forum about Vancouver if you need to go through it as it's a bit different than Monteal.

Thank you! Ok, I will check it..

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.27.2020 - NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.