curiosa

October 2014 Filers - Texas Service Center

1,380 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I hope you guys don't mind that I am creating this thread as the other ones has everyone included. The purpose of this thread is to see how October 2014 cases that were filed and routed to Texas Service Center are progressing. I guess I'm just anxious because I haven't received an NOA2 and so many October 2014 cases that were routed to California have progressed so far that it makes me jealous/envious.

In my case, I submitted mailed my I-129F on October 16th and have received an NOA1 letter but that's about it sadly. :(

Has anyone with a Texas case received an RFE or a NOA2?

Oct 2007 - Met online via OkCupid and then at coffee house in Austin

Dec 2010 - He moved back to Mexico

July 2011 - I moved to Mexico

June 2013 - Moved back home to prepare for birth of our child

Sept 2013 - Our baby arrived!

16 Oct 2014 - Mailed I-129F

17 Oct 2014 - I-129F Delivered to USCIS
22 Oct 2014 - Check cleared

22 Oct 2014 - NOA1 Received via Email

25 Oct 2014 - NOA1 Received Hard Copy

13 May 2015 - NOA2 Received Hard Copy (200 days after NOA1)

29 May 2015 - Sent to NVC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

If your cause was routed to TSC and you don't get transferred to CSC or expedite, please keep in mind you will probably have 5 months ahead (Hopefully less). It's a little bit too soon to expect your NOA2. I have JUNE 19th NOA1 and didn't get RFE or NOA2 yet, so chill out and pray to be transferred to CSC or some service improvement in TSC. It's not to bring your hopes down but definitely it's a little bit too early to expect NOA2.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Curiosa,

Thanks for making this thread, I am really happy for all the Ocotober CSC'ers getting their 10day-20 day approvals but it can be a little bit depressing.

Sine we are in the same boat its good to have a common forum for us and in going through our struggle.

Nor RFE or NOA2 yet.

B

Edited by ForgottenNotes

10/25: Mailed my I-129F using USPS Express to Texas Lockbox

10/27: NOA 1 notification from USCIS

10/30: NOA 1 Hard copy received in the mail

12/15: NOA 2 Email/Text (49 Days)

12/17: USCIS Sent case to NVC

12/29: NVC Received Case

12/30: MNL# Assigned

1/6: USEM Received Case "Ready"

1/29: Interview :dancing: (APPROVED)

Timeline

I understand that there are people from previous months that have not even received their NOA2. I do read. The purpose was for October 2014 filers so that we can patiently wait together and see how our cases progress.

Thanks ForgottenNotes! It is depressing to watch and the good thing is that we have all filed our paperwork. It's all a big waiting game now and I'm prepared for the long haul sadly.

Oct 2007 - Met online via OkCupid and then at coffee house in Austin

Dec 2010 - He moved back to Mexico

July 2011 - I moved to Mexico

June 2013 - Moved back home to prepare for birth of our child

Sept 2013 - Our baby arrived!

16 Oct 2014 - Mailed I-129F

17 Oct 2014 - I-129F Delivered to USCIS
22 Oct 2014 - Check cleared

22 Oct 2014 - NOA1 Received via Email

25 Oct 2014 - NOA1 Received Hard Copy

13 May 2015 - NOA2 Received Hard Copy (200 days after NOA1)

29 May 2015 - Sent to NVC

There was an October 2014 NOA1 thread somewhere, but it got buried under all the other ones, because noone ever posts anything, since _nothing_ has been happening :-)

Our NOA1 was October 20, so it has only been a month *puhhh*

There seems to be a huge discrepancy between TSC and CSC for some reason. But when looking at the number of petitions (for K-1) for each month for either one, CSC has at least as many, sometimes more (and that is even thoug a lof of people dont do their timeline right and show um as TSC, even though they are CSC). It is kind of weird. And also frustrating, yes.

Timeline

There was an October 2014 NOA1 thread somewhere, but it got buried under all the other ones, because noone ever posts anything, since _nothing_ has been happening :-)

Our NOA1 was October 20, so it has only been a month *puhhh*

There seems to be a huge discrepancy between TSC and CSC for some reason. But when looking at the number of petitions (for K-1) for each month for either one, CSC has at least as many, sometimes more (and that is even thoug a lof of people dont do their timeline right and show um as TSC, even though they are CSC). It is kind of weird. And also frustrating, yes.

Yesterday a guy what was in the TSC received his NOA2. He filed in October. He received it in 27 days.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Yesterday a guy what was in the TSC received his NOA2. He filed in October. He received it in 27 days.

Are you sure he was TSC, not a member of active military or otherwise expedited???

I think I read a couple at TCS who got their NOA1 in September got their RFE a couple days ago.

IF there is rhyme or reason to their processing order, it is highly... strange, lets call it that :-D

I hope you guys don't mind that I am creating this thread as the other ones has everyone included. The purpose of this thread is to see how October 2014 cases that were filed and routed to Texas Service Center are progressing. I guess I'm just anxious because I haven't received an NOA2 and so many October 2014 cases that were routed to California have progressed so far that it makes me jealous/envious.

In my case, I submitted mailed my I-129F on October 16th and have received an NOA1 letter but that's about it sadly. :(

Have you read my most recent thread, "Is This NOA2?"

Go check it out....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Yes, I can't even look at that other thread anymore. I'm quickly filling with rage at the injustice of this process. It's not the CSC people's fault, but I may just lash out one day. I think I just need to take a step back and not come on vj for a few months. I can't imagine 5-6 more months of this. This is bringing out a dark side of me.

Timeline

Having done the research on how long it takes at TSC i said to myself a long time ago I will mentally prepare myself for the long haul. 5 - 6 months. Fine, but I wont let it steer my relationship in anyway. We went 6 months before meeting my each other for the first time in the past so patience is something we have surely developed and grown to appreciate. I will go to visit her this December and then 3 weeks in march. I would say I'm blessed to be able to visit her quite often given my work. During this visa process I will take the time to continue to grown with her and grow our relationship.

Skype you the real MVP

52738070.jpg

Timeline

Have you read my most recent thread, "Is This NOA2?"

Go check it out....

Congrats!

Yes, I can't even look at that other thread anymore. I'm quickly filling with rage at the injustice of this process. It's not the CSC people's fault, but I may just lash out one day. I think I just need to take a step back and not come on vj for a few months. I can't imagine 5-6 more months of this. This is bringing out a dark side of me.

I hear you. It is not that I don´t think it should be fast - I am happy for anybody who gets approved quickly, don´t get me wrong - but I wish their turn around for _everyone_ would be in the two month range or faster. Even that is a looong time to wait, but not knowing any timeframe is really not so much fun. Makes one be grumpy. And I really dislike myself grumpy, because I usually have a cheerful disposition ;-)

My fiance (who is the USC, works all day and doesnt have the time to hang out around forums all day :-P) have actually talked about complaining about the state of USCIS at the proper places now - more in general and less pertaining to our case. They (whoever "they" are, havent done my research yet), will not care unless enough people complain and they start being worried about votes.

And do not tell me that the government does not have a say what happens at USCIS and how, I simply don´t believe it.

Also with this immigration reform, that Obama just announced - I am happy for those people to stay, I really don´t mind if they get to legally change their status from illegal to legal, those who will do it are those who actually care about it anyways - but can they please put in an extra taskforce to deal with it, rather than dumping those 5 million people onto the already backlogged Service Centers?

Nothing for me, nothing has been touched since the NOA1. The website continues to be broken, but at least I can phone from time to time. We're all in this for the long haul, with some exceptions.

Curiosa,

Thanks for making this thread, I am really happy for all the Ocotober CSC'ers getting their 10day-20 day approvals but it can be a little bit depressing.

Sine we are in the same boat its good to have a common forum for us and in going through our struggle.

Nor RFE or NOA2 yet.

B

You will be the exception I'm happy to tell you. You may be at TSC, but you can expect your application will be processed in roughly a couple of months. You won't be waiting as long as the rest of us, as you have a Philippine fiancé. TSC expedites those petitions ahead of the rest of us. They are still backlogged and slow, so you won't be as fast as if you were sent to CSC, but rest assured your NOA2 will be coming soon.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.