tcgator

Filed I-485 end of March 2014 and still no response

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi all,

We filed our I-485 at the end of March and still have not heard anything. Is this normal? On the processing times chart here it says they are processing applications from June!

In July we received a letter saying our interview was being waived and we received his Employment Authorization Card, but should we submit a status check or just continue to be patient? In October I changed our address and received a letter.

Anyone else in this boat or have any experience? Thank you so much!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to Fam.-based AOS Progress Forum~

~AOS Interview waiver is often discussed at this forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

They generally say to expect a further 6 month wait to the usual processing time if you have interview waived. It wouldn't hurt to call and check though, especially if you changed address since you submitted your package.

5/2/14 - Marriage to USC (Australian citizen on E-3 visa)

6/20/14 (Day 0): AOS package received at Chicago Lockbox
6/24/14 (Day 4): Text notification of receipt (I-130, I-131 and I-765 "Initial Review", I-485 "Accepted")
6/30/14 (Day 10): Received NOAs and biometrics notice for 7/24
7/7/14 (Day 17): Walk-in biometrics at Pittsburgh ASC
7/30/14 (Day 40): Email update: I-485 has moved to "Testing and Interview" stage

8/20/13 (Day 61): Text notification: I-131 and I-765 approved, "Card Production" status

8/28/14 (Day 69): Text notification: EAD/AP card mailed

8/29/14 (Day 70): EAD/AP card received

9/10/14 (Day 82): Text msg of case update - interview date notice mailed

10/16/14 (Day 118): Interview - approved. Text update of "card production" status
10/20/14 (Day 122): Received welcome letter

10/23/14 (Day 125): Received green card

Hi all,

We filed our I-485 at the end of March and still have not heard anything. Is this normal? On the processing times chart here it says they are processing applications from June!

In July we received a letter saying our interview was being waived and we received his Employment Authorization Card, but should we submit a status check or just continue to be patient? In October I changed our address and received a letter.

Anyone else in this boat or have any experience? Thank you so much!

The I-485 processing times on this site:

1) are an estimate of the average time between filing and local field office interviews, based on aggregated user timelines

2) don't apply to interview waiver cases, because they're not processed at local field offices

No data is published for I-485s being processed at the NBC, such as interview waiver cases.

Honestly: 6 months from the date of your waiver letter is when you should start calling. Anything before that is a waste of your time, as it's almost certainly not going to result in quicker approval. There's many of us in the same boat, so hopefully you can take comfort in the fact that it's not just you!

2013 7/15 I-129F sent, 7/18 received Dallas lockbox, 7/22 NOA1, 10/22 NOA2, 11/15 NVC Case Created, 11/20 NVC Shipped, 11/25 Consulate received, 11/28 Packet 3 received/returned, 11/29 Medical, 12/9 Packet 4 received

2014 1/9 Interview - Approved, 1/15 CEAC - Issued, 1/17 Visa in hand, 2/5 POE: LAX, 4/4 Married!, 4/8 AOS/EAD/AP filed, 4/14 NOA1, 5/7 Walk-in biometrics, 5/19 EAD/AP approved (expedited), 5/22 EAD/AP mailed, 5/23 EAD/AP received, 7/29 Interview waiver letter

2015 4/13 AOS approved (no interview), 4/22 Green card received

2017 1/17 I-751 ROC filed (VSC), 1/23 NOA, 2/28 Biometrics

2018 1/31 ROC approved

2020 1/14 N400 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.