Free.bird

It's been almost 8 months and still no NOA2

9 posts in this topic

Hello dear VJ-ers,

We got our NOA1 on 25 of March 2013, and still have not got NOA2. We have put in 2 service requests to uscis (our service center is NCS), to which we received two nearly identical generalized replies, pretty much saying that we need to back off and wait however long it takes. we have involved our congressperson, and she have received the same reply, saying that "if the petitioner does not receive USCIS decision notice, or other notice of action within 60 days of this email, you may send another inquiry".

I understand that people have been waiting longer that 8 months and some wait for years, but I would still like to know whether we should expect an actual decision within 60 days mentioned in the USCIS email, or there is a good chance of receiving similar non-informative responses. If anyone in similar situation could share their experience and progress I will be very grateful. I am also curious what could be the reason for such extended background checks (which they claim to be the reason for such delay), is it the beneficiary or the petitioner that they are checking at that stage? I do not think that the authenticity of our relationship is questioned, since we have lived together for a while, and we frontloaded our petition very well with joint bank statements, utility bills and joint lease agreements, we do not have big age difference, prior marriages or kids.

P.S

Neither of us has any criminal or domestic violence history, and I (beneficiary) have never violated US immigration laws.

Thanks in advance for any advice or opinion. VJ has been very helpful to us during the process, I hope I get some help here as well.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

This is just my speculation and things that I have heard, but the security checks can take a lot longer depending on the helpfulness of the country that you are in. If you are in a Muslim country that has a lot of terrorists, that can take much longer. Also, with names in other countries there are often a lot of people with similar names, so if the beneficiary's name is similar to a "bad guy" then that can take a long time to sort out on this end. I think it must be the beneficiary that they are focusing on, because background checks on the USC are pretty easy to access. I don't know what the paperwork is like in Kazakhstan. I know they don't accept papers from certain countries, if they have bad relations. So for example, the government does not even accept police reports from Iran.

Also, Nebraska is SLOW. They are moving super slow now. I was transferred out, thank goodness. The USCIS has its fiscal year end on September 30th, so there was a push to get things done, but if you look at many of the agencies since after that, they seem to have slowed way down. I don't know what is going on there specifically, but it is one of the centers receiving a lot of complaints in the groups. I think they sometimes stall for other reasons too, but it doesn't sound like those would apply to you. Are you both together or one in the US? Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Have you contacted your state senator? Our NOA1 was March 18, and we head nothing for over 7 months and after 1 service request. I then got our senator to expedite my security checks and got approved a week later.

11/06: Husband EWI from Mexico
11/08: Started dating

11/11: Husband got deported
1/11/14: Got married
3/13/14-11/2/14:
I-130
1/26/15-3/17/15: NVC

5/28/15: INTERVIEW - denied

6/8/15: I-601/I-212 waivers received

11/17/15: I-601/I-212 waivers APPROVED

12/11/15: HUBBY HOME!! :dance:

Yes, we have contacted our senator's office and they have received the same generic response "wait for 60 more days before putting another request". I am in Kazakhstan right now, and my Husband is in USA. I am worried that they will continue feeding us the same 60-days-more responses, since even the senator could not influence them =(

Thank you guys for your responding to this, it's nice to feel that there are people int he same boat with us.

mrskvelasco, our wedding dates and NOA1 dates are only couple of days apart! We got married on January 8, 2014 :)

Guys! Husband just called with great news: our I-130 has been approved! After 2 service requests and 1 inquiry from congressman! Thank you all for your replies!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.