Ragheb

Interview Finished - ABU DHABI

15 posts in this topic

Hello,

Today we had our interview, As illustrated earlier COs are so friendly and almost they seemed that they had the decision from studying your documents before they meet u.

He has asked us about our baby (how old is she ?) -as he doesn't know from the application- ?!?!?

when we've got married?

how much do we have savings ?

About my current job and experience...

Lucky we're informed that our visa is approved and to collect the passport on Thursday.

Thanks for this forum and specially active members like "SussieQQQ".....

If u need any more clarifications please let me know...

Good luck to all....

Congratulations... how long was your process from I-130 submission till interview.

Sept 2011- Met Online

May 16, 2014 - Wedding Date

USCIS

July 13, 2014 - I-130 NOA1 receipt (Nebraska Service Center)

July 30, 2014 - I-130 approved-NOA2 (17 days from NOA1)

NVC

Sep 03, 2014- Case # & IIN received

Nov 13, 2014- Case Complete (9/14/14 & 10/14/14 ; AOS & IV scan date )

EMBASSY

Dec 03, 2014 - Received P4 letter ( interview on Jan 29, 2015 )

Feb 03, 2015 - Visa on hand ( Thank You Lord )

Okay.

I thought I have to prepare myself for the savings question. I have only save so many money exchange receipts for the last 6 years if that counts as savings...lol

Sept 2011- Met Online

May 16, 2014 - Wedding Date

USCIS

July 13, 2014 - I-130 NOA1 receipt (Nebraska Service Center)

July 30, 2014 - I-130 approved-NOA2 (17 days from NOA1)

NVC

Sep 03, 2014- Case # & IIN received

Nov 13, 2014- Case Complete (9/14/14 & 10/14/14 ; AOS & IV scan date )

EMBASSY

Dec 03, 2014 - Received P4 letter ( interview on Jan 29, 2015 )

Feb 03, 2015 - Visa on hand ( Thank You Lord )

Filed: Country: Sudan
Timeline

Hello,

Today we had our interview, As illustrated earlier COs are so friendly and almost they seemed that they had the decision from studying your documents before they meet u.

He has asked us about our baby (how old is she ?) -as he doesn't know from the application- ?!?!?

when we've got married?

how much do we have savings ?

About my current job and experience...

Lucky we're informed that our visa is approved and to collect the passport on Thursday.

Thanks for this forum and specially active members like "SussieQQQ".....

If u need any more clarifications please let me know...

Good luck to all....

Congratulations

Congratulations!

Where are you planning to settle in the US?

Congrat!

Yes, eager to know as well where are you planning to settle in State and what would be your criteria for choosing..

Thanks to all,

Actually, i'm planning to enter US on Jan 15 through NY and comeback to UAE to clear the things to settle during June-15.

The state i haven't decided yet, but usually i prefer a state where i've a friend to help me through the settlement. I've got friends in UTAH, Florida, Washington and W. Virginia.

My wife prefer warm states as she has lived her entire life in Dubai, so we might go to Orlando or Miami in Florida.

Also one more criteria is to have an area where i can complete my MBA studies and work in finance field ....

What do you think any advise?

Congrats this is great ))) hope my interview will be smooth as yours ;)

I hope too...

Hm. Working in the finance field and a warm climate, don't always go together in the US! California and maybe North Carolina would be your best bets for that combination, I think.

I am not sure somewhere that you have a friend is necessarily the best reason to move somewhere to be honest. It may help you settle in but if nothing else in the area really suits you then it doesn't really seem to work. Maybe do a bit of research into where you can find the kind of jobs you want and climate as these seem important.

Hm. Working in the finance field and a warm climate, don't always go together in the US! California and maybe North Carolina would be your best bets for that combination, I think.

I am not sure somewhere that you have a friend is necessarily the best reason to move somewhere to be honest. It may help you settle in but if nothing else in the area really suits you then it doesn't really seem to work. Maybe do a bit of research into where you can find the kind of jobs you want and climate as these seem important.

Actually i don't work in finance industry itself, i work as finance professional (i.e Finance Manager, Management Accountant..etc)

Do u think it will be difficult to find job in Florida?? .... California everyone told me it's the most expensive state ....

Today some one suggested Texas as it's big and cheap .... It's really confusing....

You need to be careful about "cheap" and "expensive". Yes CA is expensive, because it has a lot of professional jobs and they pay very well. Housing is dirt cheap in Detroit, because there are no jobs. The same job will have different pay in different states becasue of the differences in housing costs etc. So I'd suggest you try do a bit more research on job opportunities in what you want to do vs cost of living etc. Look at the city-data forums, they can be very helpful. Do you have a family which will mean schools are important' etc. Do you mind frigid northeast winters each year or hurricanes or earthquakes or ...? Do you mind living in a largely anti-immigrant state? Do you want to be close to the beach, the mountains, rural, city? No one can answer for you where the best place is.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.