Necraa

Help with our RFE for Form I-864

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have gotten two RFE's now which state that "In Part 6, Sponsor's Income and Employment, Item 10: The current annual household income must equal the sum of items 5, 6.c., 7.c., 8.c., and 9.c." But both times I have resubmitted the number has been all of those added up properly, I called before I initially submitted and was told that I should out my expected income for the next year here and so I did that and they sent it back, so I thought maybe it just needs to match my gross income as stated in my taxes attached, but they sent that back as well, so I honestly have no idea what they want me to put here and I really don't want to wait another month just for them to send it back again, any help on this would be wonderful as I am really at a loss as to what they want from me to 'correctly' answer this question as this is the only thing holding up the completion of our processing. Thank you everyone for all of your help.

Timeline

1)$5,204 (I'm a graduate student, my mother is co-signing with me to meet the financial requirements)

2) At time of my submission my household is myself and my wife, no kids or other family.

Is your mother sending an I-864 of her own?

You = I-864

Mom = I-864

What does your 2013 tax return transcript have listed as your total income (assuming you filed a 1040? not 1040EZ?)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

My mother has a seperate I-864 that has passed through without complaint from them, and my tax return transcript states exactly the number i submitted to them, of $5,204.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

what did you initially put for current income, what you will be earning in 2014 until the end of December?

so what will your income be for 2014?

plus you don't need to add up anything you put your current income on 5, and then you repeat your current income on 9c. there is no need to add anything up because you aren't using anyone else's income

Timeline

Yeah that's what I thought, and I will be earning the same thing as last year, barring me getting any unexpected grants or other such bonus income.

Timeline

I'm aware, sorry by that I merely meant merit based awards of additionally money from the school which we generally refer to as grants, though they are distinct things.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.