COLOSSUS

INTERVIEW RESCHEDULED

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

MY HUSBAND WAS SCHEDULE FOR INTERVIEW OCTOBER 31ST BUT WAS CALLED BY THE LAGOS CONSULATE THAT IT HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR 12TH NOVEMBER 2014.

IS THIS A NEW TREND OR WHAT? IS THIS NORMAL OR ANYONE EXPERIENCING SAME OR HAD EXPERIENCED SAME.

THANKS

JOURNEY ON

USCIS

2012-12-20 - Marriage
2013-09-10 - I-130 Sent
2013-09-13- Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
Priority Date : 2013-09-13
2013-12-30- RFE RECEIVED
2014-01-25- RFE RESPONDED TO VIA MAIL
2014-01-27- RFE ACKNOWLEDGED AND PUT IN REVIEW
2014-02-24 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
2014-03-04 - NVC RECEIVED
2014-04-03 - NVC CASE NUMBER RCVD
2014-04-07 - DS 261 FILLED N SUBMITTED
2014/04/09 - AOS bill Available and paid
2014/04/09 - IV bill available and paid
2014/05/07 - AOS & IV PACKAGE SENT TO NVC
2014/05/07 - DS 260 SUBMITTED
2014/05/09 - NVC ACKNOWLEDGED RECEIPT OF PACKAGE
2014/08/15 - Case Complete
CONSULATE
09/16/14 : Medical
11/12/14 : Interview AND DENIED
xx/xx/xx : Visa in hand
xx/xx/xx : POE
"KEEP THE FAITH..."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There are certain reasons for this.One reason could be bcos the falls on a holiday which couldn't be determined,like the last muslim celebration which date was uncertain until almost two weeks to the day of celebration.I'm aware that some were rescheduled when their visa appointments were already fixed on the days the muslim were celebrating.Another reason i figure out could be is that being the last friday of the month,the US Embassy & Consulate Nigeria are not opened for any visa appointment.There could be other reasons besides these but i know these reasons to have used in the past.Why not go on nairaland.com & ask the Consular Officer on there as to why,maybe he/she can be of help.I don't see any issue with your being rescheduled.my thoughts to you is be prepared to "convince the Consular Officer" as they at the Lagos consulate would say.Wishing you the very best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.