CR1HolderJo

CR1 holder help needed please

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Dear All,

I have recently got a CR1 visa, me and my wife(the US CITIZEN) are migrating to the US in dec , but i might go there first because I have some interviews in different states, is her presence mandatory at the port of entry ?? she will follow me few days later.

My second question is : we put that we will live in Georgia , should my first landing be in this state or I can pick a flight to another state?

I would appreciate your inputs .

Thanks

Your wife doesn't have to be at POE, her presence isn't required and it doesn't matter if she is outside the country.

You can enter in any part of the US, it doesn't matter where.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Your wife doesn't have to be at POE, her presence isn't required and it doesn't matter if she is outside the country.

You can enter in any part of the US, it doesn't matter where.

Second part is correct- it does not matter where you enter the country, or even if you change your mind and never life in Georgia at all.

However, first part is not correct. The US citizen is supposed to enter the USA at the same time OR BEFORE the immigrant.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Sorry about that, I read the question the other way around, I thought his spouse was already living in the US and was only visiting. The OP doesn't have a timeline so I thought his spouse petitioned him from within the US.

I couldn't find much info, but it seems to depend on whether your spouse was living outside the US and is reestablishing her domicile. Is she living outside the US, or is she just visiting you?

Edited by Ian H.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Ian is correct- it has to do with domicile.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Petitioner should be in the USA, beneficiary can poe in any state.

however they don't ask for spouse where-bouts , but if they do

then that can lead to more questions make sure you have proof of

explanation like tour job interviews (verifiable) and spouse doing last

mininute packing to leave a few days behind you, it really should be

no prob.

You will need to give an address for the GC to be mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.