MrTee12

Changes coming in Santo Domingo

26 posts in this topic

I don't have an exact date on when this started, but they're a number of changes in the Visa Interview Process.

1) The Embassy is no longer using Banco Popular. The entire $265us must be paid at the Embassy on the day of your Cita/interview.

2) The Embassy is no longer using DomEx for their visa courier service. They will be using a New "un-named" courier service starting in November.

3) The Visa Medical Facility is now requiring (although it's not on their website) 5 passport pictures (2x2 size) for your medical exam instead of 3.

4) I know recently people have been having a difficult time getting visa information from DOS/NVC for their upcoming interviews. On November 12, there will be a new number to call and website to check your visa status.

829-956-5144 (Dominican Republic) or 703-988-3410 (U.S.). (both are toll-free)

and/or

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/

I will continue to update the Dom Rep NOA2 page and Dom Rep Country Info page as I receive new information.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Dominican_Republic:_After_Receiving_the_NOA2

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Dominican%20Republic&cty=Santo%20Domingo

If you have any questions, let me know.

Edited by MrTee12

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

Changes for residents visas come on january 1, 2015.

The information is on the wed.

Changes on november 12 are for turist visa, student visa and job visa.

Embassy continue using banco popular service.

The aplicant on november 12 need to fill out a form on the wedsite and create an profil after that will get a Page with information about how much to pay at banco popular, once paid at banco popular go again on the wedsite to get an appoinment.

Papers are going to be received before the cita at galeria 360 at santo domingo, in this place the applicant will gmake the fingersprint and take picture.

Then another day will have the cita.

consulate will has 12 mailbox in diferent city and people will get passport in one of this mailbox.

Edited by Ilovemyman

Nice...

Domex? good riddance!!!

10/08/2014 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

10/16/2014 - NOAs:

11/18/2014 - Bio. Appointment

11/25/2014 - AOS Update (Ready for Interview)

12/30/2014 - EAD Approved (Card in production)

12/30/2014 - AP Approved

01/06/2015 - EAD/AP Card Mailed

01/07/2015 - EAD/AP Card Received

01/14/2015 - AOS Update (Interview scheduled)

02/18/2015 - AOS Interview (Approved!)

02/18/2015 - AOS Updated (Card is being produced)

02/19/2015 - Welcome Notice Mailed

02/24/2015 - Welcome Notice Received

02/24/2015 - Card mailed

02/27/2015 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

12/27/2016 - ROC filed (California Service Center)

12/28/2016 - NOA

01/08/2017 - Bio. Appointment Notice received

01/25/2017 - Bio. Appointment done.

12/12/2017 - I-551 Stamp on passport

06/12/2017 - "Approval Notice" DHS website (notice mailed)

06/12/2018 - Card in production

06/16/2018 - Approval Notice/Notice of Action received in the mail.

06/19/2018 GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

The aplicant on november 12 need to fill out a form on the wedsite and create an profil after that will get a Page with information about how much to pay at banco popular, once paid at banco popular go again on the wedsite to get an appoinment.

Papers are going to be received before the cita at galeria 360 at santo domingo, in this place the applicant will gmake the fingersprint and take picture.

consulate will has 12 mailbox in diferent city and people will get passport in one of this mailbox.

As per the Embassy's page, the info is different.

http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/k1-k2_instructions.html

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

Thanks for the info. Glad domex is done! I had to go get the passport after 3 days of waiting and they didn't deliver it

I don't have an exact date on when this started, but they're a number of changes in the Visa Interview Process.

1) The Embassy is no longer using Banco Popular. The entire $265us must be paid at the Embassy on the day of your Cita/interview.

2) The Embassy is no longer using DomEx for their visa courier service. They will be using a New "un-named" courier service starting in November.

3) The Visa Medical Facility is now requiring (although it's not on their website) 5 passport pictures (2x2 size) for your medical exam instead of 3.

4) I know recently people have been having a difficult time getting visa information from DOS/NVC for their upcoming interviews. On November 12, there will be a new number to call and website to check your visa status.

and/or

I will continue to update the Dom Rep NOA2 page and Dom Rep Country Info page as I receive new information.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Dominican_Republic:_After_Receiving_the_NOA2

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Dominican%20Republic&cty=Santo%20Domingo

Wow. Thanks a lot for this. Ive read some people are sying that medical needs 6 pictures not 5. What it is the truth. I would say whatever is on the embassy website. Also, the $265 will be payed all at once so no need to split the payment in banco popular correct. The reason im asking is because the website does not mention banco popular but I guess thats what they are trying to say. Thanks again

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

and/or

Thanks you so much, Mr. Tee. I so appreciate your help and dedication in assisting all of us who are going through this journey. You are A Gem!!

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

Thanks for this info.. I received packet 4 yesterday and it still says to pay at banco popular. Should I follow those instructions?

AOS Timeline (L)

March 23: Marriage

June 10: Mailed AOS via USPS 2 day priority delivery

June 12: USCIS Received paperwork

June 17: NOA1-Text messages confirming AP/EAD and AOS

June 23: NOA1- Hard copy AP/EAD and AOS

June 27: Biometrics Letter in the mail for July 7th

July 7: Biometrics Appointment

August 21: EAD Approval (Email Notification)

August 24: AP Approval (Email Notification)

August 25: Hard Copy NOA2 Received for EAD/AP

August 25: EAD/AP Card is Mailed/Document Production

August 28: EAD/AP Combo Card Received

October 8: AOS update: Card/ Document production (NO NPIW letter or Interview)

October 9: AOS "Decision"

October 13: Notice to Conditional Permanent Resident Alien letter received

October 19: Green card delivered :-)

Thanks for this info.. I received packet 4 yesterday and it still says to pay at banco popular. Should I follow those instructions?

Follow the instructions you have. Your packet must been mailed to you before the recent changes.

Thanks for the info. Glad domex is done! I had to go get the passport after 3 days of waiting and they didn't deliver it

you know, I was done with the interview at the consulate around 12.20pm, but the line outside to pay for domex was long, the service was really slow, no where to sit, it was really hot and humid that day, no where to go, we spent about 3 and half hours there, and this was during the first week of the new US Embassy/Consulate building! Since I lived a few blocks away from domex's offices, I chose to pick up my packet myself....at least I got my passport less than 10 days later.

Terrible service.

10/08/2014 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

10/16/2014 - NOAs:

11/18/2014 - Bio. Appointment

11/25/2014 - AOS Update (Ready for Interview)

12/30/2014 - EAD Approved (Card in production)

12/30/2014 - AP Approved

01/06/2015 - EAD/AP Card Mailed

01/07/2015 - EAD/AP Card Received

01/14/2015 - AOS Update (Interview scheduled)

02/18/2015 - AOS Interview (Approved!)

02/18/2015 - AOS Updated (Card is being produced)

02/19/2015 - Welcome Notice Mailed

02/24/2015 - Welcome Notice Received

02/24/2015 - Card mailed

02/27/2015 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

12/27/2016 - ROC filed (California Service Center)

12/28/2016 - NOA

01/08/2017 - Bio. Appointment Notice received

01/25/2017 - Bio. Appointment done.

12/12/2017 - I-551 Stamp on passport

06/12/2017 - "Approval Notice" DHS website (notice mailed)

06/12/2018 - Card in production

06/16/2018 - Approval Notice/Notice of Action received in the mail.

06/19/2018 GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

Thanks so much for the update!

Thank you so much for your dedication on keeping us current.

Wow. Thanks a lot for this. Ive read some people are sying that medical needs 6 pictures not 5. What it is the truth. I would say whatever is on the embassy website. Also, the $265 will be payed all at once so no need to split the payment in banco popular correct. The reason im asking is because the website does not mention banco popular but I guess thats what they are trying to say. Thanks again

Thanks you so much, Mr. Tee. I so appreciate your help and dedication in assisting all of us who are going through this journey. You are A Gem!!

Thanks for keeping us posted Mr.Tee!

You guys are all welcome! If you hear any thing different or contradictory let me know.

I know there is one "question" regarding the number of passport pictures you need for the medical. The Consultories De Visa website still says "3" are needed. However, I have heard some people say the medical office asked to bring 5 or 6. Until this is verified, whomever has an upcoming medical appointment, should take at least 6 pics until this is confirmed.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

So for K-1 visa, my fiance still has to pay Banco Popular and then again at the embassy.Oh wow, I'm not keen on this paying part here, part there stuff. It's makes you have to keep many receipts, if we don't have enouch of those already. I wish they would come up with a One-Stop-Processing Center, where everything could be done a different stations, set up in the same location.. but wait, no, this is the government, that would be too easy.. Oh well. we'll just wait until it's time for our cita and hope things change for K-1 filers as well.

Edited by DarkKiss

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.