lu&mike

Frustrating delay from USCIS - anything I can do?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey, guys,

I've never posted on the forums before, but this is just getting ridiculous. I'm adjusting from a K1 visa, and we got the NOA1 on 08/15. On 08/27, I submitted a change of address to USCIS, on their website, and I got a confirmation letter shortly after. I did the biometrics on 09/02, and was thinking everything was going according to plan.

Then, on 09/17, we got a notice that they had tried to send mail to our old address, and of course it was returned to USCIS. I saw it on the 25th and called them and, surprise, apparently they still had our old address on file. Asked them to please change it again, and to please send us whatever they had tried to send before to us again. Apparently they can't tell us what it is (RFE?), and we need to wait for 30 days to be able to ask them to send it again.

Well, guess what? Today it's the 22nd, and we still have not received anything. This is so frustrating! I was expecting to have to sit for 3 months at home waiting for processing, but it seems it's going to be some 5 months, if we can get them to mail the package to us.

Not sure there is anything else we could do here, but if anybody has any ideas, please let me know.

Cheers!

You can request another copy of any notice here

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do

Change of address can cause a lot of headache. Good luck.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I called USCIS 3 times, and there is a link on their website I could have used that nobody ever mentioned? This is almost funny!

Thanks, Nancy, this helps a lot!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good Morning All !!

USCIS played a CRUEL Joke on us !!! they sent an Approval Notice email on Fri 10-24-14 about 10:45p EST ( CSC )

About :30 later I get another email notification about a Change of Address !! Turns out the Approval Notice was a GLITCH

in the System !!! It is Really SAD that a Country supposedly so Advanced that we can let people walk across our border

but those of us that try to do things RIGHT get dismissed !! My parents are 92/93 and this will certainly be my Fathers

LAST Christmas and there is Nothing that can be done to to get anything DONE !!! There should be a BOND Process to

permit our Fiancee's to come and be part of their New Family. But therein lies the Problem, Family Values, Integrity and

Work Ethic isn't being passed down like it is supposed to be and we wonder why we have the problems we have in society !!

If anyone has any ideas PLEASE Let us know !! I have contacted our Congressman and Senator but have Little Faith as they

are part of the System that IS the Problem. IDEAS ANYONE ???? Has anyone else received a False Notice from USCIS ??

I pray this EXTREAMLY Rare !!

M&R BR to FL

Good Morning All !!

USCIS played a CRUEL Joke on us !!! they sent an Approval Notice email on Fri 10-24-14 about 10:45p EST ( CSC )

About :30 later I get another email notification about a Change of Address !! Turns out the Approval Notice was a GLITCH

in the System !!! It is Really SAD that a Country supposedly so Advanced that we can let people walk across our border

but those of us that try to do things RIGHT get dismissed !! My parents are 92/93 and this will certainly be my Fathers

LAST Christmas and there is Nothing that can be done to to get anything DONE !!! There should be a BOND Process to

permit our Fiancee's to come and be part of their New Family. But therein lies the Problem, Family Values, Integrity and

Work Ethic isn't being passed down like it is supposed to be and we wonder why we have the problems we have in society !!

If anyone has any ideas PLEASE Let us know !! I have contacted our Congressman and Senator but have Little Faith as they

are part of the System that IS the Problem. IDEAS ANYONE ???? Has anyone else received a False Notice from USCIS ??

I pray this EXTREAMLY Rare !!

M&R BR to FL

I'm sorry if you are feeling frustrated but if there was a glitch in the system then there is nothing that can be done. Things happen unfortunately that are sometimes out of our control...visa processing is one of them.

Looking at your timeline though I noticed you are doing the K1 Visa and you're waiting on your NOA2. It might be best you post in the K1 section of the forum as this is for AOS. Other people, with similiar timelines might be able to give you their advice on what they did with long processing times.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/80-k-1-fiancee-visa-process-procedures/

Hey, guys,

I've never posted on the forums before, but this is just getting ridiculous. I'm adjusting from a K1 visa, and we got the NOA1 on 08/15. On 08/27, I submitted a change of address to USCIS, on their website, and I got a confirmation letter shortly after. I did the biometrics on 09/02, and was thinking everything was going according to plan.

Then, on 09/17, we got a notice that they had tried to send mail to our old address, and of course it was returned to USCIS. I saw it on the 25th and called them and, surprise, apparently they still had our old address on file. Asked them to please change it again, and to please send us whatever they had tried to send before to us again. Apparently they can't tell us what it is (RFE?), and we need to wait for 30 days to be able to ask them to send it again.

Well, guess what? Today it's the 22nd, and we still have not received anything. This is so frustrating! I was expecting to have to sit for 3 months at home waiting for processing, but it seems it's going to be some 5 months, if we can get them to mail the package to us.

Not sure there is anything else we could do here, but if anybody has any ideas, please let me know.

Cheers!

i am victom of same situation. But let me ask. How did you go through the change of address? did you select I485 and then selected I131 and I765 as affiliated cases with it? If yes, then this is the problem. You should do it seperately for I485 and then seperately for I131 and then separately for I765 and similarly you should receive confirmation for all the three separately in mail in your new address...

N-400, Naturalization Journey:

Filing date: April 11, 2018

Filing method: Online

NOA1 date: April 12, 2018

Biometrics date: April 25, 2018

Interview scheduled/rescheduled: Jan 11, 2019/Feb 13, 2019

Placed in line for Oath: Feb 15, 2019

Oath scheduled for: Mar 21, 2019

Journey of Removal of Conditions:

I-751 Petition for removal of conditions sent: Apr 12, 2017

USPS delivered package: Apr 13, 2017 

NOA1 received: Apr 21, 2017

Biometrics appointment received: May 6, 2017 for May 15, 2017

Biometrics early walk-in: May 11, 2017

New card is being produced: Feb 13, 2019 (right after N-400 interview)

New Card was Mailed and Received: Feb 15, 2019/Feb 21, 2019

I-129 filed : Jan 01,2014

K1 interview: Jun 29, 2014

POE : Aug 13, 2014 (seattle)

---------------------------------------

AOS, EAD & AP FILED: Aug 30, 2014

NOA1: Sept 02, 2014 (Hard copies Sept 23,2014)

Biometrics: Letter received on Sept 26, 2014 (appointment Oct 09) biometrics early walkin completed on sept 29, 2014

Card in production Oct 3, 2014 (EAD was approved in 34 days)

Card mailed to address  Oct 09, 2014

To be Delivered on Oct 11, 2014 but got forwarded since USCIS mailed it to my old address 

Sent back to sender by USPS Oct 11,2014

Received by USCIS Oct 24,2014

Status updated on USCIS website and called 1-800 number to update address Oct 25, 2014

EAD/Ap re-mailed Oct 27,2014 (but no tracking #)

FINALLY received EAD/AP Nov 3, 2014  (starting work this Monday)

Interview Waiver Letter Dec 18, 2014 (6months wait)

Never thought would do this but Sent EAD for renewal July 06, 2015

EAD/AP renewal received by USCIS and NOA 1 mailed July 07,2015

I-485: Case updated, Welcome Notice was mailed  (07/09/15) Took 6 months and 27 days from the date of NPIW and after 10 months and 2 days of NOA 1

Welcome Notice hard copy received in mail, GC should arrive in 3 weeks (07/13/15)<p>

I went green and received my Green Card on (07/29/15)

There's been glitches, crashes and failures in the system for a long time now unfortunately. It's difficult to see the light at the end but it's there I promise. Can you get an immigration lawyer to help you?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based main forum to Progress Reports sub-forum - topic is case status ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Immigration lawyers don't really do much.

Sometimes it's even slower going through a lawyer...cause now your forms are going through another party...more delays can happen.

Computer glitches suck but...oh technology. Can't live with it, can't live without it

May 29, 2013 - Finally!!! I-129F and associated forms delivered!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

August 19, 2013 - NOA2! (email)

October 10, 2013 - NVC has our case, Vancouver number assigned

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

February 18, 2014 - Packet 3 Submitted

February 20, 2014 - Packet 4!!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

May 7, 2014 - Consulate Interview

May 13, 2014 - K1 visa in hand!!!

July 2, 2014 - POE (Sweetgrass)<p>

July 23, 2014 - apply for EI (mother of god that was confusing...)<p>

August 11, 2014 - finally get hitched!

September 16, 2014 - send off AOS/AP/EAD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.