Danrog

IR-1 denial twice now what's the process??????

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My husband got 221g in his first embassy interview n later got refusal n after getting NOIR letter reaffirmed the case n got second embassy interview n got denial in second interview too so what I can do can I file a new petition or should I have to wait for any letter from USCIS or if I need to wait for USCIS then what is the time frame that they gonna contact me I'm really tired of this waiting please if anybody can help me I would really appreciate that.

Timeline

What reason did they gave for denial? Where was the interview

Interview was in New Delhi US Embassy n first time they refused by saying marriage is not bonafied n second time they saying Marriage certificate is invalid but we have all the evidence to prove that our marriage n marriage certificate is 100% original n valid.

Provide more details and people will help.

- USC petitioner - age, race, religion, education, employment, prior marriages and or children

- beneficiary - age, race, religion, education, employment, prior marriages and or children

- met where - online, facebook, matchmaking, arranged marriage

- married after how many months/visits?

- married following all normal and customary rules in the beneficiary country?

- how many times USC visited or beneficiary visited and for how many days/weeks/months?

- beneficiary's family (parents, siblings) knows and approves of marriage?

- petitioner's family (parents, siblings) knows and approves of marriage?

Edited by milimelo

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline

Provide more details and people will help.

- USC petitioner - age, race, religion, education, employment, prior marriages and or children

- beneficiary - age, race, religion, education, employment, prior marriages and or children

- met where - online, facebook, matchmaking, arranged marriage

- married after how many months/visits?

- married following all normal and customary rules in the beneficiary country?

- how many times USC visited or beneficiary visited and for how many days/weeks/months?

- beneficiary's family (parents, siblings) knows and approves of marriage?

- petitioner's family (parents, siblings) knows and approves of marriage?

USC petitioner:-

Age - 36

Race - Latin American

Religion - Hindu

Education - Graduate

Employment - general clerk

Prior marriage - yes

Children - one

Beneficiary:-

Age - 35

Race - Indian

Religion - Hindu

Education - diploma

Prior marriage - no

Children - no

Met - online dating site

Married after 1 1/2 years of knowing each other.

Married according to all rituals n registered wid court.

USC visited 6 times since wedding in 3 years.

Beneficiary - mom n one sibling father passed away n they r happy wid relation.

Petitioner - mom n sibling happy wid relation n father passed away.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My husband got 221g in his first embassy interview n later got refusal n after getting NOIR letter reaffirmed the case n got second embassy interview n got denial in second interview too so what I can do can I file a new petition or should I have to wait for any letter from USCIS or if I need to wait for USCIS then what is the time frame that they gonna contact me I'm really tired of this waiting please if anybody can help me I would really appreciate that.

You need to seek more specifics within India forum about your marriage certificate. This happened also to my friend in Pakistan and it was actually the way the officials filed it it was not accepted at embassy. You need to check with others what they submitted compared to yours.

Your options filing another petition isn't going to get you anywhere. You need to know why. Now you say that certificate which seems odd they would deny over a certificate instead of telling you to get a new one.

I would involve my senator /congressman immediately.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

You need to seek more specifics within India forum about your marriage certificate. This happened also to my friend in Pakistan and it was actually the way the officials filed it it was not accepted at embassy. You need to check with others what they submitted compared to yours.

Your options filing another petition isn't going to get you anywhere. You need to know why. Now you say that certificate which seems odd they would deny over a certificate instead of telling you to get a new one.

I would involve my senator /congressman immediately.

I can do that but I still dint get wat is the next procesure n how much time it'll gonna take n when I can take any action against this irresponsible decision.

Timeline

I can do that but I still dint get wat is the next procesure n how much time it'll gonna take n when I can take any action against this irresponsible decision.

Well this was a reaffirm interview. So again your petition is being sent back to be revoked. No one knows what USCIS will decide whether to just deny you outright or ask for whatever it is that they need. It's a waiting game yet again. Thais is why you need your congressman on it.

I have a friend they were denied at their reaffirm interview. Petition came back in August and USCIS told them it would be July of next year before they even look at it.

Timeline on a denied Reaffirm I don;t think there is one.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Well this was a reaffirm interview. So again your petition is being sent back to be revoked. No one knows what USCIS will decide whether to just deny you outright or ask for whatever it is that they need. It's a waiting game yet again. Thais is why you need your congressman on it.

I have a friend they were denied at their reaffirm interview. Petition came back in August and USCIS told them it would be July of next year before they even look at it.

Timeline on a denied Reaffirm I don;t think there is one.

Thanks for the info one more thing can I file a new petition instead of waiting for uscis reply this time.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Oh, Gosh. your interview took place in New Delhi. My spouse's interview will be scheduled in New Delhi very soon.

1) Where was your marriage certificate issued? (what city/town and which court)

2) Is your marriage certificate an apostille marriage certificate (showing seal stamp -- official certificate) or attestated marriage certificate (signed by court judge)?

3) Do you have a lawyer?

You might get affidavit of marriage letter(s) - witness, priest, family members, parents, siblings, under oath. but not sure if they are acceptable. I have a friend who had issues with marriage certificate that didn't show apostille stamp. He (US citizen - petitioner) and his wfie went to the court to request the valid legitimate certificate with seal stamp (like lion stamp or state stamp, etc.) in south India so US consular officer in Mumbai approved and issued visa for his wife.

but like people in this forum suggested, try to contact a senator or one of House respresentatives in your state where petitioner lives.

Edited by spousewaitingvisa

Filed: Timeline

sorry to hear it , my case was rejected too at interview but i was able to stop my case at embassy level , what you need to do now , get a good lawyer so he/she can guide you , u must be doing some mistake , you need to work on same case , filing new petition wont help they will reject it again , they have doubts on your marriage so you need to convince them, that you have bonafied marriage , get all documents that can prove your marriage is real.

Timeline

Thanks for the info one more thing can I file a new petition instead of waiting for uscis reply this time.

You have to understand a submitting a new petition doesn't fix what is broken. You still have the same issues. You need to fix them first then wait diligently for the USCIS outcome. If denied then refile. But refiling gains you nothing. It would be the same thing all over again. Get a lawyer.

Let me post this in the interview thread so others from India maybe can give incite.

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Oh, Gosh. your interview took place in New Delhi. My spouse's interview will be scheduled in New Delhi very soon.

1) Where was your marriage certificate issued? (what city/town and which court)

2) Is your marriage certificate an apostille marriage certificate (showing seal stamp -- official certificate) or attestated marriage certificate (signed by court judge)?

I India.. 2 types of Marriage Certificate... One you get after religious ceremony and one by Special Marriage Act... The Law is same for all states except Jammu & Kashmir

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.