Smelserjl

More proof of relationship at interview and during NVC paperwork stage

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone,

During the I-130 stage of the visa process, I submitted lots of evidence of my relationship with my husband in addition to our marriage certificate: pictures, copies of plane tickets, itineraries, copies of letters and notes, and copies of letters individuals had written (bona fide letters). Should my husband bring these things to the interview even though we submitted copies to DHS during the I-130 stage? I know all of these things are sent to the NVC, but I worry that he'll need those in addition to photocopies of documents (marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc).

Also, is it worth sending more evidence of a relationship when I submit AOS and IV paperwork? I'm putting this altogether now and I recently took a trip to visit my husband so I wonder if I should submit pictures and plane tickets

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

During our IV paperwork, we submitted more evidence, and during our interview we went with more evidence, the CO was surprised and even told my husband that is enough and we were approved. Being a high fraud country i mean Egypt. you have to turn in more evidence, when submitting the IV documents, add up more evidence and during his interview, all the evidences that you have submitted, make sure he go along with all the copies should incase they loose one of your documents. As for us, they lost our marriage certificate and we had to get another one before we were approved though it only delayed it for few more days. so its a good thing that you have a lot of evidence to add up to your petition

You don't have to submit anything that you already submitted again, but you should bring the originals to the interview. Any evidence that wasn't already submitted, meaning that you obtained it after submitting the I-130 or any evidence you had before that, you can also bring to the interview.

It never hurts to have too much evidence of the bona fides.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Not everything is sent on from the USCIS to the NVC. It's best to bring everything.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm sending originals and photocopies of the marriage certificate, birth certificates, police records and military records. I thought I would get those back at the interview, so do I need ANOTHER original just in case? Good lord, I cant wait until all this is over.

The docs you send to the NVC are sent to the consulate, i.e. the birth, marriage, police, etc, so you don't have to worry about bringing extra copies of those to the interview. Unless they require any updated forms, for example in my country they require an updated police cert. To the interview you want to bring the original versions of the things you sent with the I-130 and any other evidence you may have.

Edited by Ian H.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.