mhall16931

interview scheduled 2 1/2 weeks before NOA2 expires, how do I get an extensions?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Can anyone help me here?

My fiance has an interview scheduled just two and a half weeks before the expiration date

of our NOA2.

We didn't receive it until the end of August

just prior to the start of the school year there

She is a teacher in the college in her area

and has not been able to get the time off of work

to schedule it until then.

After an RFE and it's answer and dealing with the Russian customs officials rejecting

a packet of documents that I sent her for the interview and scurrying to find

ways to get her the documents she needs short of scheduling another overseas trip

Now, I'm nervous that when she goes for her interview, the process will slow down again

and will take more time than our NOA2 allows,,

Please help if you can,

I've come too far to be shot down at the end of it

thank you all in advance

Mark

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I believe you can just call the Embassy and request an extension. I have heard of many cases that were extended for one reason or another and yours should not be an exception. If they will not do it (grant the extension) over the phone, at the very least, they can tell you what you need to do to get one.

Btw, may I ask how you shipped the documents? I am curious what prompted Russian customs agents to reject a packet of papers (other than anti-American bias perhaps).

Good luck to you and hope it all works out (I am sure it will) :)

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

Expire time on noa2 doesnt count, they extend automatically.

I had my interview one month later noa2 ''expired''

Consulate extend, you can go to your interview after the expired date on noa2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

As noted the expiration date is really meaningless. It will automatically be extended.

To ease your mind you can always e-mail the embassy about. They will confirm the auto extension.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you all for your replies!

I've just been a nervous nellie through this whole thing, too much can go wrong dealing with the governments.

I will call the consulate tomorrow, to request the extension

a special note to Texasav8r: I shipped my documents in a standard manilla envelope, bank statements, tax records, employment verification and the I-134,

in all their were about 80 pieces of paper. My shipper said they may have rejected it because it may have been too big. about 2 lbs. Everything was labeled correctly, and the envelope was even stamped with the word "Documents". I didn't want her to have to labor with organizing the packet, so I did myself, which ended up being a 225 dollar loss. I regrouped, and scanned everything except for the documents that needed an original signature and emailed them to her. This time, I put four pieces of paper in a business size envelope and shipped them again. cost 163 dollars. But, they made it to her. But, now she has to organize the packet, and our regulations are confusing to her

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.