Pianist27

My silly mistake on G-325A form caused an RFE, help!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I got an RFE asking for a "properly completed and signed" G-325A for both petitioner (me) and my beneficiary. As I look at the scans I made of both before submitting them, I realize my stupid mistake.

On her G-325A, in the bottom box where it states "Applicant print your name and alien registration number"...., when we both filled these out, she wrote her name in her native alphabet in that box.

I have two choices here:

1) Get her to sign a new one and courier it to me, which will take time.

2) Take liquid paper to the second copy I have (with her actual signature) and correct the mistake and overnight it back.

Is #2 too risky?

Do not use corrective fluid on any papers.

Get her to sign a new one and send it to you.

Also it has to be a wet signature, so even if using corrector was acceptable, it would be a copy not original.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Timeline

Thanks for replying, but I think I didn't explain the problem clearly. When I last visited my fiance, we completed any paperwork that would require her signature (G325a and letter of intent). We printed out several copies of each, and she signed each of them. I distributed these several copies among my suitcases to make sure at least one would arrive when I got home. :)

Each of the copies of the G325s has the same mistake, specifically that her name is written incorrectly in the lowermost box (we wrote it in Cyrillic characters for some stupid reason). So, I have a "wet signature" on several G325s I can use, but I need to correct that bottom box.

It's in that box I want to use "white out" or "liquid paper" and then fix it, this way, I can send in a G325A which has her actual signature. I am NOT proposing modifying her signature in any way.

Edited by Pianist27

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

You're making changes to a document that's already been signed. The signature comes AFTER correctly filling out the form, not before. The white-out will be a giveaway and will be sure to raise suspicion.

The stakes are even higher since you've already gotten an RFE. It is essential that you get it right when you respond to it, which is why you should do things the right way and complete a new form and get the signature.

Timeline

Interesting - according to a memo from 2005, adjudicators need not require that the G-325a be signed by the foreign beneficiary, meaning that I could just create a new one for her. I wonder if this is still true - the latest post I could find was from 2009. I think I'll start a separate post about this question, perhaps I can save some time.

Timeline

I just found that same memo through Google. Assuming it's still in effect, I still think you'd be taking a risk because history has shown that not all adjudicators are aware of all procedures and have been known to issue some pretty silly RFEs.

How long would it realistically take for your fiancee to send you a new form? A week? Two weeks?

Timeline

A week, maybe two total, and courier fees. But what if that week is the one before my adjudicator takes a 2 week vacation? :)

I'd certainly include the memo with my RFE in case they didn't see it, but I suspect they wouldn't consider it a credible source if they were unaware of the rule.

• 3 months later...
Timeline

I just mailed out the I-129f package. On her G-325a, I misspelled her mom's first name.

I used wite out and corrected it.

Should I expect a RFE for this?

2/14/2015 Sent I-129f package to TX lockbox. Happy Valentine's Day!

2/26/2015 NOA1 received, dated 2/19/2015

3/24/15 NOA2 received, dated 3/19/15

early April(approximate): at NVC ..delay?

4/08/15 Case created. Got case #,

5/16/15 NVC status: 'In Transit'

5/18/15 visa status: 'Ready' for interview

7/3/15 setup medical and visa interview appointments for

7/22/15 and 7/27/15 via Kyiv's 'call center'

7/27/15 visas approved!! ...but pending medical tests for 6 year-old

9/21/15 visa package received, and medical resolved!

Dont follow that memo, all g-325A forms need be signed by the beneficiary.

But if you dont care about your petition then correct it yourself and send it.

But be concience that you arent going to get a new rfe, when they get your reponse and they dont get what they are asking for, they are going to deny the petition.

They dont send 2 rfe by the same issue.

So take the risk and send a wrong reponse and you will be deny and start over again.

Interesting - according to a memo from 2005, adjudicators need not require that the G-325a be signed by the foreign beneficiary, meaning that I could just create a new one for her. I wonder if this is still true - the latest post I could find was from 2009. I think I'll start a separate post about this question, perhaps I can save some time.

Timeline

I just mailed out the I-129f package. On her G-325a, I misspelled her mom's first name.

I don't think the poster above me paid attention to the dates of your posts.

As for this new issue, I don't think it's a problem. In fact, I noticed a spelling mistake on the beneficiary's G-325A after I submitted it (beneficiary's mom's first name) and wrote to the consulate asking if it would be an issue at the interview. They said it would not be.

If you caught the mistake before you sent off the form, what would the problem be?

Timeline

I don't think the poster above me paid attention to the dates of your posts.

As for this new issue, I don't think it's a problem. In fact, I noticed a spelling mistake on the beneficiary's G-325A after I submitted it (beneficiary's mom's first name) and wrote to the consulate asking if it would be an issue at the interview. They said it would not be.

If you caught the mistake before you sent off the form, what would the problem be?

No RFE's yet, but my concern is not about correcting a mistake before sending.

It's about my use of 'wite-out', to correct the spelling of her mom's first name...

2/14/2015 Sent I-129f package to TX lockbox. Happy Valentine's Day!

2/26/2015 NOA1 received, dated 2/19/2015

3/24/15 NOA2 received, dated 3/19/15

early April(approximate): at NVC ..delay?

4/08/15 Case created. Got case #,

5/16/15 NVC status: 'In Transit'

5/18/15 visa status: 'Ready' for interview

7/3/15 setup medical and visa interview appointments for

7/22/15 and 7/27/15 via Kyiv's 'call center'

7/27/15 visas approved!! ...but pending medical tests for 6 year-old

9/21/15 visa package received, and medical resolved!

Timeline

So you didn't read the previous posts in this thread, because if you had, you would have learned that it's never a good idea to use correction fluid or modify documents AFTER other people have signed them. What you did is technically illegal, although I'm fairly certain it won't be an issue in the long run. But you've given yourself an extra headache in this process that you get to carry around until the day your petition/visa is approved.

Yes you should expect an RFE. You altered a document that was already signed, rendering the document unacceptable. They will likely request a new G-325A from your fiancée.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.