EmpressJA

How long does it take USCIS to ship after NOA2?

165 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It's been a little over a week since I've gotten NOA2 and I'm just wondering if I should call USCIS because I haven't received any notice of my case being shipped to NVC as of yet..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

It's been a little over a week since I've gotten NOA2 and I'm just wondering if I should call USCIS because I haven't received any notice of my case being shipped to NVC as of yet..

Mine was approved on 8/18 and shipped out on 8/29 so it takes them some time. Nebraska seems to be the only one that send an email notification regarding the shipping ot he approved I-130 as well. Not sure about the other service centers.

:wub: God's timing is always perfect. . . :star:"Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!" (Luke 1:45) ^_^

I-130 Petition (Spouse): 2/20/14: NOA1; 8/18/14: NOA2

NVC Process (IR1)
09/17/14: Case received / Case # and IIN assigned
09/18/14: Submitted DS-261
10/08/14: Received Welcome email
10/10/14: Paid AOS bill
10/16/14: Paid IV bill
10/18/14: Completed DS-260
10/21/14: AOS & IV received / scan date
12/15/14: Case Complete (N/A then phone confirmation)
02/18/15: Biometrics Appt.
02/25/15: Consular Interview (APPROVED!!)
03/05/15: POE at San Ysidro Port of Entry (by car)

Timeline

Mine was approved on 8/18 and shipped out on 8/29 so it takes them some time. Nebraska seems to be the only one that send an email notification regarding the shipping ot he approved I-130 as well. Not sure about the other service centers.

Oh ok thank you because I told someone I was approved and they freaked me out by saying it should have already been sent to nvc already..

Timeline

You got an email notification it was shipped?? Mine was at Nebraska too and I haven't gotten anything like that. Mine was approved on 9/20, and when I called USCIS today (almost 3 weeks later) to ask about shipping it to NVC, they refused to tell me anything. First I had called NVC, who told me I need to allow 5 weeks from my approval date for them to receive it. Then I called USCIS and they told me to allow 90 days from approval date. Then a USCIS supervisor told me to allow 30 days from approval date, then call NVC, then if NVC hasn't received it THEN I can ask USCIS about it again. But both people at USCIS told me that they DON'T give out the date that it was sent to NVC. I'm already frustrated. 3 different timeframes from 3 different people? Really?? :ranting:

Timeline

You got an email notification it was shipped?? Mine was at Nebraska too and I haven't gotten anything like that. Mine was approved on 9/20, and when I called USCIS today (almost 3 weeks later) to ask about shipping it to NVC, they refused to tell me anything. First I had called NVC, who told me I need to allow 5 weeks from my approval date for them to receive it. Then I called USCIS and they told me to allow 90 days from approval date. Then a USCIS supervisor told me to allow 30 days from approval date, then call NVC, then if NVC hasn't received it THEN I can ask USCIS about it again. But both people at USCIS told me that they DON'T give out the date that it was sent to NVC. I'm already frustrated. 3 different timeframes from 3 different people? Really?? :ranting:

What does it say when you check your case status? Shouldn't it at lease tell us there when it was shipped? Wow that's crazy..

Timeline

What does it say when you check your case status? Shouldn't it at lease tell us there when it was shipped? Wow that's crazy..

Nope, it only shows the date they mailed the notice to me that it was approved.

Post Decision Activity

On September 20, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN.

Timeline

Post Decision Activity

On September 20, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN.

hey maybe they haven't shipped it because I've seen other cases where it'll say when they ship..

Post Decision Activity

On September 12, 2014, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

Timeline

Post Decision Activity

Yes, I received an email on 8/29 that it was shipped and when i checked on the USCIS website, the status had also changed to it being shipped to NVC on 8/29.

My suggestion? Both USCIS & NVC truly suck, and you will definitely not enjoy the ride at NVC so try to take everything calmly and have plenty of patience (I know, that's hard for us).

After 8/29, i called about a week later to see if NVC had received it and they told me the same thing, to wait 5 weeks from the date on the NOA2 for them to "receive" it. Just FYI that when they say "receive" it means that they scan it into their system that day. Technically it's in the building for some time but they don't process these things right away, that's why it takes so much time for them to "receive" the file (aka scan it into their system).

I suggest you both look into the NVC thread for this month (if you haven't done so already) and familiarize yourself with the NVC process and get as much ready for the NVC as possible. This was the only way i avoided going crazy!! LOL....best of luck. Here are the two threads.

This one is to ask questions regarding the NVC process and give status updates: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/516671-nvc-filers-october-2014/

This one is to rant and complain about how much you hate/dislike NVC :) : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/516597-the-nvc-october-moral-supportranting-thread/

:wub: God's timing is always perfect. . . :star:"Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!" (Luke 1:45) ^_^

I-130 Petition (Spouse): 2/20/14: NOA1; 8/18/14: NOA2

NVC Process (IR1)
09/17/14: Case received / Case # and IIN assigned
09/18/14: Submitted DS-261
10/08/14: Received Welcome email
10/10/14: Paid AOS bill
10/16/14: Paid IV bill
10/18/14: Completed DS-260
10/21/14: AOS & IV received / scan date
12/15/14: Case Complete (N/A then phone confirmation)
02/18/15: Biometrics Appt.
02/25/15: Consular Interview (APPROVED!!)
03/05/15: POE at San Ysidro Port of Entry (by car)

You can call as often and when ever you want. I somehow found some kind of strength in calling once a day. I guess it made me feel like I was doing something positive. Of course it really didn't make any difference but it did make me feel less hopeless. I say call not and call every day if you like. You are paying for these people to do their job so call'em.

Good luck and God Bless you both,

David & Zoila

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

NVC can be slow sometimes .. It took us 2weeka to get the letter from them xD

K1

AOS

ROC

09/14/2017 : Package Sent (CSC)

09/15/2017 : Package Received (CSC)

09/15/2017 : NOA1 Date

10/12/2017 : Biometrics

--/--/---- : Interview

--/--/---- : Decision

N400

09/01/2018 : Application Sent (online)

--/--/---- NOA1 Date

--/--/---- : Biometrics

--/--/---- : Interview

--/--/---- : Decision

So it's not gonna be easy.

It's going to be really hard;

we're gonna have to work at this everyday,

but I want to do that because I want you.

I want all of you, forever, everyday.

You and me.. everyday.

___The NoteBook

Timeline

You can call as often and when ever you want. I somehow found some kind of strength in calling once a day. I guess it made me feel like I was doing something positive. Of course it really didn't make any difference but it did make me feel less hopeless. I say call not and call every day if you like. You are paying for these people to do their job so call'em.

Good luck and God Bless you both,

David & Zoila

thank you I will give them a call tomorrow morning..

NVC can be slow sometimes .. It took us 2weeka to get the letter from them xD

Our case hasn't even left USCIS yet..

Timeline

We were approved the 24th July...shipped 12th Aug.

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

Passport for USC 6/10 thru 28/2013 19 days

First face to face meeting Nov. 4th 2013 dancin5hr.gif

Married 19 November 2013 heart.gif

:energy: USCIS-TSC

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

24/7/2014 NOA-2 {135 days} :dancing:

12/8/2014 Case Shipped {NVC} :dancing:

:energy: NVC

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

31/8/2014 DS-261 submitted

3/9/2014 NVC billed AOS & paid

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

21/10/2014 IV package sent

21/11/2014 Case complete :dance:(L)

03/12/2014 Interview scheduled

08/12/2014 NVC shipped to Embassy "In Transit"

12/12/2014 Ceac shows "Ready"

:energy:Consulate

15/12/2014 Consulate received

07-08/01/2015 Medical {Passed!!!!}

26/01/2015 Interview results {APPROVED} :dance:(L)

26/01/2015 DHL Air Waybill created online

28/01/2015 Air Waybill shows "In Transit" :yes:

29/01/2015 Visa ready for pick up {DHL}

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

The warmth of true friendship and the love that binds the hearts of husband and wife are a foretaste of heaven. God has ordained that there should be perfect love and perfect harmony between those who enter into the marriage relation. Let bride and bridegroom in the presence of the heavenly universe pledge themselves to love one another as God has ordained they should. {LYL}

Thought to share our journey for those who need the encouragement!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

mine was approved 9/23. per uscis website, it said they shipped the approved petition on 9/26. called the NVC last night and spoke to an agent after an hour wait, luckily the lady agent i spoke to was very nice and helpful. she said they received my file on oct 7 and has assigned the NVC case number, Invoice ID number and Beneficiary ID number. so pretty much it took about two weeks for my case to get the case number from the time it was approved. but then again mine is I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance. it seems to me they work faster on this type of petition coz there is a validity period for the approval of just 4 months. though the consular officer at the embassy has the right to extend the validity of the approval.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

I got NOA2 for I-130 on September 19th. Today I got a text and email from USCIS that they are shipping my case to Department of State. Took them over 2 weeks for my case. Hope that helps.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Post Decision Activity

My approval notice was September 19th from Nebraska and it was shipped today October 9th. I think yours should be sent either this Friday or coming Monday

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.