donuthole

Still waiting for request for evidence (rfe) after i-485 interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello,

Does anyone know how long it takes for the USCIS to issue a RFE? My wife and I had an interview two weeks ago. The IO said that since it's been over 2 years after the case was filed, I had to redo my medical exam and resubmit the affidavit of support, because he couldn't find it at the moment of interview, so he would mail us a Request for Evidence letter that would list everything that I need to send him. Like I said, it's been two weeks now, and neither my lawyer nor I had received any correspondence from USCIS. My case status hasn't been updated either. Should I wait or is it time for me to call them? Thanks.

Timeline

Depending on the embassy's workload, it may take longer. I would wait at least 30 days...

Best of luck!

Thank you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello,

Does anyone know how long it takes for the USCIS to issue a RFE? My wife and I had an interview two weeks ago. The IO said that since it's been over 2 years after the case was filed, I had to redo my medical exam and resubmit the affidavit of support, because he couldn't find it at the moment of interview, so he would mail us a Request for Evidence letter that would list everything that I need to send him. Like I said, it's been two weeks now, and neither my lawyer nor I had received any correspondence from USCIS. My case status hasn't been updated either. Should I wait or is it time for me to call them? Thanks.

Call and check on your case status. Let them know you have not received the RFE information the IO said they would send you. You may need to speak to a tier 2 IO when calling. You also have the option of making Infopass appointment and going in person to ask about your case status and what you need to provide them. You know you need the medical and the updated I-864, so you could go ahead and get those done and take the documents with you to the Infopass appointment and see if they will accept them while you are there in person.

Depending on the embassy's workload, it may take longer. I would wait at least 30 days...

Best of luck!

AOS has nothing to do with an embassy.

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based main forum to Progress Reports sub-forum - topic is case status ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Call and check on your case status. Let them know you have not received the RFE information the IO said they would send you. You may need to speak to a tier 2 IO when calling. You also have the option of making Infopass appointment and going in person to ask about your case status and what you need to provide them. You know you need the medical and the updated I-864, so you could go ahead and get those done and take the documents with you to the Infopass appointment and see if they will accept them while you are there in person.

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based main forum to Progress Reports sub-forum - topic is case status ~

I have no desire to debate this matter with you, it would be useless and serve absolutely no purpose! the OP stated that his wife had an interview and an RFE would be issued. I assumed that the embassy would be the one to issue the RFE and process the evidence/documents submitted as a result. Perhaps, as a rocket scientist, you know more about this than me, perhaps...

Timeline

That's a good idea. I hasn't been a month yet since the date of the interview, so I wonder if it would make more sense to wait a week or two and then make an appointment... I just don't wanna pressure them assuming that they don't like that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have no desire to debate this matter with you, it would be useless and serve absolutely no purpose! the OP stated that his wife had an interview and an RFE would be issued. I assumed that the embassy would be the one to issue the RFE and process the evidence/documents submitted as a result. Perhaps, as a rocket scientist, you know more about this than me, perhaps...

As a rocket scientist, I do. The subject title of this post states they had an I-485 interview, and it was posted in the AOS forum(and they mentioned they are dealing with the USCIS). Adjustment of status is done within the US. Not sure what there would be to debate.

That's a good idea. I hasn't been a month yet since the date of the interview, so I wonder if it would make more sense to wait a week or two and then make an appointment... I just don't wanna pressure them assuming that they don't like that.

You could wait until 30 days after your interview, and then start to ask them about what is going on with your case.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

As a rocket scientist, I do. The subject title of this post states they had an I-485 interview, and it was posted in the AOS forum(and they mentioned they are dealing with the USCIS). Adjustment of status is done within the US. Not sure what there would be to debate.

You could wait until 30 days after your interview, and then start to ask them about what is going on with your case.

I guess I'm quite limited i terms of options here; so, as you suggested, I'm just gonna wait for 30 days and then start bugging them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.