esmurillo

HELP! I messed up :(

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Ok so I messed up, I put in my fiancee's birthdate on both I-129f and G-325a as 7-4-1989 instead of 4-7-1989 becuase of the confusion with the way they write their dates in Venezuela they always go dd/mm/yyyy is this a major problem??

TIA :(

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : California Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Caracas, Venezuela I-129F Sent : 2014-09-15 I-129F NOA1 : 2014-09-19

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You would have to get that fixed, contact customer service.

That won't work. Send updated forms if you receive an RFE or to your fiance to give at the interview.

They'll figure it out, not to worry.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Ok so I messed up, I put in my fiancee's birthdate on both I-129f and G-325a as 7-4-1989 instead of 4-7-1989 becuase of the confusion with the way they write their dates in Venezuela they always go dd/mm/yyyy is this a major problem??

TIA :(

Call Customer Service, they should be able to correct that for you in the electronic system. There may be a fee associated with it, but it shouldn't effect your petition, if the Tier 1 reps give you a hard time about it, ask to speak to a Tier 2.

There's a call back service you can opt in for. You won't lose your place in line, and they'll call you back on the phone you called on when your place in line is up next. It save you minutes and you don't have to be on the phone for 2-3 hours. The wait for a T2 Rep is long.

~ Don't forget to 'Vote Up' useful advice from others ~

K1 Visa Journey [April 11, 2013 - August 31, 2014]
[2014-09-20] !!! WEDDING !!!
[2014-09-22] Applied for SSN
[2014-09-26] Marriage License in Snail Mail
[2014-10-22] Notification of SSC in mail, will arrive "within 2 weeks"
[2014-10-27] SSC Arrived!

2015-04-30] Mailed AOS Package!
[2015-06-16] EAD Approved!
[2015-06-16] AP Approved!
[2015-06-23] EAD/AP Card Received!

[2015-10-02] AOS Approved (No Interview)!

[2015-10-07] Greencard Mailed

[2015-10-09] Approval Notice Recieved

[2015-10-09] Greencard Recieved!

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Igor's List | Advanced Search Tool | Q&A With a Former USCIS Adjudicator
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

Of course she should be able to call, that's what it says on the NOA1 from what I remember. If any info is incorrect please call customer service. Also she may not receive an RFE since I don't think the I-129F asks for a birth certificate or passport for the beneficiary so they'll go by what it says on the petition. Therefore, OP should get that fixed before the petition is processed.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Some of these things can be fixed at the interview when they will have your fiance's birth certificate to verify information. I had some issues with name's spelling after native letters conversion to English. I contacted the embassy and they informed me that something like this can be taken care of at the time of the interview.

You may still contact NVC to have this fixed.

Edited by NoProblem

07/27/17 - K1 packet sent at the end of day.

07/31/17 - NOA1

03/22/18 - NOA2

08/28/18 - expected date for medical completion - Sputum test was needed

09/22/18 - anticipated interview date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Mistake in my birthdate also happened to me. My fiance called the customer service to have it corrected. And we track our case online, it says " On July 5, 2014, your date of birth was updated relating to your I129F Petiton for Fiance. Please check our website for further update....etc". And we got our NOA2 on 3rd week of August. We were not asked of RFE.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Mistake in my birthdate also happened to me. My fiance called the customer service to have it corrected. And we track our case online, it says " On July 5, 2014, your date of birth was updated relating to your I129F Petiton for Fiance. Please check our website for further update....etc". And we got our NOA2 on 3rd week of August. We were not asked of RFE.

Typo error..It was on July 1 not July 5. Anyway, here's the screenshot of my case status online when I was waiting for my NOA2.

post-191879-0-81437100-1411919060_thumb.jpg

dd/mm/yyyy is how I believe everyone in damn world should do it.

Everywhere I go in the states they always think I'm born in September and not June because of this!

I have to correct the bank and when I applied for our new house.. Super annoying.

It's not a huge deal just contact them like everyone else said and get a correction.

They understand this issue, uscis even wrote mine the wrong way round themselves on one of their letters to me.

Grrrrrr ?

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.