JoelyLeidy

How much chat history is enough before I file our I-129F?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We are just starting on our journey! I am in the process of putting out package together to send off to Dallas. i am wondering how much chat history, phone records are enough? My beautiful fiancee is from Colombia and we met there in August. I have about 20 days of good chat history, including Skype, Whatsapp, and telephone. The visit is well documented airline tickets, hotel, passport stamps, etc. Should we hold off and file the I129F until we have a good solid month? Or is this enough and just keep good records until the Embassy interview? Thanks!!!

Not much is necessary regarding chat history. You need to prove you met within 2 years of filing, and you do that through the passport stamps, receipts etc that you have. Best save most of the proof of ongoing relationship at the interview stage. For now, a few chat logs, several pictures and some phone records are more than enough. Focus more on the proof of meeting in person, and make sure your forms are answered completely and correctly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

We did not send any chat or proof of phone calls. We attached images of us together on Christmas eve, me in the US, her here in Netherlands etc. - especially in front of national landmarks is a good idea, since those actually prove the location :) also copy of boarding passes, intiniaries, image and receipt of ring is a good idea. Unless you do not regular-ish meet each other I guess chat/emails might be a good idea.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Photos of both you together?

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We provided:

- Airline receipts and passport stamps.

- Photos together (we also listed the time-date-location of the photos).

- Receipts of any presents we had bought for one another.

-Engagement ring receipt (big if, don't buy one just for evidence).

I'm not sure how valuable chat/video logs are? They seem iffy in my opinion and difficult to prove that they are bona fide.

Best of luck.

Filed: Country: Norway
Timeline

You dont need chat history or anything of that now because uscis job is determine that you met in past 2 years

you can send

- passport stamp and copy of visas if any

- receipts

- pictures

- Boarding passes

I129F SENT: 09/11/2014

Package arrived to Tx: 09/15/2014

Processing Center: CSC

NOA1: 09/17/2014

Alien Number changed: 09/22/2014

NOA2: 10/18/2014

NOA2 HARD COPY: 10/23/2014

NVC RECEIVED: 11/03/2014

EMBASSY RECEIVED: 11/172014

MEDICAL EXAM: 01/15/2015

INTERVIEW: 02/09/2015

VISA APPROVED: Yes

Ceac status: Ready Immigrant ----- AP Nonimmigrant ------ Issued

VISA IN HAND:

TRAVEL DATE:

WEDDING:

AOS SENT:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

We are just starting on our journey! I am in the process of putting out package together to send off to Dallas. i am wondering how much chat history, phone records are enough?

It's not about quantity but content and quality.

My beautiful fiancee is from Colombia and we met there in August. I have about 20 days of good chat history, including Skype, Whatsapp, and telephone. The visit is well documented airline tickets, hotel, passport stamps, etc.

That's all that's needed for the 129f, documentation of the meeting in person.

Should we hold off and file the I129F until we have a good solid month?

No

Or is this enough and just keep good records until the Embassy interview?

Yes evidence of a bonafide relationship is for the interview.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

You don't need to send any chat logs for the initial I-129F petition, just a few pictures will be fine.

Here are a few threads you can read specific to Colombia:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/352613-colombia-club-part-iv/page-1 (English)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/473585-colombianos-con-visa-k-1-continuacion-7/ (Spanish)

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

The front loading differences between a country like the Netherlands/Norway, etc. are going to be different than Colombia. It is best to ask in the country specific forum for good advice for that particular consulate.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The front loading differences between a country like the Netherlands/Norway, etc. are going to be different than Colombia. It is best to ask in the country specific forum for good advice for that particular consulate.

I was going to say this. Well-intended advice in this situation can be like apples and oranges.

OP, well before the interview phase, and optimally before filing the I-129F petition, go atop any VJ page, click "Embassy Info" and "Reviews: Embassy," and study both the overall trends and the recent reviews. Pay closest attention to the worst stories. Also search your regional VJ forum for relevant threads.

USCIS will not care about evidence of a bona fide relationship, but the embassy or consulate certainly will. The consulate receives everything that you send to USCIS in the petition package.

You apparently have a short relationship history, in which event I wouldn't recommend taking any South American consulate lightly. (Fortunately, you're not dealing with Ecuador.) Front-load your I-129F petition with everything that you have that YOU want the Bogota consular officers to see. Build up more for the interview. "Time spent together in person" is always the best. Ask yourself, "would this piece of evidence help to persuade a suspicious third party of the bona fide nature of my relationship?"

Do the homework and prepare accordingly.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I had over 300 pages of chat history but I sent in less than 20. I sent what they wanted.......proof of interaction and meeting each other. So the chats consist of the first couple of days of talking and introducing ourselves to each other at the time. My fiance invited me to a trip to Spain......so that discussion was included with pictures. It showed our discussion of our flight plans to see each other and travel together. The chats included our flight arrangements and when we each were leaving to board the planes and flight schedules. And I matched the chats with picture dates and of course flight records that match the same time period with the pictures. The additional pictures showed our intimate times together and public outings including pictures taken by her young daughter and of course her daughter with me in the pictures and all of us posing together.

I don't think tons of pages of chat is required. They don't ask for all of that and I doubt they will read a books worth of chats.

08-27-18 :  I-129F package sent

08-29-18 : Package delivered

09-05-18 : text from USCIS 

09-11-18 : NOA1 hardcopy

02-01-19 : Notice of approval

03-11-19 : NVC Received Package

03-13-2019  Received Case Number from NVC

04-02-2019  Package Left NVC to Consulate 

04-08-2019   Notified by Consulate received Package and received Package 3 via email.
06-04-2019   Interview

07-31-2019 Received VISA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi! I'm sure you got a lot of other helpful responses from people, but I'll tell you what I did and it might help you as well!

Basically my fiancé and I chat 24/7 (We even fall asleep on Skype :whistle: so you can imagine how much things there are...)! Obviously there is no way in hell that I was about to screen shoot 2 years worth of information, so I called up my lawyer and asked her what to do. She basically told me to take a screenshot of one conversation per month. My fiancé and I chatted on viber/whatsapp/text messaging/calling/magic jack/skype/facebook. I basically took a screen shot of one "lovey dovey" chat per month and took screen shots of all our calls (on the phone/magic jack/skype/facebook callout/viber). It all came up to around 300 pages of screenshots. It was so much work though.. :dead: I hardly think they're going to read all of it anyways.

(L) Meike & Alex (L)

2nbu1cx.jpg

Got engaged :wub:(August 29th, 2014)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Click Spoiler to show i-129F K-1 Visa application processes

hgOf2QL.png?1

--------------------------------------------------------------------
November 16th - Applied for SS Card
November 16th - Got marriage certificate

November 20th - Married!!! <3
December 9th - AOS package sent

December 18th - NOA's received for all three!!

December 21st - NOA1 hard copy in the mail

Dec 30th - Bio-metrics letter in the mail

Jan 12th, 2016 - Bio-metrics completed!!

Jan 15th - RFIEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 23rd - RFIE response mailed back
Feb 26th - RFIE response received
March 8th - EAD/AP APPROVEDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!! (On my birthday too~)

March 16th - Card received in the mail~
May 17th - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!! NO INTERVIEW NEEDED

May 23rd - NOA approval in the mail

May 25th - Green card in HAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

Future ROC filing date: Feb 16th, 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.