Ragheb

My Interview Scheduled - What's Next??!

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

My interview scheduled next NOV. Now i'm trying to collect my documents but i need some clarifications about the interview & documents:

1. Where i shall translate my documents - any approved legal translate office will be okay?

2. Without Affidavit of Support, How much i should provide cash in my bank account? and does a letter from my company shows my end of service benefits will be considered?

3. If i could arrange Affidavit of Suppor, Should i go for I- 864 or I-134? And how & where to file the form.

Thanks

Not sure about translation in your country but usually any certified translator is fine.

Look at the US poverty guidelines to get an idea of how much you need to show - for a single adult, around $10000. Any assets you can show will be taken into account, so I guess if you will get a cash package on leaving that will count.

I134 is the one used for DV. Your sponsor needs to fill it in and sign it, and send it (along with the supporting documents as per the instructions for it) to you for you to present at your interview.

Filed: Timeline

Not sure about translation in your country but usually any certified translator is fine.

Look at the US poverty guidelines to get an idea of how much you need to show - for a single adult, around $10000. Any assets you can show will be taken into account, so I guess if you will get a cash package on leaving that will count.

I134 is the one used for DV. Your sponsor needs to fill it in and sign it, and send it (along with the supporting documents as per the instructions for it) to you for you to present at your interview.

Dear Susie,

Is it required to show you have specific amount of money during the interview for DV lottery Visas ?

Dear Susie,

Is it required to show you have specific amount of money during the interview for DV lottery Visas ?

It may be. There is a requirement to show that you won't be a public charge. This depends on a combination of factors such as age, education etc. They may or may not ask to see assets, bank accounts etc. It's better to be prepared in case they do ask. Even if they don't ask, remember that moving will be expensive and you will need some savings to help set you up - rental deposits, furniture and so on until you find a job.

Thanks a lot Susie,

Filed: Timeline

It may be. There is a requirement to show that you won't be a public charge. This depends on a combination of factors such as age, education etc. They may or may not ask to see assets, bank accounts etc. It's better to be prepared in case they do ask. Even if they don't ask, remember that moving will be expensive and you will need some savings to help set you up - rental deposits, furniture and so on until you find a job.

Thanks Susie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.