Sarahnick

Evidence

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Me and my fiancé are just about to finish our i129f package this weekend, during our relationship (about a 7months) we have had about 2,5months away from each other but we did speak every day and he visited me just last week in Sweden, and from February until late June I had a US visa and we have lots of pictures and stuff from that time but do you guys think we should include the chat history from these 2 months apart in our package?

We have included more thing when we actually met and did things together rather than chat history and call lists and such..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's is considered secondary evidence but you can still include it. The best forms of evidence will be your passport stamps along with any hotels etc you booked and stayed in together as this proves you are spending time together.

Send around 6 photos and on the back put where it was taken and the dates.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

We are planning to send pictures where we are together with friends, my family and then a few of us just out doing stuff. I'm assuming us being together is better evidence.

The problem is that we chat through I messenger and call over FaceTime, we havnt been able to figure out how to get these chat logs out on paper. Took a few screen shots that we will put on a word document and print but that's pretty much all.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

I included chat logs in my I-129F packet but it's not required. Include it if you'd like for peace of mind. For the petition they are more looking for proof that you have met in person and statements where you promise to marry within 90 days of your entrance into the country. Chat logs and emails are more proof of an ongoing relationship, which they will need more of when you go for your interview.

"If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together."

K1 - 531 days between filing and wedding day

9-11-2014: I-129F sent

9-15-2014: I-129F received by USCIS

9-17-2014: NOA1

9-22-2014: Alien registration number changed

5-26-2015: Electronic NOA2 (251 days)

6-3-2015: Sent to NVC (8 days)

6-11-2015: NVC received, case number assigned (8 days)

6-19-2015: Left NVC (8 days)

6-22-2015: Arrived at embassy in Paris (3 days)

10-15-2015: Interview (APPROVED!) (115 days)

2-3-2016: POE at Washington Dulles (111 days)

2-24-2016: Our tiny civil ceremony (21 days) Finally married :wub:

AOS, AP, & EAD

4-29-2016: Packet sent

5-7-2016: NOA

6-6-2016: RFE via USPS (30 days)

6-17-2016: RFE response received by USCIS

8-9-16: EAD and AP approved (53 days)

Still no biometrics appointment due to issues with our local post office... :ranting:

9-2-2016: Ombudsman notifies us of investigation on our case

9-7-2016: Ombudsman sends biometrics appointment notice via email

9-9-2016: Biometrics appointment letter received via USPS

9-16-2016: Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.