sasafan

now what???????????

31 posts in this topic

hi ,,,let me tell u my story short first,,,im here in the states for less than a year,,,we married for love ,,since i came i found out that my wife listen to her her mother in everything ,,ofcourse like most i didnt work then i got a job ,,she was so verbaly abusive ,,after lots of arguments over so tiny non important things,,kicking me out of the house many times,,i still with her coz she is sick of a life threatening condition and i love her ,scared sth bad happenes to her so i take it in ,,i had a bussiness trip that got me out of town for a month ,,when i came back she say that she divorced me !!!!!!!!!!! ofcourse so many times more than i can count she talks about divorce,,and i say i do not want it,,then this time she created a problem from nothing as always to make it sound like she has to get divorce and she did it when i came back home she says ''i got it to get my insurance back??????????? now what ?? we still live in the same house although i have to leave again for work ,,i do not know what to do ,,should i file for removal of conditions now?? i read that im subjected to be deported any time now ..plz help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you truly hold an E-1 visa? yes? no ? I ask, cause that's wot's in yer profile.

oh man - what's what?

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=172388

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Is the divorce final? If its final and you have the papers, then yes you file to remove conditions on your own marking off the divorce box on the form.

I can't imagine a state where you can get divorced that fast without your knowledge. Had you agreed to divorce and signed the divorce papers, I could see it in some states. But not when you didn't even know it was happening. Unless she's only just filed the papers and no court hearing has been held yet.

Edited by Caryh

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

In my opinion your wife might be just saying that to scare you and keep you under her control... Dont let her play with your emotions and your head. Divorcing someone takes more time than that, and I dont think they can do it without your knowledge...

If she really wants to divorce you, you should get a lawyer. Make sure you have all the evidence needed for when you file your removal of conditions.

Edited by vcarch14

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

go to county courthouse today, ask for copy of all documents filed where you are a plaintiff / respondent.

report back, when able.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

go to county courthouse today, ask for copy of all documents filed where you are a plaintiff / respondent.

report back, when able.

:thumbs: he'd find out really fast if she's just playing games.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Is the divorce final? If its final and you have the papers, then yes you file to remove conditions on your own marking off the divorce box on the form.

I can't imagine a state where you can get divorced that fast without your knowledge. Had you agreed to divorce and signed the divorce papers, I could see it in some states. But not when you didn't even know it was happening. Unless she's only just filed the papers and no court hearing has been held yet.

she says this time it is final ,,she filed before last april,,and she said she wont go and the case will be dismissed on her own ,,yes in my state she say's no need for me to sign ,,they sent me a copy at the first time last april but nothing this time i don know if it is the same case or not ,,she says neither one of us can get a copy now

In my opinion your wife might be just saying that to scare you and keep you under her control... Dont let her play with your emotions and your head. Divorcing someone takes more time than that, and I dont think they can do it without your knowledge...

If she really wants to divorce you, you should get a lawyer. Make sure you have all the evidence needed for when you file your removal of conditions.

should i apply now for removal of conditions or waiver or i wait for my GC to expire ?

the question is ,,should i go for a waiver right after i get final divorce if she already did or i wait till my GC to expire?

she says this time it is final ,,she filed before last april,,and she said she wont go and the case will be dismissed on her own ,,yes in my state she say's no need for me to sign ,,they sent me a copy at the first time last april but nothing this time i don know if it is the same case or not ,,she says neither one of us can get a copy now

should i apply now for removal of conditions or waiver or i wait for my GC to expire ?

the question is ,,should i go for a waiver right after i get final divorce if she already did or i wait till my GC to expire?

Sasafan,

You need to be SURE if you are divorced or not... don't ask her about it, because clearly she is being sneaky about things. Like another person suggested, go to the court house and find out what is going on. Until you have a definitive answer you won't know what to do.

When you find that out, I believe you file the waiver before your GC expires...

Anyone who knows more about this, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

What you should do:

1. fill in your timeline so people here can help you on when to apply for Removal of Conditions, etc.

2. quit listening to your spouse on what you can and cannot do/obtain. why would you trust someone that went behind your back to divorce you?? If you are a named party in a case, you have every right to get a copy of what has been filed against you.

3. go to your county courthouse clerks office and ask for a copy of any cases, pleadings in which you are involved. there may be a fee for copies, but yes if there is an actual case it is there and you are allowed to get copies.

You should have been notified of a court date. Unless she took that mail and didn't give it to you. This could mean the divorce has been finalized without you showing up to contest anything. The court should inform you if when the judgement was complete, but again she could have hidden this mail from you. You can get copies of anything case submitted where you are the respondent. Lie was said, go to the court house and find out.

You're supposed to file to remove conditions when the divorce is complete or in the 90 days before your card expires, which ever comes first. But some people wait until the 90 days.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

heck you need to even find out if there was even a case. Did the papers you have specify a court date?

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.