58 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

After waiting for a solid 1 year, I was finally scheduled for my interview on August 6th in Islamabad. My wife lives in the US. My CO was very happy with the case and said that my case is very straight forward and that there shouldn't be any problems. He kept my passport, he mentioned that my case would go through a routine AP and that it can last anywhere from 24 hours to several months. It has been a month and a half since my interview, I constantly check my status on the CEAC website and thankfully it was being updated every other day or 2 days a week until August 28. Ever since August 28, up until today September 18, my case has not been updated. This worries me a lot and I hope that there is nothing wrong with my case. It clearly states on the website and the white paper I was given, that I shouldn't contact them until 60 days.

Can anyone else tell me what could be the matter?

Is anyone else stuck in a similar situation as me?

How long will it take?

Am I freaking out for no reason?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to the replies.

Timeline

Welcome to the AP club!

If the CO said that everything looks fine then I am sure it is a standard AP procedure. Can you tell me exactly what it said in your white paper? Were you given the brochure with your rights in the US?

In my case I am in the US and my husband just had his interview in Islamabad two weeks ago. He was also given a white paper asking to submit some additional evidence. Dont freak out because a lot of couples get told that everything is fine in their case and still have to wait to get through AP. It is entirely your luck. Unfortunately, since your a male coming from Pakistan, they do a security check on males more then females because of Pakistan's reputation. I am sure that is the scenario in your case, your AP can just be a simple name check. There is no time limit on how long it can take, it is purely luck. I also see updates on my case twice a week since the interview. It is frustrating, I know, been also waiting for a year.

Do not worry, keep praying, and keep yourself busy until then!

event.png

Ek shaam ati hai teri yaad le kar, Ek sham jati hai teri yaad le kar, Muje us sham ka intezar hai jo aye tumain apne sath le kar...

Interview: September 5, 2014 Second Interview:

July 1, 2015

Result: Administrative Processing Result: Still administrative processing

July 9, 2015 (senator reply)

mailed documents to embassy september 8 2014 August 4, 2015 (senator reply)

August 13, 2015

August 19 2015

updates: mailed documents to embassy September 1, 2015

September 4, 2015

12 september 2014 September 8 2015 (expiring soon)

16 september 2014 september 9 2015

26 november 2014 september 10 2015 (changed back to AP) received email for medical/ds260 submission

8 december2014 september 12, 2015

6 february 2015 september 17 2015 (email from embassy)

9 february 2015 Submitted medical/ds260 september 18 2015

10 february 2015 september 23, 2015

11 february 2015 september 30 2015 (documents received)

13 february 2015 October 1, 2015

25 february 2015 (senator email) October 6 2015 (call from embassy for fingerprints)

9 march 2015 (senator email) October 7 2015

16 march 2015 october 13 2015

17 march 2015 (call from embassy to submit additional evidence) October 14 2015 ISSUED :dancing:

26 march 2015 (reply to email ) Visa in Hand: October 17 2015

6 april 2015 (documents acknowledged)

9 april 2015

21 may 2015

16 june 2015

17 june 2015

18 june 2015

20 june 2015

24 june 2015

26 june 2015 (call from embassy, second interview call)

1 july 2015

Timeline

hey! Thanks for replying!

The white paper said that administrative processing under section 221(g), and it states that it's a routine administrative processing and/or for missing documentations. Although we aren't missing any documentations as such, I'm guessing its just for the routine. Also do you know what they do for the name check? like a second interview or will my wife have an interview there?

Yes they did give me a packet with the rights in the US, I'm hoping that's a good thing and that they won't reject me or something last minute lol Keep me posted with your husbands case as well, feels good to know that there are other people in the same situation as me :-)

Edited by waiting4visa

Timeline

hey! Thanks for replying!

The white paper said that administrative processing under section 221(g), and it states that it's a routine administrative processing and/or for missing documentations. Although we aren't missing any documentations as such, I'm guessing its just for the routine. Also do you know what they do for the name check? like a second interview or will my wife have an interview there?

Yes they did give me a packet with the rights in the US, I'm hoping that's a good thing and that they won't reject me or something last minute lol Keep me posted with your husbands case as well, feels good to know that there are other people in the same situation as me :-)

Hello!

That is the same white paper my husband got too but as I said before, it was for submitting additional documents. From what I have read on here, it is basically they put the name of the applicant in to the system to see if it matches anyone in the governments system. Like people who have a common name of Mohammed. It is just a security check that every applicant goes through and I believe that it is done in the US side. In your case there wont be anymore interviews because as you state, the case was pretty straightforward and you had no issues, your wife wont have any interview here either, if they wanted to call her, they would have done that a year ago when she originally submitted the petition. So no worries there!

Yeah! lol I also took the packet with the rights as a good sign too because why else would they give it someone they intend to reject, so I think its a good sign. In my case, my husband was previously married, so they asked for documents related to that. (old nikkahnama, pictures from first marriage) stuff like that. We submitted right away. So we are in the same boat as you are in. I know it is the most frustrating experience in the world, and the hardest test of patience I think we will ever go through but people get out of it,, just keep busy and tell your wife to keep busy too! lol. This is a great place for support! Keep me updated as well on your case and I will too!

Edited by sarahch

event.png

Ek shaam ati hai teri yaad le kar, Ek sham jati hai teri yaad le kar, Muje us sham ka intezar hai jo aye tumain apne sath le kar...

Interview: September 5, 2014 Second Interview:

July 1, 2015

Result: Administrative Processing Result: Still administrative processing

July 9, 2015 (senator reply)

mailed documents to embassy september 8 2014 August 4, 2015 (senator reply)

August 13, 2015

August 19 2015

updates: mailed documents to embassy September 1, 2015

September 4, 2015

12 september 2014 September 8 2015 (expiring soon)

16 september 2014 september 9 2015

26 november 2014 september 10 2015 (changed back to AP) received email for medical/ds260 submission

8 december2014 september 12, 2015

6 february 2015 september 17 2015 (email from embassy)

9 february 2015 Submitted medical/ds260 september 18 2015

10 february 2015 september 23, 2015

11 february 2015 september 30 2015 (documents received)

13 february 2015 October 1, 2015

25 february 2015 (senator email) October 6 2015 (call from embassy for fingerprints)

9 march 2015 (senator email) October 7 2015

16 march 2015 october 13 2015

17 march 2015 (call from embassy to submit additional evidence) October 14 2015 ISSUED :dancing:

26 march 2015 (reply to email ) Visa in Hand: October 17 2015

6 april 2015 (documents acknowledged)

9 april 2015

21 may 2015

16 june 2015

17 june 2015

18 june 2015

20 june 2015

24 june 2015

26 june 2015 (call from embassy, second interview call)

1 july 2015

Timeline

Hello!

That is the same white paper my husband got too but as I said before, it was for submitting additional documents. From what I have read on here, it is basically they put the name of the applicant in to the system to see if it matches anyone in the governments system. Like people who have a common name of Mohammed. It is just a security check that every applicant goes through and I believe that it is done in the US side. In your case there wont be anymore interviews because as you state, the case was pretty straightforward and you had no issues, your wife wont have any interview here either, if they wanted to call her, they would have done that a year ago when she originally submitted the petition. So no worries there!

Yeah! lol I also took the packet with the rights as a good sign too because why else would they give it someone they intend to reject, so I think its a good sign. In my case, my husband was previously married, so they asked for documents related to that. (old nikkahnama, pictures from first marriage) stuff like that. We submitted right away. So we are in the same boat as you are in. I know it is the most frustrating experience in the world, and the hardest test of patience I think we will ever go through but people get out of it,, just keep busy and tell your wife to keep busy too! lol. This is a great place for support! Keep me updated as well on your case and I will too!

Oh ok sounds great! let's see how long this takes, will keep you posted on the latest with my case.

Thanks again

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

After waiting for a solid 1 year, I was finally scheduled for my interview on August 6th in Islamabad. My wife lives in the US. My CO was very happy with the case and said that my case is very straight forward and that there shouldn't be any problems. He kept my passport, he mentioned that my case would go through a routine AP and that it can last anywhere from 24 hours to several months. It has been a month and a half since my interview, I constantly check my status on the CEAC website and thankfully it was being updated every other day or 2 days a week until August 28. Ever since August 28, up until today September 18, my case has not been updated. This worries me a lot and I hope that there is nothing wrong with my case. It clearly states on the website and the white paper I was given, that I shouldn't contact them until 60 days.

Can anyone else tell me what could be the matter?

Is anyone else stuck in a similar situation as me?

How long will it take?

Am I freaking out for no reason?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to the replies.

Any updates bro?

Timeline

Any updates bro?

No man, still waiting. 4th week today since the last update. I really can't understand why these guys can't give you an estimated waiting period. What about you? any luck? is your case being updated? When do you guys suggest I call to check? October 6th will be 2 months since my interview in Islamabad.

Timeline

wow! that link is even scarier to think about! 5 months since the interview and case hasn't been updated? lol I'd like to stay in my delusional bubble and hope for the best lol

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

No man, still waiting. 4th week today since the last update. I really can't understand why these guys can't give you an estimated waiting period. What about you? any luck? is your case being updated? When do you guys suggest I call to check? October 6th will be 2 months since my interview in Islamabad.

October 12th would be 2 months for me :( and no updates after 2 sept , we have to give them at least 60 days. Many people get it with 3 months , I ,myself did back in 2008.lets just hope for the best.

Timeline

October 12th would be 2 months for me :( and no updates after 2 sept , we have to give them at least 60 days. Many people get it with 3 months , I ,myself did back in 2008.lets just hope for the best.

oh wow! Ok so I guess we're on the same boat then, keep me posted on your status. I hope it comes in within 3 months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.