rcg111109

My wife is about to lose her mind!!!

25 posts in this topic

Good day fellow members.

I am trying to get an immigrant visa for my wife who is from Korea. We are at the final step of waiting for the NVC to look through our civil documents before she can get the interview, but it has been taking them far too long! We have been waiting for the past couple months only to get an email from them stating that it's going to take 60 days rather than the usual 30 days. I am here in California about to start graduate school and my wife is still in Korea doing nothing but waiting for the NVC to give the clear for her interview date for the past month. She's getting really, really impatient to the point where she could go insane and I don't know what to do or say to her. I've tried to calm her and tell her that we're almost finished (for the past month) only for it to fall on deaf ears. We're both very miserable, and the NVC call center just tells us that they're backed up and that there's nothing they can do about it. Has or is anyone in this situation? Who else can I get help from? What questions should I ask when I talk to NVC? Can she come to California and somehow finish it here? (-_-)'

If anyone can help this distress post, it would be of great help.

Thank you.

RCG

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do but wait; NVC runs at their own (slow) timetable, not yours.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good day fellow members.

I am trying to get an immigrant visa for my wife who is from Korea. We are at the final step of waiting for the NVC to look through our civil documents before she can get the interview, but it has been taking them far too long! We have been waiting for the past couple months only to get an email from them stating that it's going to take 60 days rather than the usual 30 days. I am here in California about to start graduate school and my wife is still in Korea doing nothing but waiting for the NVC to give the clear for her interview date for the past month. She's getting really, really impatient to the point where she could go insane and I don't know what to do or say to her. I've tried to calm her and tell her that we're almost finished (for the past month) only for it to fall on deaf ears. We're both very miserable, and the NVC call center just tells us that they're backed up and that there's nothing they can do about it. Has or is anyone in this situation? Who else can I get help from? What questions should I ask when I talk to NVC? Can she come to California and somehow finish it here? ( -_-)'

Thank you.

RCG

How long ago did you submit your AOS and IV packages? Have you already completed your DS-260 form?

I pray she is just frustrated and you don't really mean going insane.

But yes its 60 days from when they received your documents then about 30 days waiting for interview date.

At this point trying to get a visitor Visa would be a waste of money. And even if she got one she would still have to return for her interview. Just tell her to be patient you are almost there. And yes about 2 million of you are in same boat at NVC right now. Sorry

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

OP, no disrespect intended but I'm sure you'd agree that it's not healthy for her to simply "be doing nothing" while she's waiting. Would you be able to appeal to her to continue what she was doing, how she was conducting her life up to now and throughout this journey?

I don't have any constructive advice regarding your actual questions.

Regards

Filed: Timeline

What you can do for now is to make her relaxed I understand your situation I've done that before it's hard to find a way to get out that bad feelings as, much as possible in the meantime, call NVC if possible you never know maybe your lucky day..

I am hoping both all of you will make it to the top good luck

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

One post violating the below provision of the TOS removed.

By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Service, you will not:

• Condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Good day fellow members.

I am trying to get an immigrant visa for my wife who is from Korea. We are at the final step of waiting for the NVC to look through our civil documents before she can get the interview, but it has been taking them far too long! We have been waiting for the past couple months only to get an email from them stating that it's going to take 60 days rather than the usual 30 days. I am here in California about to start graduate school and my wife is still in Korea doing nothing but waiting for the NVC to give the clear for her interview date for the past month. She's getting really, really impatient to the point where she could go insane and I don't know what to do or say to her. I've tried to calm her and tell her that we're almost finished (for the past month) only for it to fall on deaf ears. We're both very miserable, and the NVC call center just tells us that they're backed up and that there's nothing they can do about it. Has or is anyone in this situation? Who else can I get help from? What questions should I ask when I talk to NVC? Can she come to California and somehow finish it here? ( -_-)'

Thank you.

RCG

everyone must to get through with the situation that you and your wife been through now.... I was apart with my husband to be exact 3 years on september 21... but in God's Grace our relationship is getting stronger .... i was went through with what your wife experience now... i was getting crazy and impatien... but it is only your wife can help herself to get through with the depression the she feel now... she should need to do something to divert her attention....and most of all Pray that everything will work for the best.... she should need to listen with you as what i did when my husband help me to get through with my down time ... suggest her to do things that makes her happy ... making herself busy can help her to cope up with the situation that shes in now ....

i hope that i can help you a little....from my experience ....

Filed: Timeline

just hold on to each other I know it is hard on her part same as you do,but the only way to make both of you to feel better is to teach our minds, anticipate the real or not real, don't listen with the bad idea coming out from our mind, think positive or negative feedback like I said If it is negative trying to anticipate it and that will make us feel free from bad feelings. Hope this helps

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What in God's name has happened to NVC.,.,.,.in winter of 2013, my wife's paperwork came there, and I called the day it got there, and the young man said, "your file is being transferred to the embassy, this afternoon, received the night before, was sent out next afternoon.,.,.,.,.,

Can, anyone tell me what has changed? I really feel for the OP.,.,.,.,there is sufffering there.,.,.,wish them nothing but a quick turn around!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

everyone must to get through with the situation that you and your wife been through now.... I was apart with my husband to be exact 3 years on september 21... but in God's Grace our relationship is getting stronger .... i was went through with what your wife experience now... i was getting crazy and impatien... but it is only your wife can help herself to get through with the depression the she feel now... she should need to do something to divert her attention....and most of all Pray that everything will work for the best.... she should need to listen with you as what i did when my husband help me to get through with my down time ... suggest her to do things that makes her happy ... making herself busy can help her to cope up with the situation that shes in now ....

i hope that i can help you a little....from my experience ....

Charlynn... why it took you three years???? Any specific reason?

Edited by Mihika_14

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have been going through the same situation. Feeling depressed all time as i have nothing to do here except to wait though my interview date is scheduled but its hard to wait while u have nothing to do.

So the best i can suggest is that visit her if its been months that u guyz met last time, if u can even if its hard for u due to work but nothing should be more important than for a person who is in this situation

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

What in God's name has happened to NVC.,.,.,.in winter of 2013, my wife's paperwork came there, and I called the day it got there, and the young man said, "your file is being transferred to the embassy, this afternoon, received the night before, was sent out next afternoon.,.,.,.,.,

Can, anyone tell me what has changed? I really feel for the OP.,.,.,.,there is sufffering there.,.,.,wish them nothing but a quick turn around!

You were a K1 filer and your files were not processed at the NVC which is what happens to CR1 filers, hence the difference between your experience and the OP's.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I feel your pain had the interview day of sept 4th just to be turned away because they didnt have our paperwork ... in fact they did but didnt do their job of entering it in the comuputer got the senator involved and has since been entered but with no new interview day ... now my husband will be going to the embassy to try to get some answers since they dont return phone call answer phones or emails ..... yes it is frustrating all you can do is make contact and or wait. In your case I would try to be patient and make sur eyour wife has everything she needs to move make her focus on being ready and preparing for interview.

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

While she's waiting, you might ask her to stay busy with something that will help prepare her for the huge adjustment that being here will be.

Improve her English skills, learn to drive, take a class in a subject that will transport to the US, many things can prepare her so assimilation will not be so difficult for her.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.