hantengri

When to expect NOA2

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Got an e-mail (which is considered NOA 1) in late June stating that paperwork was accepted on June, 24. Noticed that petitioning parties filed on that day (which would be me, too) got accepted for an initial review on July, 29. It has been 7(seven) full weeks since, no response or anything...I understand that everyone's case/timeline is unique but any idea how much longer to wait, approximately, until I get NOA 2?

Filed: Timeline

Got an e-mail (which is considered NOA 1) in late June stating that paperwork was accepted on June, 24. Noticed that petitioning parties filed on that day (which would be me, too) got accepted for an initial review on July, 29. It has been 7(seven) full weeks since, no response or anything...I understand that everyone's case/timeline is unique but any idea how much longer to wait, approximately, until I get NOA 2?

Approximately 5-8 months

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

December/January. Depending on what service center you are at x

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-03

I-129F NOA1: 2014-03-10

I-129F NOA2: 2014-08-28

Sent to NVC: 2014-09-03

Arrived at NVC: 2014-09-12

Case Number: 2014-09-16

Embassy Received Case: 2014-09-23

Medical (Passed). 2014-10-23

Interview (APPROVED) 2014-12-18

Visa In Hand. 2014-12-30

MOVING DAY!!! 2015-01-02

Wedding!! 2015-01-24

Fill out your timeline and the system here will generate an estimate of when you will get the NOA2, based on data from other earlier timelines.

Contrary to the above, right now the California Service Center is running about 2 1/2 months. They are about 80% done with June submissions.

I know, waiting is driving me nuts too.

Seriously, fill it out and keep it updated, your data will help the next couple.

Spousal Visa

NOA-1 8-2-2018 TSC

NOA-2 3-15-2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Ours was almost exactly 4 months, however I know we were blessed. Good luck on your journey.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Plan for 10 months but expect something around 5 months.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Expect 5 to 6 months. The USCIS average processing time is around 5 months.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So hantengri, you are upset you have not received NOA 2 in 36 days, is that correct?

Be glad you are not at Texas Service Center, where it is about 180 days, and you are complaining? 42-49 days, really!

I really hope you get your NOA 2 tomorrrow, as you CSC people, are the """"chosen ones"""" and are shown a lot of favortism.,.,.compared to the TSC people.

With other people at that center getting theirs in 7 weeks, you should get yours also! Just be thankful you are not at TSC, you are lucky..,.,!

I wish you the best, and hope it comes tomorrow.,.,.,in 2012-2013 my wife took 10 months and 4 days to POE, Atlanta, for her K-1..,.,..,.,it was very painful!

She is here, happily married, and we will be filing ROC in less than 1 year! GOOD LUCK to you! Hope it is tomorrow!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've been getting this lately. So not many approvals this month then?

There are not enough recent approvals in the timeline system to accurately approximate when your I-129f will be approved. Please see the Timeline Stats page to see recent approvals.
I-129F Sent : 2014-07-31

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-08-09

I-129F RFE(s) : 2014-10-8

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-28

Interview: 2014-12-23 Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I read that as not many people are updating their timelines when they are approved. It does make it difficult to get any reasonable idea of wait times... :(

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Expect the NOA2 when you have given up hope to get one.

Just kidding, trying to make myself laugh, it's the only way to make it through the wait. :jest:

I've tried, but I cannot figure out how to predict the USCIS. It is just so random.

I think the goal should be 30-90 days, same as they expect the RFE response back from us. Goose and gander thing...you know? The process should be more pleasant for us law abiding people that come here legally. We are the good guys and should not be punished for following the rules. I get so angry seeing so many people here illegally, literally millions, while the love of my life is stuck in China waiting for some person to say yea or nea whenever they get around to it.

Edited by MichaelYaoling
2014-05-12 I-129F Mailed
2014-05-21 NOA1:
2014-05-29 (ARN) Alien Registration Number
2014-08-11 Transfer (TSC to CSC)
2014-09-23 RFE:
2014-11-04 Denial of I-129f :cry:
2014-11-25 Married in Zhengzhou, Henan, China! (L):luv:
2015-01-08 I-130 Mailed (FedEx)
2015-01-12 I-130 Received by Chicago lockbox
2015-01-15 I-130 Check cleared bank
2015-01-13 I-130 NOA1 (Nebraska)
2015-04-17 I-130 NOA2 :dancing:
2015-04-20 Sent to NVC
2015-04-23 Received by NVC

y1OKm6.png

HLSmp8.png

iD6xm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So hantengri, you are upset you have not received NOA 2 in 36 days, is that correct?

Be glad you are not at Texas Service Center, where it is about 180 days, and you are complaining? 42-49 days, really!

I really hope you get your NOA 2 tomorrrow, as you CSC people, are the """"chosen ones"""" and are shown a lot of favortism.,.,.compared to the TSC people.

With other people at that center getting theirs in 7 weeks, you should get yours also! Just be thankful you are not at TSC, you are lucky..,.,!

I wish you the best, and hope it comes tomorrow.,.,.,in 2012-2013 my wife took 10 months and 4 days to POE, Atlanta, for her K-1..,.,..,.,it was very painful!

She is here, happily married, and we will be filing ROC in less than 1 year! GOOD LUCK to you! Hope it is tomorrow!

Wow. Way to be a jerk about it. We aren't the "chosen ones." We got our files sent to CSC because of where our fiances are based geographically.

We aren't, in fact, shown any favouritism and our cases have, in fact, been pushed back to allow for some files transferred from TSC to be processed.

It's about the system. It isn't about luck or being "chosen."

And, as I've told other TSC complainers, those of us who have our files at California have just as much right to ask questions about our files as anyone else.

To Hantengri, the original poster, it might do you well to find the thread dedicated to June CSC filers. You'll probably find a far more supportive group there. If you haven't received your NOA-2 yet, come on into the July filers thread where we're all grousing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.