Trumplestiltskin

We Asked Americans What They Think About Scottish Independence And It Was Pretty Bleak

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

On Thursday, Scotland will make a historic, once-in-a-lifetime decision in a referendum to vote for the country’s independence from the United Kingdom.It’s big. In fact, in these next crucial 48 hours, it’s all U.K. media can and will talk about.

So we asked Americans to offer their two cents on the future of Scotland.

And whether they have any advice or words of wisdom to help Scottish citizens make their pivotal, impending decisions.

What we learned: Even though most had not evenheard about the matter…

enhanced-28054-1410899998-1.jpg

enhanced-22399-1410900206-8.jpg

http://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/we-asked-americans-what-they-think-about-scottish-independen?utm_term=4844fpi#1j9gvgy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why not just have a sign saying I am Stupid?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Look at the bright side, the U.K. can add another country to their foreign aid list!

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Pick a country any country.. Lets take the British:

Half of British can't find the very place on a map where they take a vacation:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2398914/Half-Britons-holiday-Cyprus-MAP.html

A third could not find Brazil on a world map during the world cup

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2398914/Half-Britons-holiday-Cyprus-MAP.html

Captain Underpants says he feels truly sorry for those those needing to feel better about themselves by getting off on stories like this. tsk tsk!

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Timeline

you don't have much respect for your fellow countrymen, do you?

I thought he was talking about the Jocks.

Pick a country any country.. Lets take the British:

Half of British can't find the very place on a map where they take a vacation:

A third could not find Brazil on a world map during the world cup

Captain Underpants says he feels truly sorry for those those needing to feel better about themselves by getting off on stories like this. tsk tsk!

Captain underpants probably shouldn't respond to threads by users he has publicly said he has blocked. It makes him a bit hypocritical. Tsk Tsk.

Filed: Timeline

Captain underpants probably shouldn't respond to threads by users he has publicly said he has blocked. It makes him a bit hypocritical. Tsk Tsk.

oops. :lol:

All things considered can you really blame me?

makes no difference to me how you feel about your fellow countrymen

Timeline

Independence is a bad idea....

I agree, I'm not sure how it will be viable.

The thing is, the arrangement Salmond has worked out is that if the 'No' vote wins the Scottish Parliament gets extra powers anyway... Perhaps that's what he's really after?

I think it would be economic suicide for the Jocks to do this.

enhanced-25743-1410900053-1.jpg

That's not me BTW - I think it's Ken Dodd in drag.

Edited by Hail Ming!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I agree, I'm not sure how it will be viable.

The thing is, the arrangement Salmond has worked out is that if the 'No' vote wins the Scottish Parliament gets extra powers anyway... Perhaps that's what he's really after?

I think it would be economic suicide for the Jocks to do this.

enhanced-25743-1410900053-1.jpg

That's not me BTW - I think it's Ken Dodd in drag.

No, Alex Salmond wants independence. He might grudgingly accept less, but hates the thought of being governed from Westminster, especially when the party in power has minimal representation in Scotland itself

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png