Franz09

Photo Evidence: Non Dated Photographs

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

We are preparing photos to attach with the I-129F form as proof of meeting. We have alot of pictures , though all of them are digital pictures and without any time stamp on the photographs, i placed them all on a MS word document. Will this be a valid proof of meeting?

I have concerns about it because of some blogs that i have read saying that the government will not accept any photographs which is not film dated.

Also i have read other posts here that received approval without having film dated photographs.

I would like to know your opinions about this.

Thank you.

I did the same :) I put our pictures on MS Word and printed them on a normal sheet. Then I wrote down the dates of the photos and who were in it and had no issues about it.

If you are really worried about consulate-specific practices, you could start by telling us which consulate she/he will be interviewed at?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

it generally just asks for you to write, name, date and place taken to be written on back, if the pictures are originally taken on a phone there are apps you can get that put time stamps on the photo just like digital camera pictures.

also if you have tickets from the place where the photo was taken etc that can all go in with them. but as long as the dates and place etc fit the travel times you will be fine.

you should definitly try and have the exact date. if you have loaded the pictures on to a computer it should give you the exact date it was taken in the information, and the same on a phone if you go to details it should give you the exact date

Edited by Ana88

Also , is it important to put the exact date of all the pictures?

Ahh Philippines! Good, then I can tell you from experience that non-film dated pictures are perfectly fine.

Well, it would be best if you can remember the exact dates of course. But to be honest, I didn't remember them either and just put an estimate date on the photos.

As long as they fall within the "meeting 2 years within filing" and they coincide with your other evidences like your partners passport stamps or plane stubs, then you should be fine.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

There are a couple of issues here. You are in the Philippines which means the USC must have traveled to be there with you. For the first step of the process of proof of having met the pictures together are secondary proof. What you want is proof that you were in the same place at the same time. For that you can use the USC passport stamps showing when they came to the Philippines and perhaps hotel receipts, or other documents that show you were in the same place at the same time. Tickets to shows etc are good as well. Dates are less important so long as it's in the last two years. HOWEVER, Manilla can be a tough place to interview at so you'll want to do a little more than satisfy the proof of meeting requirement. You would want to 'front-load' your petition. Later at your interview you'll need to prove that the relationship is real to the CO officer. In Manilla and other high fraud countries that puts additional burden on you the Petitioner. One good approach to overcome this submit your proof of relationship with your I-129F and then bring updated documents to the interview with you. This is commonly referred to as front loading. So what we did and others have done is put together as much documentation as you can that shows you have a real relationship. I would suggest organizing it in and building a table of contents for it all with number pages. For example, if you met online and you can print some chat logs from early on that is part one. If you use facebook and you changed your relationship status print those out for both of you with dates. If you have sent physical mail back and forth include copies of that correspondence. If money has transfered for support then receipts from the money transfers and some chat logs about what the money was used for. If money was used for a sick relative for instance than copies of the paid hospital bill and a note of thanks for example. You time together is key, pictures together. Chat logs from before you met about making plans. Chat logs after about what you liked and didn't like. Anything that shows support from your families is great. And so on. Good Luck, PM me if you want more details

I see :) thank you for the information. Though i may have some more questions in the future. :)

Yw! Looking forward to them :P Just message whenever

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

There are a couple of issues here. You are in the Philippines which means the USC must have traveled to be there with you. For the first step of the process of proof of having met the pictures together are secondary proof. What you want is proof that you were in the same place at the same time. For that you can use the USC passport stamps showing when they came to the Philippines and perhaps hotel receipts, or other documents that show you were in the same place at the same time. Tickets to shows etc are good as well. Dates are less important so long as it's in the last two years. HOWEVER, Manilla can be a tough place to interview at so you'll want to do a little more than satisfy the proof of meeting requirement. You would want to 'front-load' your petition. Later at your interview you'll need to prove that the relationship is real to the CO officer. In Manilla and other high fraud countries that puts additional burden on you the Petitioner. One good approach to overcome this submit your proof of relationship with your I-129F and then bring updated documents to the interview with you. This is commonly referred to as front loading. So what we did and others have done is put together as much documentation as you can that shows you have a real relationship. I would suggest organizing it in and building a table of contents for it all with number pages. For example, if you met online and you can print some chat logs from early on that is part one. If you use facebook and you changed your relationship status print those out for both of you with dates. If you have sent physical mail back and forth include copies of that correspondence. If money has transfered for support then receipts from the money transfers and some chat logs about what the money was used for. If money was used for a sick relative for instance than copies of the paid hospital bill and a note of thanks for example. You time together is key, pictures together. Chat logs from before you met about making plans. Chat logs after about what you liked and didn't like. Anything that shows support from your families is great. And so on. Good Luck, PM me if you want more details

Actually, im currently not in the Philippines, im working in Qatar. We have been in a relationship since 2007 before she and i left Philippines. We both went on vacations every two years to see each other (the last vacation was dec 2013 - jan 2014). My fiancee just got her citizenship this month, and i am planning to resign from my work here in Qatar once we receive approval from our submission, and get interviewed in the Philippines.

Edited by Franz09

I agree with most except saying that Manila can be a tough place to interview. Manila is actually a very easy consulate to interview at. That's not to say you shouldn't be prepared, but you shouldn't be worried that there's a high chance of denial because most are approved. When my wife had her interview, everyone was approved that day. The entire atmosphere of the embassy was relaxed, the COs were so nice and the interview was more like a conversation with old friends.

We did front-load our petition, but not by much. I think we included around 30 pages of relationship proof. There were no issues whatsoever with our case.

Edited by Zedayn

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.