Ana88

Fee Changes as of 12th Sept

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Can anyone confirm the new charges, we tried to call NVC yesterday to no avail. we hope to send it off today so want to know for sure.

The new charges say

"petition based visa catorgories: $190.00"

"K - Fiance(e) or spouse of U.S citizen category visa: $265.00"

heres the link

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/fees-visa-services.html

can anyone shed any light

Thanks in advance

Edited by Ana88

$340 is STILL the filing fee for K-1.

The changes are on the visa fee, that's the actual cost for the K1 visa issued at the consulate.

Not sure if that will work but you can try.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Is the person paying for the filing fee living outside of USA? I'm not entirely sure how that works or if that's the best way since the instructions on I-129F just mentions check or money order.

page 6

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

Edited by iammrsregi

Is the person paying for the filing fee living outside of USA? I'm not entirely sure how that works or of that's the best way since the instructions on I-129F just mentions check or money order.

page 6

OP is talking about visa fee not petition fee.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

ok will have to check again, as i just checked on the website.

its him petitioning, so will have to sort it out with him. i will get him to do the $340 that we had written a check for anyway.

the visa payment i thought was $240/new $265 i was to pay per visa on day of the interview at the embassy.

OP is talking about visa fee not petition fee.

Not entirely sure about that since they just sent in/will send the K-1 petition today and they said "we hope to send it off today so want to know for sure".

I'm not really sure if they were confusing the visa fee for the filing free to be honest.

ok will have to check again, as i just checked on the website.

its him petitioning, so will have to sort it out with him. i will get him to do the $340 that we had written a check for anyway.

the visa payment i thought was $240/new $265 i was to pay per visa on day of the interview at the embassy.

Petition fee must be by check or money order and each embassy does the visa fee differently I believe.

Timeline

Is the person paying for the filing fee living outside of USA? I'm not entirely sure how that works or if that's the best way since the instructions on I-129F just mentions check or money order.

page 6

thank you just read over it again, i will get him to send the check we already had ready.

i wouldn't mind but i've spent a year reading every single detail a million times and been fine now that we are actually sending it today it is real and i think i'm just freaking out that i may get something wrong lol, even though he is petitioning i've been organising and planning it all and just telling him what he needs to do, so its all on me haha

thank you just read over it again, i will get him to send the check we already had ready.

i wouldn't mind but i've spent a year reading every single detail a million times and been fine now that we are actually sending it today it is real and i think i'm just freaking out that i may get something wrong lol, even though he is petitioning i've been organising and planning it all and just telling him what he needs to do, so its all on me haha

Haha yeah, I know what you mean. Doubt yourself a little less and include him in the preparation. Just so you have fresh eyes when going over the forms. Good luck and stay strong!

Timeline

Haha yeah, I know what you mean. Doubt yourself a little less and include him in the preparation. Just so you have fresh eyes when going over the forms. Good luck and stay strong!

thanks, i have been but most of it i did and sent to him as he is the petitioner and just works crazy hard. so he has spent the last week doing his last bits, passport photo copies, boarding passes etc. i think thats my problem is that i have no control over how it gets sent off after doing all the research etc.

fingers crossed, once its sent of i will hopefully calm down, HOPEFULLY haha

thanks, i have been but most of it i did and sent to him as he is the petitioner and just works crazy hard. so he has spent the last week doing his last bits, passport photo copies, boarding passes etc. i think thats my problem is that i have no control over how it gets sent off after doing all the research etc.

fingers crossed, once its sent of i will hopefully calm down, HOPEFULLY haha

You will have zero control until it's approved so it's good to get used to that. ;)

Timeline

Lol OH god don't I know that haha! I mean with this arranging and planning the petition part. God bless him he is fab but I am a control freak when it comes to paper work so leaving the petition in his hands is hard for me to do lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.