SemperFi0311

Moving temporarily to my fiancee's country while waiting for NOA2 (August 2014 TSC filer)

5 posts in this topic

Okay so I've been reading a lot of threads on this forum for months and knowing that TSC is going slow has been depressing us....

I truly admire those who have waited 9 months for their NOA2. :( I know that our Noa1 date is only August 12th and we are very excited to start this journey (don't get me wrong lol) but after checking the VJ timelines everyday and reading so many posts here about how long TSC is processing cases I'm expecting to wait at least 8 months to get an approval...

I refuse to be away from her any longer so I've decided to move in with her in France, then move back to the States once she gets her K-1 in hands. It will be a great adventure!

My concern is about the address change: I'm planning to use my parents address is this going to cause a problem? or should I leave my old address and use international mail forwarding services? I just wanna make sure we receive every documents (hopefully no rfe! ;) )

Thanks for your help and good luck to everyone!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

I-129F Sent : 08-04-2014

I-129F Received via email & text : 08-08-2014

NOA1 : 08-12-2014

Alien Registration number changed : 08-13-2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi,

It is nice to find someone doing the same thing I was thinking. I am trying to get a job transfer to a office in Europe. At least EU citizens are free to to travel within the European Union. It will be a great adventure. I am also tire of being away from her. Good luck in your adventure.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Okay so I've been reading a lot of threads on this forum for months and knowing that TSC is going slow has been depressing us....

I truly admire those who have waited 9 months for their NOA2. :( I know that our Noa1 date is only August 12th and we are very excited to start this journey (don't get me wrong lol) but after checking the VJ timelines everyday and reading so many posts here about how long TSC is processing cases I'm expecting to wait at least 8 months to get an approval...

I refuse to be away from her any longer so I've decided to move in with her in France, then move back to the States once she gets her K-1 in hands. It will be a great adventure!

My concern is about the address change: I'm planning to use my parents address is this going to cause a problem? or should I leave my old address and use international mail forwarding services? I just wanna make sure we receive every documents (hopefully no rfe! ;) )

Transferred? No

It shouldn't be a problem. All the paperwork you need for the Visa after NOA2 can be done there and the hard copy of the NOA2 can be sent to you by your parents. If you are not currently using your parents address, just contact USCIS and have it changed before you head over and you should be good to go. The only thing I would check on is how long you are allowed to stay there with your passport. I know some countries have a limit before you need to get a Visa or some other authorization.

Semper Fi and good luck to you.....I wish I could do that myself (the living with the fiance')...

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

If you are going to be in France longer than 90 days you will need a visa. You'll also need one if you plan to work or go to school there. You should also take into account the fact that mail takes a bit of time to send and receive, just in case you do get an RFE or if you are there for your NOA2. Other than that you shouldn't have any problems. :)

"If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together."

K1 - 531 days between filing and wedding day

9-11-2014: I-129F sent

9-15-2014: I-129F received by USCIS

9-17-2014: NOA1

9-22-2014: Alien registration number changed

5-26-2015: Electronic NOA2 (251 days)

6-3-2015: Sent to NVC (8 days)

6-11-2015: NVC received, case number assigned (8 days)

6-19-2015: Left NVC (8 days)

6-22-2015: Arrived at embassy in Paris (3 days)

10-15-2015: Interview (APPROVED!) (115 days)

2-3-2016: POE at Washington Dulles (111 days)

2-24-2016: Our tiny civil ceremony (21 days) Finally married :wub:

AOS, AP, & EAD

4-29-2016: Packet sent

5-7-2016: NOA

6-6-2016: RFE via USPS (30 days)

6-17-2016: RFE response received by USCIS

8-9-16: EAD and AP approved (53 days)

Still no biometrics appointment due to issues with our local post office... :ranting:

9-2-2016: Ombudsman notifies us of investigation on our case

9-7-2016: Ombudsman sends biometrics appointment notice via email

9-9-2016: Biometrics appointment letter received via USPS

9-16-2016: Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Transferred? No

Hi! Good thinking in moving to be together while processing. If you are able to do it you definitely should!

Before you go, though, look into the I-134 affidavit of support document that your fiancé will need to bring with her to the interview after NOA2. This document will show that you can sponsor her while she is in the states and awaiting her green card. If you aren't receiving a salary after you move back to the states it may be harder to establish that you can sponsor her. I'm not saying you won't be able to, though. You may still be able to prove it with bank account statements and assets list or you may get a co-sponsor, but maybe wouldn't hurt to ask here more details about it before you leave so that you can go with a clear head and enjoy your time together while waiting :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.