jamieg

Interview documents required- SYDNEY

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi,

This is referring to my fellow Australian "Aliens".
I am going through a lot of confusion as I believe that the processes for the US Consulate in Sydney have changed recently.

My American fiance received an email stating the date and time of my interview which is next week.
(I hadn't sent any documents of 'readiness to be interviewed' to the consulate.)

I was just wondering if the only documents I am required to bring are those listed on the DSL-1076 checklist?
I thought that I needed to bring all original documents that my fiance submitted for the I-129F Petition? (which means that I got my mother in law to post me all the paperwork!)

As part of the DSL-1076 checklist, do I need to include my fiance's original birth certificate, original marriage certificate and divorce decree? Or does this checklist only refer to my documents?

I hope you can make sense of this message and I appreciate any feedback and advice.

Regards,

Jamie

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Australia/New Zealand Regional Forum~

Inquiry is consulate-specific

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I am going to assume your fiance forwarded you the email they received with the date of the interview and in it will be the "readiness" checklist with everything you will need to bring to the interview; it is an attachment to the email. I almost missed it myself in the excitement of getting a date.

But yes, go off that list, and it is only for you, the beneficiary, as far as your birth certificate, divorce papers, etc.... I sent many more documents with my fiance to take with him, but had them in a separate folder should they ask for them at the interview.

He handed in the items on the checklist and they did not request any further documents from him.

Good luck!

K-1 Visa -  Date of arrival to US  Aug 30, 2014

Married September 26, 2014

AOS: SEPT 24th, 2015 GREEN CARD RECEIVED !! 

ROC:  Oct 10, 2018    Approval of ROC via online USCIS site.  

Naturalization: March 26th, 2021 Approved!!

As of 2022, we are working towards moving back to Australia likely in 2025. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it!
I was definitely overthinking this whole process.

Congratulations on your approval and all the best for your wedding!!

Regards,

Jamie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it!

I was definitely overthinking this whole process.

Congratulations on your approval and all the best for your wedding!!

Regards,

Jamie

Your welcome!

Congrats to you as well!

Beth

K-1 Visa -  Date of arrival to US  Aug 30, 2014

Married September 26, 2014

AOS: SEPT 24th, 2015 GREEN CARD RECEIVED !! 

ROC:  Oct 10, 2018    Approval of ROC via online USCIS site.  

Naturalization: March 26th, 2021 Approved!!

As of 2022, we are working towards moving back to Australia likely in 2025. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.