icv21

AOS package finally sent!!!!

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi everybody!!! :)

I'm super excited to write that today we finally sent our AOS package to Chicago and so happy to join the "waiting club" hahaha :)

I thought this day would never arrive even it's just the beginning I feel so calm already. It has been almost 2 months of looking for documents, filling....doctor.... Money and more money.....

My only worry is that my husband has to leave all October because of his job and I won't have a car in case they contact me for the biometrics unless some other family member can get out of work for a little bit and help.

If by any chance they call me in October ( even I think is too early ) and there is no way I could make it would it be an issue ???? Or can I ask them to go later??? I would like to know what is the best way I could even take a taxi if there is no choice but until I can work we are not doing very well with money right now.

Thanks for always helping!

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

I'm super excited to write that today we finally sent our AOS package to Chicago .....

My only worry is that my husband has to leave all October because of his job and I won't have a car in case they contact me for the biometrics unless some other family member can get out of work for a little bit and help.

If by any chance they call me in October ( even I think is too early ) and there is no way I could make it would it be an issue ???? Or can I ask them to go later??? I would like to know what is the best way I could even take a taxi if there is no choice but until I can work we are not doing very well with money right now.

You can reschedule your bio appointment if you can not make it! Good luck to you!

Timeline

You can reschedule your bio appointment if you can not make it! Good luck to you!

Ok!!! Thank you :)

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Filed: Timeline

Have you checked, is there any bus lines going there? Usually bus fares are ridiculously cheap (like $1.50 per ride) compared to a taxi cab. Just a thought. And yes, if you don't ask for a new appointment, and just don't show up then your AOS would get denied. So you either would have to call them to reschedule, or find an alternative means of transportation. Check if there isn't any buses going somewhere there...

Good luck!

I'm super excited to write that today we finally sent our AOS package to Chicago and so happy to join the "waiting club" hahaha :)
I thought this day would never arrive even it's just the beginning I feel so calm already. It has been almost 2 months of looking for documents, filling....doctor.... Money and more money.....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congrats and welcome to the Waiting Club! LOL

Timeline

Have you checked, is there any bus lines going there? Usually bus fares are ridiculously cheap (like $1.50 per ride) compared to a taxi cab. Just a thought. And yes, if you don't ask for a new appointment, and just don't show up then your AOS would get denied. So you either would have to call them to reschedule, or find an alternative means of transportation. Check if there isn't any buses going somewhere there...

Good luck!

Nothing... No public transportation for this area. We live like 30 minutes from Atlanta just neighborhoods in this area and grocery stores.

I assume if they send a letter saying a date it will also say what number to call or how to contact them right???

I will be alone all month I will even have to buy a phone number because I've been using my husbands so far. We have family who live very very close but they work Monday-Friday.

Does anyone know hoe long they take aprox once they get the AOS forms in Chicago until they call for biometrics???

Congrats and welcome to the Waiting Club! LOL

Hahahah thanks!!!! I couldn't wait to be part of it :)

y59om4.png

Well that sucks! :( Well, I honestly don't remember of their form, but I'm pretty sure they have a phone number there that you could call to reschedule in case it happens while your husband is away. Like I'm 98% sure!!!! I just can't remember to confirm it for 100% sure. So I would not worry much. In terms of the time frame, that greatly varies. I heard people getting the appointment notice a month later, others (like us with my husband) got it two weeks later for the following week, so basically three weeks after mailing off the AOS. But this kind of varies, hard to pull a number on it. I guess you just will have re-schedule in case you get the appointment while your husband is away. Good luck to you!

By the way, how did you add those icons next to your signature lines. I like 'em! :)

Nothing... No public transportation for this area. We live like 30 minutes from Atlanta just neighborhoods in this area and grocery stores.
I assume if they send a letter saying a date it will also say what number to call or how to contact them right???
I will be alone all month I will even have to buy a phone number because I've been using my husbands so far. We have family who live very very close but they work Monday-Friday.

Does anyone know hoe long they take aprox once they get the AOS forms in Chicago until they call for biometrics???

Hahahah thanks!!!! I couldn't wait to be part of it :)

Timeline

Well that sucks! :( Well, I honestly don't remember of their form, but I'm pretty sure they have a phone number there that you could call to reschedule in case it happens while your husband is away. Like I'm 98% sure!!!! I just can't remember to confirm it for 100% sure. So I would not worry much. In terms of the time frame, that greatly varies. I heard people getting the appointment notice a month later, others (like us with my husband) got it two weeks later for the following week, so basically three weeks after mailing off the AOS. But this kind of varies, hard to pull a number on it. I guess you just will have re-schedule in case you get the appointment while your husband is away. Good luck to you!

By the way, how did you add those icons next to your signature lines. I like 'em! :)

Yeah he is leaving the fist week of October and I'm sure they will tell me to go the next days he is gone haha. Oh well..... we will see :) I just kind of wanted to know if they give a chance to change the date , so since it seems possible I feel a bit more relaxed I didn't want to mess up anything and my husband is worried to leave but he needs to work :(

I added the little icons with my iPad using the emoji App. I thought they were so cute!!!!

So it you have one you can do it too, if not maybe from a phone??? I'm not sure about computers

Or if there is any you like you could copy and paste from mine and add it in your signature :)

Edited by IRIScv

y59om4.png

Yeah, no worries, you'll be fine! By the time your husband gets back you're dressing up for your interview! ;) Just kidding! :) Thanks for the info regarding the little icons...I have an ipod, so I will see if they have that app for ipod. No iphone (just a regular go-phone) and no ipad...I shall see. They may have it for ipod too. :) Thank you! :) And all the best to you!

Yeah he is leaving the fist week of October and I'm sure they will tell me to go the next days he is gone haha. Oh well..... we will see :) I just kind of wanted to know if they give a chance to change the date , so since it seems possible I feel a bit more relaxed I didn't want to mess up anything and my husband is worried to leave but he needs to work :(

I added the little icons with my iPad using the emoji App. I thought they were so cute!!!!
So it you have one you can do it too, if not maybe from a phone??? I'm not sure about computers

Or if there is any you like you could copy and paste from mine and add it in your signature :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Welcome to the club. :-D

I am the beneficiary. ?

AOS timeline from K1

08-25-2014 - Mailed i485 packet via USPS

08-27-2014 - Packet delivered and signed by S. Bush

09-10-2014 - Email and txt notification received ???

09-17-2014 - Notice of Action (hard copy) received in mail dated 09/10/2014

09-17-2014 - Case Status changed from Acceptance to Initial Review

09-26-2014 - Biometrics Appointment Letter received and is scheduled on 10/06/2014 ???

10-06-2014 - Biometrics is done successfully. ???

12-01-2014 - I-797C notice (interview appointment letter) received, the uscis letter postmark is the same date

as our interview appointment date 11-25-2014 ??? U N B E L I E V A B L E !!!!

12-08-2014 - Interview appointment re-scheduled on 01-09-2015 ??? RELIEVED AND GRATEFUL

12-12-2014 - Online status changed to "Testing & Interview".

01-09-2015 - Interview Appointment Date ???

01-09-2015 - AOS application APPROVED! Case Status changed to card production and Welcome Notice mailed. ???

01-15-2015 - Welcome Notice received. ???

01-16-2015 - New card was mailed ??????

01-16-2015 - Case status online updated to "card was picked up by the USPS", tracking number received.

01-17-2015 - Received notification from USCIS and USPS that the card has been delivered. But only to find out that it was not delivered in our mailbox.

01-17 to 01-19-2015 - Green Card Missing.

01-20-2015 Green Card received. The carrier found it! ??? and delivered it to us. So relieved and thankful. ???

THANK YOU VISAJOURNEY AND TO ITS MEMBERS! YOU ARE ALL PART OF OUR VISA JOURNEY. ???

Timeline

Welcome to the club. :-D

Thanks!! So excited :)

y59om4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based Visas to AOS from Work, Student & Tourist Visas - OP not adjusting from family based visa~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based Visas to AOS from Work, Student & Tourist Visas - OP not adjusting from family based visa~

I see! I've been writing all the time in the wrong place then... If a came with ESTA and I got married I'm not family member????

y59om4.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Iris,

I assume for your timeline your ESTA expired on July 21st and then you got married on the 22nd?

If so, get advised about that. Perhaps USCIS might consider this fraud because you are intending to immigrate (and/or remaining in the country) upon another visa status (tourist ESTA, which is expired, in add). I saw cases where they denied the GC and forced the immigrant to start consular filing.

Maybe it is not your case.

I-751 ROC
2016-08-31 I-751 form sent to USCIS
2016-09-02 NOA 1
2016-10-13 Biometrics appointment

N-400

2017-08-31 Filed N-400 online

2017-08-31 Receipt Notice

2017-09-18 Biometrics Appointment

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I see! I've been writing all the time in the wrong place then... If a came with ESTA and I got married I'm not family member????

The other forum is specifically for those who applied for fiancé visas (and other family visas) to come to the US.

First Entered US with TN Status: 04/13/2012
Engaged: 08/24/2012
Married: 08/10/2013

Adjustment of Status from TN Status to Permanent Resident:
Day 00: AOS mailed by USPS priority Post: 05/19/2014
Day 02: AOS package arrived: 05/21/2014
Day 08: Text/email notice of acceptance: 05/27/2014
Day 11: NOAs for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 received, 05/30/2014
Day 14: Biometrics notice received with an appointment of June 17, 2914 at 3pm. 06/02/2014
Day 15: attempted walk-in successful after a very long wait 06/03/2014
Day 38: email notice that I-485 has moved to testing & interview! 06/26/2014
Day 77: EAD/AP - card production 08/06/2014
Day 84: EAD/AP card received 08/13/2014
Day 129: Infopass appointment for an update (very helpful!) 09/24/2014
Day 136: Email received with interview date 10/01/2014
Day 138: Interview notice received! 10/03/2014
Day 170: Green Card Approved on the Spot! 11/04/2014
Day 178: Green Card Received 11/12/2014

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS:

Day 00: ROC Package (Weighing 1.7kg -- 3lbs 13oz) mailed by USPS Priority Post: 09/13/2016

Day 03: ROC Package Received: 09/16/2016

Day 07: Check Cashed: 09/20/2016

Day Too many to count: Received Approval 02/05/2018

NATURALIZATION

Day 00: Submitted file online for N400 -- 07/31/2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.