AnnaMaria

Expedite Approved - CEAC Case Status READY - Help!

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I received an e-mail from our embassy about an hour ago asking if we had filled out our DS-260, which was not available as of yesterday. I responded we had not. I then checked the CEAC website and noticed that the IV FEE went from Not Invoiced to N/A and the IV Application says NOT STARTED instead of N/A.

The Current Processing Site is Bucharest and the Visa Status says READY. This is a change from yesterday of Current Site NVC and Status of NVC.

What do we do? We have the AoS packet ready to submit to the embassy. Also we have basically all of the IV packet. We need to do the medical, but we don't want to do ANYTHING that might set things back.

The embassy wrote me again recently asking for my NVC Invoice Identification # which I provided and it is now close of business and we have not heard anything else.

Should we do the DS-260 online even though our case is at the embassy, or wait for instructions from them on Monday? Should we do the medical now or wait for instructions from the embassy?

We're not sure what Ready means as far as our responsibilities at this point. We expected it to take at least over the weekend to be in Transit to the Embassy, it was there in about 18 hours!

Please help us!

Edit : We did NOT receive an e-mail from the NVC stating any changes even though we knew from the embassy our expedite was approved, we checked the webpage and found it updated without any correspondence from the NVC.

Edited by AnnaMaria
6/24/2014 - I-130 Shipped via UPS to Chicago

6/26/2014 - I-130 Received and signed for at USCIS

7/1/2014 - E-mail of acceptance with Receipt number - NoA 1 (Routed to California Service Center)

07/15/2014 - Change of Address via phone call with USCIS, confirmation via e-mail.

7/30/2014 - I-130 Approved at USCIS - NoA 2 E-mail

08/13/2014 - NVC Received Approved I-130 package from USCIS

08/21/2014 - Case Number and IIN created at NVC

08/25/2014 - Case Number and IIN received via phone call. DS-261 Available and completed online.

8/26/2014 - AoS Fee invoiced and paid online.

8/28/2014 - AoS Invoice status PAID

09/04/2014 - Expedite Request response - Must enter Beneficiary Date of Birth - Re-sent exact e-mail with requested info

09/10/2014 - Expedite Request e-mail received as "Under Review"

09/11/2014 - Expedite Request Approved - Confirmation via e-mail from U.S. Embassy in Bucharest, Romania

09/16/2014 - Embassy Received Case from NVC

09/16/2014 - Received E-mail from Embassy to Schedule our Interview and prepare documents

9/23/2014 - Medical Exam at Regina Maria - Results OK

10/01/2014 - Visa Approved!

10/03/2014 - Received Passport with Visa!

11/2/2104 - PoE Atlanta - Welcome to the US!

11/5/2014 - Paid $165 ELIS Fee

8/1/2016 - I-751 Packet sent in for Removal of Conditions!

8/15/2016 - Notice of Action 1 for I-751 - California Service Center

9/29/2016 - Received Biometrics Appointment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

My case was expedited at the NVC stage too. If you aren't sure what to do then wait for the embassy to send you the packet with instructions. As soon as my ds-260 unlocked I filled it in and printed off the confirmation page. That won't slow you down. Once the embassy sends you the packet your case will go very quickly so you can take a deep breath and relax until then. :) (Thats how our embassy worked)

Edited by Married4Life13

Married 11/08/2013

USCIS

01/25/14- Mailed I-130 form

01/31/14- NOA1

02/05/14- Check Cashed

05/29/14- NOA2

NVC

06/04/14- NVC Received

06/24/14- Case Number Assigned

07/01/14- Requested NVC expedite

07/09/14- DS-261 available and completed

07/16/14- AOS paid

07/17/14- Expedite approved

09/08/14- Interview

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.