AnnaMaria

Expedite Approved from NVC to Embassy, Need assistance on the next step please.

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello, I've searched the forums, and I cannot find the answer to the questions I have. Could someone please assist us?

Our expedite was approved today, and we are in dire need to know the following answers if anyone has them.

1) How long should we expect it to take the case to move from NVC to the Embassy?

2) Once the embassy receives our case, what is the next step they will take?

-Our NVC phase was AOS Paid and we were waiting to send in the AoS packet with the IV packet once it was invoiced.

3) We have several of the IV packet items, such as the beneficiary's police certificate and such, but do we need to go ahead and do her medical at this point or wait for instructions from the embassy?

4) Should we prepare to make multiple trips to the embassy so they can process the AoS and IV packet or in normal expedited circumstances do they schedule an interview and ask you to bring all of the documentation with you at that time?

5) If an interview is scheduled, how long after they receive the case do they actually schedule the interview assuming they are not a high workload embassy?

6) If there is anything else we should know about what to expect at this point once our case reaches the embassy, we would be very happy to hear any information you can provide. (Remember, we have only done the DS-261 and paid our AoS fee at the NVC, everything else would be done at the Embassy I presume)

Thank you, I know I posted about the approval earlier, but I buried my questions at the end of the post and that was meant to be the most important reason for me posting to begin with.

6/24/2014 - I-130 Shipped via UPS to Chicago

6/26/2014 - I-130 Received and signed for at USCIS

7/1/2014 - E-mail of acceptance with Receipt number - NoA 1 (Routed to California Service Center)

07/15/2014 - Change of Address via phone call with USCIS, confirmation via e-mail.

7/30/2014 - I-130 Approved at USCIS - NoA 2 E-mail

08/13/2014 - NVC Received Approved I-130 package from USCIS

08/21/2014 - Case Number and IIN created at NVC

08/25/2014 - Case Number and IIN received via phone call. DS-261 Available and completed online.

8/26/2014 - AoS Fee invoiced and paid online.

8/28/2014 - AoS Invoice status PAID

09/04/2014 - Expedite Request response - Must enter Beneficiary Date of Birth - Re-sent exact e-mail with requested info

09/10/2014 - Expedite Request e-mail received as "Under Review"

09/11/2014 - Expedite Request Approved - Confirmation via e-mail from U.S. Embassy in Bucharest, Romania

09/16/2014 - Embassy Received Case from NVC

09/16/2014 - Received E-mail from Embassy to Schedule our Interview and prepare documents

9/23/2014 - Medical Exam at Regina Maria - Results OK

10/01/2014 - Visa Approved!

10/03/2014 - Received Passport with Visa!

11/2/2104 - PoE Atlanta - Welcome to the US!

11/5/2014 - Paid $165 ELIS Fee

8/1/2016 - I-751 Packet sent in for Removal of Conditions!

8/15/2016 - Notice of Action 1 for I-751 - California Service Center

9/29/2016 - Received Biometrics Appointment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey I see you got your epedite request. Congrats! Whats the email address for expedite reqursts?

Hello, I've searched the forums, and I cannot find the answer to the questions I have. Could someone please assist us?

Our expedite was approved today, and we are in dire need to know the following answers if anyone has them.

1) How long should we expect it to take the case to move from NVC to the Embassy?

2) Once the embassy receives our case, what is the next step they will take?

-Our NVC phase was AOS Paid and we were waiting to send in the AoS packet with the IV packet once it was invoiced.

3) We have several of the IV packet items, such as the beneficiary's police certificate and such, but do we need to go ahead and do her medical at this point or wait for instructions from the embassy?

4) Should we prepare to make multiple trips to the embassy so they can process the AoS and IV packet or in normal expedited circumstances do they schedule an interview and ask you to bring all of the documentation with you at that time?

5) If an interview is scheduled, how long after they receive the case do they actually schedule the interview assuming they are not a high workload embassy?

6) If there is anything else we should know about what to expect at this point once our case reaches the embassy, we would be very happy to hear any information you can provide. (Remember, we have only done the DS-261 and paid our AoS fee at the NVC, everything else would be done at the Embassy I presume)

Thank you, I know I posted about the approval earlier, but I buried my questions at the end of the post and that was meant to be the most important reason for me posting to begin with.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

hi we are in same boat

i just got embassy approved yesterday and i received email that say may i have to provide all this document at interview include the pay fee

ang i thing the case takes week to embassy receive it

please let me know if you have any additional information

Edited by kirollos

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.