17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I filed for I-485 and I-765 on 5/28 and my case still pending.i made an infipass at baltimore uscis office, on the appointement confermation page show interim EAD, does it mean I will get interim EAD from uscis office? Any body has experienced this recentely? I know ppl says that they stoped issuing interim EAD, if so why does it say interin EAD on the appointement page?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
  1. Heres what I found on the subject. Hope it helps some
    Getting an interim EAD. If an applicant has not received a decision from the USCIS within 90 days (30 days for asylum based applications) of a properly filed EAD, he/she can get an interim EAD by appearing in person at the local USCIS office.
    Just bring all your identification with you and any docs from USCIS and they can issue you a card good for about 240 days. Hopefully then you will have your card.

Timeline

You know, after reading some other posts I see that even going to an INFOPASS could be a waste of time too. Oh wow, I hope you can get some answers soon. I know that waiting is something your kinda got used to but theres got to be some light at the end of a rainbow.

Have you called USCIS and asked for a service request? It shouldnt take this long for a card. Keep me informed !

Timeline

I called uscis customer service on 08/18 the persone I spok too he said he will put an request for me since then I haven't heard any thing.i called again yesterday and I asked the lady I need to speak to tier2 IO she said I can't until 30 from the request , I schedule infopass it saids iterim EAD

Timeline

I'm trying its not easy to be in such setuation, not be able to work, drive or have a bank account or travel.i have been in usa for six months.

Thank you guys

Timeline

I totally get it. Faycel has been here since February 11 and I know that he was feeling the same as you. I know that you dont want to just sit around and wait on someone to give you a life. I know being away from family and friends is not easy. You can try again by calling USCIS and seeing where your case stands. I also saw another post where you had not submitted some docs and they may still reviewing your AOS package. Dont give up on your case and try to be persistent on getting a answer.

Hang in there. Remember that we all want things our way, but things will happen in HIS (allah) time.

Renee

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I thought for a very long time that I could not open a bank account, mostly because my family members kept saying I wouldn't be able to.

Once I went to open a bank account for my wife, I was more prepared to open the account than her (she didn't had a photo ID yet). I could have open the account for myself with just my passport and the ID issued by the country I was born (in this case Brazil, and the document being the identification card).

I did not open an account on the spot, however I could have done so. The reason was, that I wished to wait for my wife to get her photo ID (which ended up being the state ID), and open a joint account.

I needed more documents than she did, but not by much.

All you need is two photo IDs (passport + a photo ID issued by the country you were born) and proof of residency (you could request a credit card application to a bank, and that will be enough (which was what my wife did it).

The banker asked me if I had a SSN, and since I don't have one, or was ever issued one, she had to enter something on the computer of which would automatic deduct 30% of my earnings from the savings account. However as she noted, I wouldn't be deducted anything as right now, as the earnings to our saving account is very little, and only after so much of earnings does you need to pay tax on it.

So if you like to open a bank account, you can.

This could depend on the bank. The bank I open the account was a CitiBank.

Best of luck to you!

Did you use a lawyer? Just wondering of the package got sent later than it seems. If no RFE, and if your NOA1 date is really May 28, then you can call and ask for a service request on the EAD as it has been past 90 days.

What is the date on the NOA1?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

I have sent the package on 5/28 they start working on my case on 6/2 notice date 6/5

No did n't use a lower I called for service request 9/18 didn't receive any thing then I called again yesterday.i asked to speak with tier IO the lady on the phone said I can't untill 30 days after the service request, I have schedual infopass on 10/5 on the appointement said interim EAD.SO I will see what will hapen

You EAD will be approved soon; probably next week. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.