reeses

medical exam questions

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all! I just finished my med exam and bec of my keloid scar in my forearm i was asked to go back on sept 11. I told the dr during my phsycal exam that it was an accident during my childhood but keeps insisting that it was used by a blade or glass but it is just really an accident when i was young. She even told me to tell the truth. Is that really the process? I have no drugs background or anything. The dr. is quite rude from the start

Yes, that's part of the process. Doctors specifically check for slash marks for suicide attempts, needle marks for drug use, tattoos for positive contamination from use of needles etc. If you have any proof that it was just an accident, take it with you to your next appointment. Yes they can be rude, but I'm guessing they're just tired from seeing thousands of people everyday.

Timeline

Yes, that's part of the process. Doctors specifically check for slash marks for suicide attempts, needle marks for drug use, tattoos for positive contamination from use of needles etc. If you have any proof that it was just an accident, take it with you to your next appointment. Yes they can be rude, but I'm guessing they're just tired from seeing thousands of people everyday.

i guess so too. Thank u once again for replying for my concern. For the proof, i can ask my mom to write a letter regarding it, as it is from my childhood. Can i use that as an evidence? I also have two tattoos one is for my son its a bible verse and one is my fiancé's last name. Of course that will soon be my surname hehe. But the nurse said who scheduled me for an additional exam says its bec of my scar. I have other scars from childhoold though. Just small scars.

Can that affect our petition's approval or something?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can you get the medical records from the treatment you had for that injury? A letter from your mom is not nearly as good as records from your doctor.

Hopefully when you go back you will get a different panel doctor.

Edited by Al422

Timeline

Can you get the medical records from the treatment you had for that injury? A letter from your mom is not nearly as good as records from your doctor.

Hopefully when you go back you will get a different panel doctor.

Timeline

I was not hospitalized for the scar wasnt treated at all. It wes tiny scratches and turned into keloid like my scar before bec of a car plate number ... :( i can only travel until my 34th week of pregnancy hope it wont cause delays any advise? :(... the dr. Even asked me if who is tge father that im bearing. I answered my fiance. We have ob records for proof anyway from the time he last visited me.

I don't think any notes from your pediatrician would help since he/she didn't treat your wound. Do you have a family doctor that could help to clear it up? It could go two ways. Either they clear you and believe it is nothing or they insist its self inflicted and you might be recommended for psychiatric evaluation. Dont be discouraged. Insist that you are telling the truth and be firm about it.

Timeline

I don't think any notes from your pediatrician would help since he/she didn't treat your wound. Do you have a family doctor that could help to clear it up? It could go two ways. Either they clear you and believe it is nothing or they insist its self inflicted and you might be recommended for psychiatric evaluation. Dont be discouraged. Insist that you are telling the truth and be firm about it.

It was staple on my receipt that ts a psychiatrric eval that im scheduled on the 11th. Yes, we have a family doctor. May i ask what do u think is the best that he can state? Im kind of upset that this small thing can affect our visa or delay it coz im pregnant. Will it affect? Or delay? :(

Don't be upset. I honestly think that you won't have any problems and will pass the evaluation. That's what it is, just an evaluation. You are being honest and therefore have nothing to worry about. As far as I know, after the evaluation, the doctor will need 2-3 days to write their report. They just have to make sure you are not a threat to others and to yourself :P Hindi ka naman siguro luka luka diba sis? Haha relax lang. Everything will be ok. Wag problemahin ang problemang hindi pa nag-eexist :D

Timeline

Don't be upset. I honestly think that you won't have any problems and will pass the evaluation. That's what it is, just an evaluation. You are being honest and therefore have nothing to worry about. As far as I know, after the evaluation, the doctor will need 2-3 days to write their report. They just have to make sure you are not a threat to others and to yourself :P Hindi ka naman siguro luka luka diba sis? Haha relax lang. Everything will be ok. Wag problemahin ang problemang hindi pa nag-eexist :D

maybe im just stressing so much. Haii this process is mai bumps pala. But thank u so much for still encouraging me. I really appreciate it =) ill let u know if what happened ... thank u thank u

Timeline

@iammrsregi

hi i just had my personal eval eariler, answered questions and handed my med cert i got from a surgeon. the dr. says to go back to room N for instructions.

the nurse says that ill call on monday for the results availability and go back for immunization. hope its a good sign

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.