joeber

Question concerning Medical in Scarborough with Dr. Lee

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys,

I have my medical appointment tomorrow morning in Scarborough with Dr. Randall Todd Lee. I'm just double checking to make sure I am well prepared and have everything in order. Does my checklist look like it is missing anything?

- Three 2x2 passport photos

- Interview Letter

- Passport

- Immunization Records

- $300 Payment

- Proof of Chicken Pox

Also, I am bringing hospital records along proving that I am 22 weeks pregnant in case they need it. And I have my binder full of photocopies and originals of all requested documents, including my birth certificate, etc.

Has anyone been to this doctor before? Perhaps you could describe your experience and shed some light on what I should be expecting? (ie. How long did the whole thing take?) That would be GREATLY appreciated! A little nervous here :s

Thanks!

Timeline

I haven't had my medical yet.. it's Thursday. but that list you made looks right.

Good luck! Please post a review when you're done :)

IR1/CR1 Visa - We are using a lawyer!

Embassy: Montreal, Canada

USCIS

22 Jan 2013 -- packageSent
31 Jan 2013 -- NOA1 from NBC

6 Mar 2013 -- I130 transferred to Orlando local field office (which started the whole nightmare)

Mar 2013 to October 2013 no one would tell us where our case was or what was happening. I suspected the whole time it was just sitting in a corner somewhere in the Orlando field office. I was pretty much right.

October 2013 - get congressman involved. Congressman asks USCIS repeatedly about our case but they won't even tell them anything.

31 Jan 2014- finally get NOA2!!!! (we think the nightmare is over!)

NVC

Our case was not sent from the Orlando field office as it should have been. The nightmare continues. We kept calling NVC and asking if they received our case, and they always said "NO" and that we had to wait 90 business days for it to be received. We called USCIS during this time and they kept telling us it had been sent. After the 90 days of agonizing frustration, NVC then started telling us we had to wait 120 business days. I got our congressman involved again, and they told the congressman it was sitting at the Orlando office this whole time (just as I thought it was!).

22 Apr 2014 -- NVC received
16 May 2014 -- NVC case number assigned
24 May 2014 -- AoS and IV bills paid

28 May 2014 -- Sent AoS and IV Packages

6 June 2014 -- documents scanned

18 July 2014 -- false checklist from NVC

21 July 2014 -- Case complete

28 July 2014 -- receive case complete email from NV

30 July 2014 -- interview booked! September 11 here I come!

Embassy
04 Sept 2014 -- Medical
11 Sept 2014 -- Interview - APPROVED!!!!
15 Sept 2014 -- Package arrived at Loomis location!!!

**03 Oct 2014 -- POE!! **

I NOW LIVE IN OCALA, FL!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got NOA2...not there yet. But I think I'll have to visit the same doctor for my medical. If you don't mind me asking, how did you get a proof of chicken pox? Sorry I'm just trying to learn since I'll have to go through the same thing soon (hopefully)

Just got NOA2...not there yet. But I think I'll have to visit the same doctor for my medical. If you don't mind me asking, how did you get a proof of chicken pox? Sorry I'm just trying to learn since I'll have to go through the same thing soon (hopefully)

you can get tests of immunity done.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Chicken pox is either proof of vaccination or a verbal declaration that you have had chicken pox.

2011-05-21: Matched on eharmony (clearly not in my 60 mile radius preference!)

2011-07-30: Met in Ottawa

2011-08-28: Day I knew I wanted to spend my life with her

2012-01-21: I proposed, outside in the freezing cold!

2012-02-06: Mailed out K-1 via FedEX

2012-02-10: NOA1

2012-08-01: NOA2

2012-08-17: Packet 3 received (email)

2012-09-10: Packet 3 sent

2012-09-12: Packet 4 received (email) with request for 2 photos

2012-10-29: Medical in Toronto

2012-11-06: Interview - Approved!

2013-04-05: POE Thousand Islands

2013-04-20: Wedding

Timeline

I haven't had my medical yet.. it's Thursday. but that list you made looks right.

Good luck! Please post a review when you're done :)

Sorry this is late, Exocet. I hope your medical goes well today!

Thanks for the responses everybody. My experience in Scarborough is as follows:

I got there a half hour before my 9:30 AM appointment and started off by filling out a form stating my name, interview date, etc. The person for the 9 AM appointment showed up late (around 10) and so I was taken first. Seems like a first come first serve policy?

Next I handed over my three passport photos which they kept. And my immunization record, passport, and interview letter were photocopied and given back to me.

I waited quite a while later then since they were running behind in the office. Around 10:15 I was called into Dr. Lee's examination room. The nurse asked me to remove all my clothes and put on this paper-towel-like sheet thing. It was weird. About 15 minutes later, Dr. Lee came in and had me sign a few forms. (One of them was the required waiver for the chest x-ray because I'm pregnant.) He gave me a very brief physical examination, tested my eyesight, and asked me all about my medical history. He took my word that I had chicken pox when I was 6, and didn't ask for proof. Then he informed me that all I needed was an updated Tdap vaccine from my family doctor and I was good to go!

Back at reception, I paid $300 cash as well as $30 for expedited courier service of my package to my home address four hours away.

Then I was given two documents with my passport photos stapled to them: one for bloodwork and one for the x-ray.

I went downstairs in the building for the bloodwork, took a number and had a seat. There were about 7 people ahead of me. When my number was called 20 minutes later, I handed over my document and had my blood taken. Then I headed out immediately to the x-ray clinic at 4002 Sheppard Ave E, Toronto, ON. (About 15 minute drive from Dr. Lee's office).

This part was very fast and simple. I handed over the document, had a seat for barely 5 minutes before I was called in for the x-ray. I changed into a hospital gown and was given a double lead protective layer to cover my abdomen due to the pregnancy. The x-ray was taken and I was sent on my way.

The next day I received my Tdap vaccine and faxed proof of it to Dr. Lee's office. Now I am awaiting my sealed medical package in the mail within the next 5 business days!

Here's to hoping the rest of this process goes just as smoothly :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.